watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro,,enough..

Started by ex-Pat, August 10, 2021, 02:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

And so another OP cannot see anything worthwhile about a particular player (insert name here) and thus assumes there is nothing worthwhile about the player ... and this is supposed to be one of the better football forums.   IGU. 

rebel

Quote from: Milo on August 10, 2021, 10:07:42 PM
Completely disagree with OP.

He was barely played last season but then played regularly for Serbia and scored 5 times.

He's played once this season and we write him off..?

He's reaching his peak age, he's hit a bit of a rough patch as all strikers do.. but will suddenly hit form and will probably get us promoted this season with another 20-25 goals.

We pretty much had amazing form, in fact the second best form in the Premiership behind Man City, before the International Break we played Leeds, we lost (they out played us because of their high tempo game). International break Mitro scores 5 goals, body language totally different. Looks very mobile, running all over the pitch.

Mitro back in the first 11 after International Break, scores a lucky goal, then it was much of the same from Mitro. That's where it all fell apart for Parker, he should of kept with what was working.

Mitro is a different player at International level.

blingo

Quote from: rebel on August 11, 2021, 08:21:12 AM

He was barely played last season but then played regularly for Serbia and scored 5 times.

He's reaching his peak age, he's hit a bit of a rough patch as all strikers do.. but will suddenly hit form and will probably get us promoted this season with another 20-25 goals.

We pretty much had amazing form, in fact the second best form in the Premiership behind Man City, before the International Break we played Leeds, we lost (they out played us because of their high tempo game). International break Mitro scores 5 goals, body language totally different. Looks very mobile, running all over the pitch.

Mitro back in the first 11 after International Break, scores a lucky goal, then it was much of the same from Mitro. That's where it all fell apart for Parker, he should of kept with what was working.

we lost

You have to blame Parker and his system for that not Mitro. The simple truth was nothing was working with Parker was it? Otherwise we would not have been relegated, because the team WAS good enough to stay up.

rebel

Quote from: blingo on August 11, 2021, 08:35:57 AM
Quote from: rebel on August 11, 2021, 08:21:12 AM

we lost

You have to blame Parker and his system for that not Mitro. The simple truth was nothing was working with Parker was it? Otherwise we would not have been relegated, because the team WAS good enough to stay up.

I'm blaming Parker, he shouldn't have reintroduced Mitro to the squad after he scored 5 goals. Mitro had been poor when he had been playing. All the talk about service etc is nonsense. Opportunities he got when he played he should of put away.

blingo

Quote from: ex-Pat on August 10, 2021, 02:29:09 PM
Just watched 90 minute replay, he offers absolutely nothing and there is no chance to get him sold on nobody wants him,shame he got us promoted two seasons ago.

What are your thoughts now?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I thought he held up play and had some good lay off's
Plus he seemed to bust his gut to get his goal, even if there was some luck in it.
Fairly good game I think
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

General

Just watched 90 minute replay, he offers absolutely nothing and there is no chance to get him sold on nobody wants him,shame he got us promoted two seasons ago.

Your name Ex Pat seems particularly fitting after the Huddersfield game as the man you criticised for one poor game after a season of being kept out by a bad manager saw him come and score a goal and set one up.

Expect quite a few more goals from him this season in this team.

ex-Pat

Quote from: General on August 16, 2021, 03:13:02 PM

Your name Ex Pat seems particularly fitting after the Huddersfield game as the man you criticised for one poor game after a season of being kept out by a bad manager saw him come and score a goal and set one up.

Mate I am an ex pat, you are no General trust me with your dopey comment I hope I am wrong about Mitro, that goal he didn't know he scored really doesn't raise expectations from me but glad you are so happy with he's performance.

General

Quote from: ex-Pat on August 16, 2021, 05:50:29 PM

Mate I am an ex pat, you are no General trust me with your dopey comment I hope I am wrong about Mitro, that goal he didn't know he scored really doesn't raise expectations from me but glad you are so happy with he's performance.

Well that was worth you writing and me reading. 🙄

grandad

Mitro will improve when he has some real competition when Muniz is available.
Where there's a will there's a wife

H3Matt

This aged like spoilt milk. Night and day for both games. Thought he was exceptional against Huddersfield. Give him a chance, jeez. We're 2 games in.

ex-Pat

Quote from: General on August 16, 2021, 05:54:46 PM

Stop it your'e embarrassing yourself.

General

Quote from: ex-Pat on August 16, 2021, 06:06:30 PM
Quote from: General on August 16, 2021, 05:54:46 PM

Stop it your'e embarrassing yourself.

Haha. Ex Pat where?

davew

Quote from: H3Matt on August 16, 2021, 06:00:50 PM
This aged like spoilt milk. Night and day for both games. Thought he was exceptional against Huddersfield. Give him a chance, jeez. We're 2 games in.
Give him a chance yes of course, but he was exceptional, really???  I must watch the 90 minute replay again as obviously I have not seen or appreciated his performance. There were some exceptional/very good performances but Mitro was not really 1 of them. I hope he plays a lot better tomorrow night!! 
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

I completely disagree with the OP, he has no idea whether other managers want to sign Mitro, so that is unfounded speculation and pretty unlikely in my view.  As to Mitro's ability, well as others have pointed out, the last time we were in this division he scored a hatfull and there is no reason why he can't do that again. In the Prem under Parker he got very limited game time, for some inexplicable reason our manager persisted with the failed Cav as a striker plan. For that reason it is hard to criticise his efforts for FFC last season, but it's hard to ignore his international form which suggests to me that quality is permanent.

General

Quote from: davew on August 16, 2021, 06:14:36 PM
Quote from: H3Matt on August 16, 2021, 06:00:50 PM
Give him a chance yes of course, but he was exceptional, really???  I must watch the 90 minute replay again as obviously I have not seen or appreciated his performance. There were some exceptional/very good performances but Mitro was not really 1 of them. I hope he plays a lot better tomorrow night!! 

Bit harsh, on any other day scoring one and assisting another (he still had to put pressure and force the opportunity for the goal) would've been deemed a pretty good individual performance. Just so happened that Cav scored two and BDR assisted three.

Arthur

Quote from: General on August 16, 2021, 06:17:56 PM
Quote from: davew on August 16, 2021, 06:14:36 PM

Bit harsh, on any other day scoring one and assisting another (he still had to put pressure and force the opportunity for the goal) would've been deemed a pretty good individual performance. Just so happened that Cav scored two and BDR assisted three.

I didn't think Mitrovic's was an exceptional performance. Nor do I see how such an opinion can be deemed 'harsh' when you, yourself, have downgraded it to 'pretty good'. Indeed, I think it's an indication of the decline in Mitrovic's contribution over the past year-or-so that you consider something as unexceptional as chasing down a dodgy back pass as being worthy of mention. But I hope we can agree his performance was a step in the right direction and look to a further improvement tomorrow night.

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on August 16, 2021, 10:15:13 PM
[I think it's an indication of the decline in Mitrovic's contribution over the past year-or-so that you consider something as unexceptional as chasing down a dodgy back pass as being worthy of mention.

What he mentioned is that Mitrovic scored one goal and made another. The conversation should end there. If he does that every week and finishes the season with 45 goals and 45 assists, i assume most will regard that as a bloody good season. Although with some of the posters on this thread, you never know.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on August 17, 2021, 12:11:12 AM
[I think it's an indication of the decline in Mitrovic's contribution over the past year-or-so that you consider something as unexceptional as chasing down a dodgy back pass as being worthy of mention.

What he mentioned is that Mitrovic scored one goal and made another. The conversation should end there. If he does that every week and finishes the season with 45 goals and 45 assists, i assume most will regard that as a bloody good season. Although with some of the posters on this thread, you never know.

For arguments like this where opinions differ, statistics are very useful.

According to whoscored statistics, Mitrovic has fallen from the "best centre forward in the championship" in 17/18 to the "fourth best centre forward in the championship" so far but he might improve. Mitrovic is not good enough to be the best player in "HMAS Piss the League", but he is good enough to be an average player in a Championship winning team.

Arthur

Quote from: Statto on August 17, 2021, 12:11:12 AM

You are posting to the wrong person.

If you feel the mention of Mitrovic's goal and assist was all that needed to be said, you ought to be telling General, for it is he who then referred to Mitrovic chasing down the back pass. For the conversation to go no further than Mitrovic's match statistics, it behoves General to withhold the comment he put in parentheses.

When the season ends and Mitrovic has his 45 goals and 45 assists, come back to me.