watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa πŸ™„

Started by perry geyton, August 08, 2021, 05:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyFFC

Expecting someone to travel to places like Barnsley for a paltry 3 million pounds a year, is a breach of many modern footballers' human rights surely

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on August 09, 2021, 02:13:19 AM
Quote from: Deeping_white on August 09, 2021, 01:31:17 AM
Perry we all know you hate Anguissa as you've created probably half a dozen threads to slag him off in recent times, but if you're going to start rumours then at least post links to your "evidence" rather than saying it's being said all over the place. AsΒ  far as I can see there hasn't been a single news outlet running a story on it, which would be quite big news considering he's our most expensive asset
Since when have MSM & news outlets ever given out correct information on any subject  Deeping White ? 🀣
I mainly go by intuition and common sense these days

But you still haven't offered a single link to this rumour and I certainly haven't seen it anywhere, although according to you "their (sic) saying it all over the place".
Now you've changed your tune and are going on common sense and intuition. Is that an admission that you haven't seen this reported anywhere after all?

Having said that, I don't think Zambo has been a game changer and tend to disagree with the minority on here who assert that we would have won yesterday if he had played.

Craven Mad

Whilst I'm a big Anguissa fan, given the numbers being touted for him, I do think we'd be better off selling him and buying (for instance) Will Hughes and Grimes instead.

@jolslover

Quote from: Whitestone on August 09, 2021, 08:34:55 AM
Anguissa would have made a difference yesterday. He should have been selected irrespective of what may or may not be going on in the background unless he was carrying an injury.

Agree
STH H3

Riversider

So many supporters struggle to understand that football players are basically a product that gets bought and sold, sometimes a player has an involvement and sometimes they don't,Β  dependent on their age, their contract length, their value,
Relegated clubs invariably have to sell a star player to raise funds to give to their respective manager,
The likes of Danjuma, Brooks, Billing, Pereira, Berg, Ramsdale and Anguissa will always be painted by their club as looking to get away when in reality the club needs to sell players to raise revenue,
Have a look at Tottenham,Β  apparently Kane has been troublesome when in reality Spurs fancy the Β£150 million for a 28 year old with dodgy ankles so that they can rebuild,
Brentford have been excellent at it and their supporters very understanding about it,
So let's cut Anguissa a bit of slack shall we
COYSW

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: General on August 08, 2021, 08:09:21 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 08, 2021, 05:49:08 PM
It'd be stupid to plan to sell Anguissa, and not give Onamah any real preseason minutes.Β  Β Also, selling Stefjo while Grimes is still playing in a game for Swansea (where the player risk injury that would kill any deal) and only have a returning from injury Reed and returning from injury Cairney on your roster.

If we sell Anguissa before Grimes is wearing the shirt...

I blame our hiring and recruitment people.... again. TONY Khan!!! So frustrating.

It's a shame because things looked so promising this time. Wilson and Gazzaniga in early and strong rumours about Muniz and Grimes. Instead we start the season with gaping holes in our squad, as always. Still, we can't really blame TK for Muniz testing positive for covid and Swansea holding on to Grimes until they've got another player back from suspension. If Muniz+Grimes are our first choices I can totally understand why we haven't signed anyone else but if the Muniz/Grimes deals fall through TK and the recuitment team will have a lot to answer for.

Deeping_white

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on August 09, 2021, 12:16:49 PM
It'd be stupid to plan to sell Anguissa, and not give Onamah any real preseason minutes.Β  Β Also, selling Stefjo while Grimes is still playing in a game for Swansea (where the player risk injury that would kill any deal) and only have a returning from injury Reed and returning from injury Cairney on your roster.

I blame our hiring and recruitment people.... again. TONY Khan!!! So frustrating.

It's a shame because things looked so promising this time. Wilson and Gazzaniga in early and strong rumours about Muniz and Grimes. Instead we start the season with gaping holes in our squad, as always. Still, we can't really blame TK for Muniz testing positive for covid and Swansea holding on to Grimes until they've got another player back from suspension. If Muniz+Grimes are our first choices I can totally understand why we haven't signed anyone else but if the Muniz/Grimes deals fall through TK and the recuitment team will have a lot to answer for.

Sorry where are the gaping holes exactly? We started with a second string CM trio yesterday because the first choice three are all injured, something that's not really the recruitment teams fault is it? Other than that we're not short in any position other than striker which we know why we haven't already signed Muniz yet

Statto

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 09, 2021, 12:30:45 PM

Sorry where are the gaping holes exactly? We started with a second string CM trio yesterday because the first choice three are all injured, something that's not really the recruitment teams fault is it? Other than that we're not short in any position other than striker which we know why we haven't already signed Muniz yet

The 2 (Reed and Cairney - not sure who the 3rd is) were known to be injured some time ago and will both injured again before the season finishes so we can't really use that as an excuse. Onomah, Francois and Carvalho is, with all due respect, a far cry from McDonald, Johansen and Cairney and arguably not even a top 6 midfield. I said at the outset of this window that CM was the priority area, and whilst I was temporarily appeased by the Grimes rumours, the failure to get him or anyone in thus far has cost us 2 points and counting. So I have to agree with the complaints.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2021, 01:06:13 PM

The 2 (Reed and Cairney - not sure who the 3rd is) were known to be injured some time ago and will both injured again before the season finishes so we can't really use that as an excuse. Onomah, Francois and Carvalho is, with all due respect, a far cry from McDonald, Johansen and Cairney and arguably not even a top 6 midfield. I said at the outset of this window that CM was the priority area, and whilst I was temporarily appeased by the Grimes rumours, the failure to get him or anyone in thus far has cost us 2 points and counting. So I have to agree with the complaints.

Fully fit our starting three would be Reed/TC/Anguissa. We're hardly going to sign a CM when we have 7 currently in our first team without one leaving though are we? For us to bring in Grimes for example, we have to sell Anguissa first because then we have 8 CM's that we've got contracted to the club, and if he doesn't leave for whatever reason then we're stuffed from an FFP perspective because of the sheer number of players we'd be paying to not play, plus the fact we've spent even more money in that position with no incoming cash. So short of selling Anguissa for less than what he's worth for a quick sale, we need him to go before we move onto buying in additional replacements

Twig

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 09, 2021, 01:28:49 PM

Fully fit our starting three would be Reed/TC/Anguissa. We're hardly going to sign a CM when we have 7 currently in our first team without one leaving though are we? For us to bring in Grimes for example, we have to sell Anguissa first because then we have 8 CM's that we've got contracted to the club, and if he doesn't leave for whatever reason then we're stuffed from an FFP perspective because of the sheer number of players we'd be paying to not play, plus the fact we've spent even more money in that position with no incoming cash. So short of selling Anguissa for less than what he's worth for a quick sale, we need him to go before we move onto buying in additional replacements

If we have 8 CM's isn't that a sign of an imbalanced squad? And that suggests historic recruitment errors to me. As to Anguissa, well he's worth what other clubs will pay, no more no less.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Twig on August 09, 2021, 02:29:56 PM

If we have 8 CM's isn't that a sign of an imbalanced squad? And that suggests historic recruitment errors to me. As to Anguissa, well he's worth what other clubs will pay, no more no less.

Not for me. I think its a sign of a fantastic academy that has pushed up two stars into the first team squad.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Twig on August 09, 2021, 02:29:56 PM

Not really as we play with 3 CM's in our formation, so you need at least 6 so you have 2 for each position, and then a utility 7th who is ideally a youth team player as 7th in the pecking order because inevitably we will see injuries over a 48+ game season and require depth options.

AJW48361

Young lads done well yesterday but you wouldn't that midfieldΒ  3 away from home althoughΒ  Josh O was excellent.

Somerset Fulham

So the whole thing is a fabrication of your own doing, Perry?

How very disappointing.

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 09, 2021, 04:38:37 PM
So the whole thing is a fabrication of your own doing, Perry?

How very disappointing.
You love having a go don't you Summerset
Arsenal, Roma, Everton, Villa all rumored to be interested, only a day ago
All of a sudden he's apparently injured and benched for the first game of the season ?
Put 2 & 2 together
It hardly takes a genius PLUS he thinks he's bigger then us

Like I said I'd be fine with him leaving, there's way better out there for a way better price

Now get back to your beans on toast

Somerset Fulham

St Eve

The Old Count

Quote from: St Eve on August 09, 2021, 04:58:35 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 09, 2021, 04:50:07 PM
So you made it up?
I can't find a link for this either
More importantly - What's wrong with beans on toast?

Statto

Saying we have 7 CMs is totally misleading.

We have two CMs who will only just play 46 games between them (Cairney and Reed)

We have Onomah who's arguably not the standard we need if the target is top two

We have one CM who hasn't played a game for us in over two years (Seri)

We have another CM we can't use, as yesterday demonstrates (Anguissa)

We have two youth players who can play CM... just like we have several layers of youth cover in every position theoretically

So for all intents and purposes we have one quality CM (Reed + Cairney = 1) and one backup CM (Onomah)Β 

We ain't getting promoted with that

perry geyton

Quote from: The Old Count on August 09, 2021, 05:03:24 PM
Quote from: St Eve on August 09, 2021, 04:58:35 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 09, 2021, 04:50:07 PM
So you made it up?
I can't find a link for this either
More importantly - What's wrong with beans on toast?
Absolutely nothing
But not 7 days a week