watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gazzaniga

Started by Denver Fulham, September 11, 2021, 05:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.F.Sorrow

Gazzaniga can't be blamed for Robinson's poor defending. He also saved us when Ream once again showed how vulnerable (and unbelievably stupid!) he is under pressure. Many goalkeepers would have conceded a goal or a penalty in that situation. It could easily have been a red card but Gazzaniga showed some real class there, perfect timing!

Don't get me wrong, I still think Rodak is (probably) our best GK and deserves a chance but Silva seems to have made up his mind.

colinwhite

Gazzinga and Rodak are of fairly equal merit it seems to me aoart from one area . The former is much better with his feet. He may also be a personality in the team . What do we know ?

JimOG

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 14, 2021, 07:05:50 AM
Gazzaniga can't be blamed for Robinson's poor defending. He also saved us when Ream once again showed how vulnerable (and unbelievably stupid!) he is under pressure. Many goalkeepers would have conceded a goal or a penalty in that situation. It could easily have been a red card but Gazzaniga showed some real class there, perfect timing!

Don't get me wrong, I still think Rodak is (probably) our best GK and deserves a chance but Silva seems to have made up his mind.

Well said - that tackle after Ream's complacency had lost the ball - was excellent. I share most of the views on Gazza - same height as Mark Shwartzer but has none of his aerial ability. Rodak's a fine keeper whose lack of footballing skills are exposed when teams press  -

ALG01

Gazza cannot be blamed for poor defending but his positioning at the near post was poor for their goal, he should have been able to do better.

WindyCity

Quote from: ALG01 on September 14, 2021, 12:49:46 PM
Gazza cannot be blamed for poor defending but his positioning at the near post was poor for their goal, he should have been able to do better.

Just got chance to see replay of that goal.  True, Robinson got his jockstrap handed to him.  BUT, I'm sorry, our GK should have done much better, and that goal should not have been scored.  Soft goal in my view.  Yes, poor defense.  But also yes, poor goalkeeping.

cookieg

Here's a quote from someone who knows a thing about goalkeeping. Apparently his old man wasn't too bad either.

"It's a myth. Something I have never understood. One day someone just came up with it and said a goalkeeper should never be beaten at their near post.

Anyone who has played in goal knows it's a huge area and you try to cover the whole goal. You can't try and cover the whole goal and the guarantee the ball won't go in at the near post if it's a great shot. Near post, far post, you try to cover it all and you're not happy if it goes in anywhere."
Kasper Schmeichel

Nero

Quote from: cookieg on September 14, 2021, 06:35:14 PM
Here's a quote from someone who knows a thing about goalkeeping. Apparently his old man wasn't too bad either.

"It's a myth. Something I have never understood. One day someone just came up with it and said a goalkeeper should never be beaten at their near post.

Anyone who has played in goal knows it's a huge area and you try to cover the whole goal. You can't try and cover the whole goal and the guarantee the ball won't go in at the near post if it's a great shot. Near post, far post, you try to cover it all and you're not happy if it goes in anywhere."
Kasper Schmeichel

Was it a great shot, hardly think so

Denver Fulham

He's made three mistakes tonight in the first seven minutes.

fulhamtom

From what I've seen he appears to be a liability. No confidence with the ball. Of course he makes a good save as I type!

Hatch007

Makes a mockery of those on here saying he's better than Rodak with the ball at his feet. My heart is in my mouth everytime he plays it on the ground

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 15, 2021, 07:55:59 PM
He's made three mistakes tonight in the first seven minutes.

A nice save from the header after somehow BDR wasn't given a whistle. But then another massive error that nearly gifted them a goal. We've been very fortunate his mistakes this season haven't cost us more than they have.

Fulham76

A lot of clubs seem to underestimate the importance of a decent keeper. Probably equivalent to a 15 goal a season striker if you get a decent one.

Unfortunately, Gazzaniga isn't that decent, in my opinion.

MartyFFC

Looks like a cat on a hot tin roof tonight. Rodak must be scratching his head that's for sure

Denver Fulham

Couple good saves in the second half while I'm slating him for earlier transgressions.

love4ffc

He has had a some good saves in the second half but he still looks too shaky for me. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

F(f)CUK

He has looked really good tonight. I feel huge sympathy for Rodak but don't understand the continuous digs.

Nick Bateman

I think Gazzanigga proved tonight why he is number 1 and Rodak, firmly, number 2. Excellent performance from Gazza!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Bassey the warrior

He was brilliant tonight, so many good saves and his kicking was excellent too. Shows what we know eh.

MartyFFC

For each great save there was a mistake that (thankfully) went unpunished. Enigmatic

Jim©

Thought he was excellent tonight, 2 very good saves, 3 or 4 decent ones. Perhaps it'll stop some of the scapegoaters?