Main Menu

Anguissa πŸ™„

Started by perry geyton, August 08, 2021, 05:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Quote from: Whitestone on August 10, 2021, 07:38:45 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 10, 2021, 07:36:03 PM
It's not funny though, Blingo.

Agree, it's not funny and totally disrespectful to Anguissa. No one knows the full facts.

Totally disrespectful to Anguissa

Do me a favor

Not fulfilling a contract and not wanting to play when on silly money and thinking your too good when you areΒ  not and have done bugger all to prove yourselfΒ  in 3 yearsΒ  is what I would call disrespectful

Mr U turn can do one as far as I'm concerned

FFCFOREVER

Agree, it's not funny and totally disrespectful to Anguissa. No one knows the full facts.
Lol. The full facts are that Anguissa aint up to the job of representing FFC.Β  Respect must be earned and he aint earned it. Gimme a Terry Hurlock over him any day of the week please.

love4ffc

Reading WhiteJC Daily news (second story of the day) and you'll find that "Silva does not want any uncommitted players playing for Fulham".Β  I would agree and support that line off thinking.Β 

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=82593.0
Anyone can blend into the crowd.Β  How will you standout when it counts?

Pluto

If this is true it's really disappointing, especially as he had never actually performed in a way to suggest our current level is actually beneath his capabilities as a player. He was pretty mediocre last season in a poor team and he isn't doing himself any favours here either - bit embarrassing turning up at the cottage and sitting in the stands when you've refused to play because you consider yourself above the lads out there working hard for the shirt.

I've been in his corner but if we can get anything near what we paid for him, ship him out.

Whitestone

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on August 11, 2021, 02:49:31 AM

Lol. The full facts are that Anguissa aint up to the job of representing FFC.Β  Respect must be earned and he aint earned it. Gimme a Terry Hurlock over him any day of the week please.

Terry Hurlock. Ha ha ha. That's like comparing a Rolls Royce with a Dacia.

sarvenpa

If as player want to leave and show no commitment or even refuse to play, then that player should not be paid.
No work - No money!

bill taylors apprentice

What do we know of Zambo's time at FFC?

He costs us a hell of a lot of money in salary & transfer fees.
He struggled to play at the desired level when he arrived in the PL
Parker reinstated him into the team during the final games in the PL and he showed some promise.
Its widely accepted he made it clear he didn't want to play in the EFL the following year.
He played for Villarreal on loan and by all accounts had a decent season, albeit in a less physical league.
He returned to FFC for another PL season and again showed some promise but only showed very occasional flashes of quality and never affected the results in a positive way.

He impresses when he steals the ball or keeps the ball under pressure in tight situations.
Too infrequently he uses his athleticism to carry the ball, when he does it excites but never delivers.
None of the above is done in area of the pitch that hurt the opposition throughout his time with us.
Considering what we get for the money its cost the club he can only be described as a big failure.

That's the basics as far as I'm concerned but can anyone show I'm wrong?

General

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 11, 2021, 09:38:24 AM
What do we know of Zambo's time at FFC?

He costs us a hell of a lot of money in salary & transfer fees.
He struggled to play at the desired level when he arrived in the PL
Parker reinstated him into the team during the final games in the PL and he showed some promise.
Its widely accepted he made it clear he didn't want to play in the EFL the following year.
He played for Villarreal on loan and by all accounts had a decent season, albeit in a less physical league.
He returned to FFC for another PL season and again showed some promise but only showed very occasional flashes of quality and never affected the results in a positive way.

He impresses when he steals the ball or keeps the ball under pressure in tight situations.
Too infrequently he uses his athleticism to carry the ball, when he does it excites but never delivers.
None of the above is done in area of the pitch that hurt the opposition throughout his time with us.
Considering what we get for the money its cost the club he can only be described as a big failure.

That's the basics as far as I'm concerned but can anyone show I'm wrong?

I mean that's quite easy to do.

Don't you remember against Leeds at Elland Road where with the ball he shrugged off kalvin Phillips (who played every game getting England to the euro finals this summer), then played a perfectly weighted pass to BDR who subsequently scored.

And before you say that's it and he doesn't do anything else because it's the easy default to go to and you can't be bothered to check, because you've clearly missed a pretty obvious example, you may actually be inclined to check videos - not stats - and see what he did offer. Because he obviously did offer stuff and your suggestion he didn't and resting on laurels where there are obvious examples suggests you're more inclined to go with information that reaffirms your confirmation bias over actual objectivity and facts.

FulhamStu

He also carried the ball forward, outpacing the Leicester midfield to lay in Lookman with a perfect pass when we beat Leicester.Β  This and the Leeds goal as mentioned above are examples that he has the ability to influence things, he does however always seem to be in 2nd gear, sometime does not track back and I would say is a bit of a luxury most of the time.Β  With the right attitude and a bit of fight he could be a world beater, he just strikes me as a bit of a lazy player that plays for himself and I suspect would have gone missing in the championship as often as not.Β  Best to get as much money for him as we can, certainly more than Β£20M and use that to bring in players more suitable to our needs right now.Β  I was very much a Frank man when he first arrived but he has let me down.

rebel

Quote from: sarvenpa on August 11, 2021, 09:04:31 AM
If as player want to leave and show no commitment or even refuse to play, then that player should not be paid.
No work - No money!

If he refuses to play, that's Breach of Contract.

rebel

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 11, 2021, 09:59:44 AM
He also carried the ball forward, outpacing the Leicester midfield to lay in Lookman with a perfect pass when we beat Leicester.Β  This and the Leeds goal as mentioned above are examples that he has the ability to influence things, he does however always seem to be in 2nd gear, sometime does not track back and I would say is a bit of a luxury most of the time.Β  With the right attitude and a bit of fight he could be a world beater, he just strikes me as a bit of a lazy player that plays for himself and I suspect would have gone missing in the championship as often as not.Β  Best to get as much money for him as we can, certainly more than Β£20M and use that to bring in players more suitable to our needs right now.Β  I was very much a Frank man when he first arrived but he has let me down.

He has the ability, he should be MotM in every match. He should be driving forward at every opportunity, some of his play last season reminded me of Parker playing. Pirouetting in a circle, you beaten all the opposition players, but keep doing it, then pass back.

FulhamStu

I think he has said he doesn't want to play in the championship rather than he will not play.Β  Silva has said he will not pick players that don't want to play rather than will not play.Β  It's sort of semantics but I think Silva realises that he will not get 100% from him, so better get the money and buy hungry players and I agree with that.Β  Life has been made too easy for Anguissa who always looks like he needs a bit of a kick up the bum to me.Β  Earns a fortune, breezes through games, maybe he is the same in training ?

rebel

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 11, 2021, 10:24:32 AM
I think he has said he doesn't want to play in the championship rather than he will not play.Β  Silva has said he will not pick players that don't want to play rather than will not play.Β  It's sort of semantics but I think Silva realises that he will not get 100% from him, so better get the money and buy hungry players and I agree with that.Β  Life has been made too easy for Anguissa who always looks like he needs a bit of a kick up the bum to me.Β  Earns a fortune, breezes through games, maybe he is the same in training ?

It's the same with Seri, if he plays it won't be 100% effort.

cmg

Quote from: rebel on August 11, 2021, 10:14:51 AM

If he refuses to play, that's Breach of Contract.

...and if he doesn't but someone says he does, that's libel.
And if he was MotM every game he'd win the Balon D'Or.
And if he set fire to HMS Victory at Portsmouth it would be 'arson in Her Majesty's Dockyard' and thus a capital crime.
But first a whole bunch of opinions, rumours and theories would need to be established as facts.

MickyAdamsFamily

Β Thanks, cmg, that's nicely put

MartyFFC

Football forums are awash with conjecture, rumour and supposition; and really shouldn't be taken so seriously......

perry geyton

But Prince Zambo is untouchable and by far the best player in the football league by a country mile,
Why on earth would he lower his standards to the championship ? That leagues not good enough to clean his boots
I mean 1 goal and 1 assist with stats like that surely he's champions league

Any news ?
Has he buggered off yet ?

General

Just an update on zambo, the club posted photos of Harrison reed on twitter and zambo is still training with the guys.

Back in the day I remember some players were kept out of games until window closed Just for precaution and not even necessarily because a player wanted to leave. They are assets not worth risking in some instances and not always an indication of a player actively not wanting to play at the club.

General

Quote from: perry geyton on August 11, 2021, 02:50:37 PM
But Prince Zambo is untouchable and by far the best player in the football league by a country mile,
Why on earth would he lower his standards to the championship ? That leagues not good enough to clean his boots
I mean 1 goal and 1 assist with stats like that surely he's champions league

Any news ?
Has he buggered off yet ?

In fairness he isn't and has never been a goalscoring midfielder. To expect it from him is slightly strange and akin to thinking Harrison Reed to score and be our attacking outlet or any other general cm and with Wilson, BDR and Mitro its not what we need him to do.

Would be nice to have cairney back fit though.

roberto w6

I believe PSG have their lawyers working 24/7 to back out of the Messi deal since they've found out Anguissa was available