watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How is Rodak not in goal ?

Started by perry geyton, August 17, 2021, 09:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steed the legend

Rodak is clearly our best overall Keeper at the club. He has a skill set from distribution to shot stopping and dealing with high crosses which  provides confidence to the back line.
I am pretty certain once he is given his chance he will keep the jersey.

cookieg

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 17, 2021, 09:45:14 PM
He's been watching too many videos of Don Areola punching the ball like a boss and wanted to have a go. I think Rodak will be in as soon as Gazza drops a clanger that leads to a goal because even though Rodak is better and deserves to be starting, no manager is going to chop their keeper so soon into the season as it sends a bad message.
[/quote
Quote from: Deeping_white on August 17, 2021, 09:45:14 PM
He's been watching too many videos of Don Areola punching the ball like a boss and wanted to have a go. I think Rodak will be in as soon as Gazza drops a clanger that leads to a goal because even though Rodak is better and deserves to be starting, no manager is going to chop their keeper so soon into the season as it sends a bad message.

And when Rodak drops a clanger he gets dropped as well does he? If we want a solid defence who can work together we pick a back 5 and play it week in week out. Dropping keepers on a whim doesn't do anyone's confidence any good as Rodak will know that as soon as cocks up he's out of the team.

junior white

Based on those 3 performances he is no better than Rodak thats for sure, however the easy answer is that Silva prefers PG for now. So fr 7 points form 3 games isnt too bad so happy to stick with who he selects

Facts Not Fiction

I'm not convinced at all about Gazzaniga, but to be fair to him, he's had basically nothing to do for 4 games. The goals scored haven't really been his fault, but he isn't inspiring any confident IMO.

Bassey the warrior

Rodak will get his chance to impress in the cup. I hope he does because I agree he's the better keeper, though we're spoilt for choice in that position.

rebel

Millwall's goal was lucky. almost point black.

Tooting legend

Gazza is a quality signing.....far more experienced then Rodak Gazza should be number 1 in my view.

Whitestone

Quote from: Tooting legend on August 18, 2021, 09:20:38 AM
Gazza is a quality signing.....far more experienced then Rodak Gazza should be number 1 in my view.

Gazzaniga has 74 senior appearances and is 29 years old

Rodak has 157 senior appearances and is 24 years old

I think it's a bit early to start calling for Rodak but I understand the concerns of others based on what I've witnessed so far.

clarkey

We should 100% have Rodak in goal. The chief priority is commanding the box. Rodak is far better on crosses, and he is OUR keeper, Fulham produced. So let's keep him, there is no area Gazza is clearly better in.

bobby01

Maybe just maybe, rodaks finger injury is still not fully healed.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

JimOG

Quote from: clarkey on August 18, 2021, 09:50:13 AM
We should 100% have Rodak in goal. The chief priority is commanding the box. Rodak is far better on crosses, and he is OUR keeper, Fulham produced. So let's keep him, there is no area Gazza is clearly better in.

I have great time for Rodak but whilst this thread questions aspects of Gazza's goalkeeping no one has yet pointed out that Rodak's footballing skills are poor. I think that was SP's thinking bringing in Areola and MS choosing Gazza. It's the modern style of an Allison etc to distribute from the back

Twig

Quote from: JimOG on August 18, 2021, 10:07:48 AM

I have great time for Rodak but whilst this thread questions aspects of Gazza's goalkeeping no one has yet pointed out that Rodak's footballing skills are poor. I think that was SP's thinking bringing in Areola and MS choosing Gazza. It's the modern style of an Allison etc to distribute from the back

But Gazza's footballing skills were unimpressive, his distribution was very average and he showed little creativity in his choice of where and who to pass out to.  I am happy to see him given a bit of a run but right now I cannot see a single area where he is better.

rebel

Areola wasn't an instant success, it took him time to settle in, granted the defence was poor.

cookieg

Quote from: Willham on August 17, 2021, 11:58:32 PM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 17, 2021, 09:48:30 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 17, 2021, 09:47:21 PM
Give him some time. He's barely had anything to do, and I don't think he could have done anything about any of the goals we've conceded.

Very fair point - The goals conceded have been one-offs and completely against the run of play, not much he could do with them.

Disagree, as a goalkeeper myself, gazziniga was wrongly positioned for the middlesborough goal , half a step left was needed, and if so had have been stood where the ball traveled, instead he concentrated on covering the near post and got caught out.

And if he'd been beaten at the near post people would be saying how a goalkeeper should never beaten at his near post. The ball went through Tosin's legs so he may have been unsighted. Surely as a goalkeeper you can appreciate that.

Milo

Quote from: Twig on August 18, 2021, 10:41:32 AM
Quote from: JimOG on August 18, 2021, 10:07:48 AM

But Gazza's footballing skills were unimpressive, his distribution was very average and he showed little creativity in his choice of where and who to pass out to.  I am happy to see him given a bit of a run but right now I cannot see a single area where he is better.

Understand that up to a point but the outfield players are creating a lot themselves currently.

We just need that one shot on target that comes in to be saved by a safe, solid goalkeeper. I don't have faith in Gazza to be in the right place at the right time regardless of how quiet the game has been for him. He doesn't appear to have good positioning, he is also quite an anxious goalkeeper off the ball.

keithh

We were playing so high up the pitch on occasions Gazz must have wondered where we were as I believe he's shortsighted.

Somerset Fulham

Think he has very recently become a father too. Maybe some think that shouldn't affect a performance, but maybe it has.

NJFulham

He won't be dropped unless he gets injured. He will probably be the worst player on the pitch a lot of weeks but they'll be getting results.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

WindyCity

I agree that Rodak should be given a chance.  As someone pointed out, 5 shots on target over 3 games, and 3 goals allowed.  Some point out that the three he conceded were very difficult chances, but I disagree a bit, the goal v Boro allowed I thought could have been played much better.  And the goal v Millwall, though more a deflection than an actual shot, caught him flat footed and not anticipating well, but agreed, a tough chance.  Some also point out he hasn't had much to do back there, but those times he has had to make a play, he has not looked good, especially on those punch out attempts, and has generally looked unsure of himself.

All that said, sure, we haven't lost a game yet.  BUT, good teams try to improve themselves all the time.  I think maybe being a bit proactive in this case is the right course.  Rodak for me.

colinwhite

no.one has seen rodak play for quite a while and still people think they know better than Silva !  Laughable.