watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa πŸ™„

Started by perry geyton, August 08, 2021, 05:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonnyjim

You're all going on like it's Lionel Messi or something. Anguissa has showed glimpses of how good he could be but he's never really been a star player, his record shows that. If he doesn't want to play for us, we need to sell him ASAP and replace him with someone who wants to play football.

perry geyton

Quote from: sonnyjim on August 12, 2021, 06:26:24 PM
You're all going on like it's Lionel Messi or something. Anguissa has showed glimpses of how good he could be but he's never really been a star player, his record shows that. If he doesn't want to play for us, we need to sell him ASAP and replace him with someone who wants to play football.

I'll drink to that 🍻

Twig

Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 11, 2021, 04:29:12 PM
If the manager cannot motivate Anguissa then that is the MANAGER'S problem. I always compared Anguissa to Patrick Vieira and as has been stated, yes he sometimes plays within himself. However watching that shambles against the primitive tactics of Neil Warnock, Fulham needed someone with central midfield prescence, something Anguissa possesses.

One must take issue with some of the fickle Fulham fans who decry such a talented individual when we are playing juniors like Francois & Cavalho who opponents will eat for breakfast! Observe Mitrovic's effort and much as I am an admirer his work rate is woeful. Doubt if Anguissa can do less and one has to believe in a decent manager being able to get the most out of his players, otherwise Silva is not fit for purpose.

One has to disagree old chap. Motivation comes from within, a manager might provide some support but if Anguissa can't motivate himself that is most certainly his problem. One would hasten to suggest.

General

Quote from: Twig on August 12, 2021, 09:46:12 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 11, 2021, 04:29:12 PM
If the manager cannot motivate Anguissa then that is the MANAGER'S problem. I always compared Anguissa to Patrick Vieira and as has been stated, yes he sometimes plays within himself. However watching that shambles against the primitive tactics of Neil Warnock, Fulham needed someone with central midfield prescence, something Anguissa possesses.

One must take issue with some of the fickle Fulham fans who decry such a talented individual when we are playing juniors like Francois & Cavalho who opponents will eat for breakfast! Observe Mitrovic's effort and much as I am an admirer his work rate is woeful. Doubt if Anguissa can do less and one has to believe in a decent manager being able to get the most out of his players, otherwise Silva is not fit for purpose.

One has to disagree old chap. Motivation comes from within, a manager might provide some support but if Anguissa can't motivate himself that is most certainly his problem. One would hasten to suggest.

Motivation definitely comes from inside, but only a fool has unrelenting confidence in their ability, especially in such a volatile and mental sport like football (all are but the criticism is far greater in football and much more intense). Sometimes that dips, especially if your Motivation and ambitions are intense and your reality doesn't marry up. That's part if management, the best managers have that sensitivity to know how to relate to players, make them feel valued and then enable them to play to their uninhibited best. Motivators. There'll be things that motivate Anguissa its just a question of what and how to unwrap them.

perry geyton

OR that he's been unwrapped and that's about as good as he's gonna get

Nick Bateman

Quite to the point General. One failed to see Mitrovic motivated last weekend also which indicates to me that Silva is either not paying attention to his squad, too busy posing as a character from Scarface, or not observant watching pitch-side. To allow West Brom's anthropomorphic brigands to out-muscle a couple of ill-equipped youth debutees in midfield was lamentable. The fact he made no changes until too late cost Fulham 2 points. One expects much higher standards than this mediocrity.

Silva needs to get his finger out, and pronto!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Max Headroom

I just wish they would hurry up and sell him so we can use the money in the transfer window. We all know he is going (especially if he doesn't play this weekend)

The end of the first premier league season he was awesome. Last season he started in the same vein but tailed off. I don't think he had the right mindset for a fight so I'm not sure he would set the championship alight.

Tonywa

Quote from: Max Headroom on August 12, 2021, 11:46:36 PM
I just wish they would hurry up and sell him so we can use the money in the transfer window. We all know he is going (especially if he doesn't play this weekend)

The end of the first premier league season he was awesome. Last season he started in the same vein but tailed off. I don't think he had the right mindset for a fight so I'm not sure he would set the championship alight.

I've posed the question before, but did he not have a bad dose of Covid round about the turn of the year which took him some to time to get over and after which he never recovered his early season form?

JoelH5

Quote from: Tonywa on August 13, 2021, 09:49:41 AM

I've posed the question before, but did he not have a bad dose of Covid round about the turn of the year which took him some to time to get over and after which he never recovered his early season form?

Yeah exactly that. Same as Lookman. This is what worries me with Muniz and the Covid reports
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Bill2

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 13, 2021, 02:02:50 PM
Quote from: Tonywa on August 13, 2021, 09:49:41 AM

Yeah exactly that. Same as Lookman. This is what worries me with Muniz and the Covid reports
Covid or not Frank has always been the same in my book, plays some really nice stuff then reverts to being useless and giving the ball away in some dangerous places. Then there is the fact of his goal tally, which you can count across 2 seasons on all the fingers on my left foot. He was never the player I hoped he would be certainly in the Premiership and although he doesn't think so maybe more best suited to the Champioship.

perry geyton

It's true Bill2
A good season in the championship could of been the best thing for him as a player, confidence wise especially

perry geyton

Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 12, 2021, 11:19:33 PM
Quite to the point General. One failed to see Mitrovic motivated last weekend also which indicates to me that Silva is either not paying attention to his squad, too busy posing as a character from Scarface, or not observant watching pitch-side. To allow West Brom's anthropomorphic brigands to out-muscle a couple of ill-equipped youth debutees in midfield was lamentable. The fact he made no changes until too late cost Fulham 2 points. One expects much higher standards than this mediocrity.

Scarface πŸ€”Β 
Having a pop at Silva already for playing youth ? Personally I'm happy he's got the balls too

ken 44

Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 12, 2021, 11:19:33 PM

ken 44

FFC appointed our Manager and as the huddersfield result shows he does have ability
and perhaps your opinion is incorrect not that someone as opinionated as yourself would
ever admit that.

AnOldBrownie

Made his league debut for Napoli today.Β  Vs. Juventus.

Played in Seri's role.

Napoli won 2-1 off a stupid own goal header.Β  Β Frank played the full 90 minutes.Β  Performed 3 backheals... (to be fair...didn't lead to scores)

Solid Anguissa game...only a 6 out of 10 imo.

Hope he plays well for Napoli this season so they purchase him for a fair price.Β  Β We can then use those funds to help bring in two players next season.

love4ffc

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 12, 2021, 08:51:04 PM
Hope he plays well for Napoli this season so they purchase him for a fair price.Β  Β We can then use those funds to help bring in two players next season.

This for me 100%Β 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.Β  How will you standout when it counts?

perry geyton

By far one of the most overrated lumps I've witnessed in a Fulham shirt

Sammyffc

Quote from: perry geyton on September 12, 2021, 09:51:58 PM
By far one of the most overrated lumps I've witnessed in a Fulham shirt

by far you are one of the most annoying, full of s posters on this forum recently

blingo

Piri, you have an admirer hahahaha

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2021, 07:17:40 AM
Piri, you have an admirer hahahaha
That almost hurt my feelings Bongo I gotta admit