watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gazzaniga

Started by Denver Fulham, September 11, 2021, 05:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

I'd like to see Rodak get a chance. The goal today was poor, he had a dreadful clearance that created danger, and he's just making too many small mistakes for me. It finally hurt us today.

cookieg

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 11, 2021, 05:42:50 PM
I'd like to see Rodak get a chance. The goal today was poor, he had a dreadful clearance that created danger, and he's just making too many small mistakes for me. It finally hurt us today.

How about going through the whole team and highlight all the small mistakes the other 10 made rather than scapegoat Gazza.

Somerset Fulham

I can't for the life of me see how he was at fault?  Those in front of him were more to blame (if we really have to blame people), weren't they?

junior white

Is he the new scapegoat possibly

Denver Fulham

Quote from: cookieg on September 11, 2021, 05:48:18 PM

How about going through the whole team and highlight all the small mistakes the other 10 made rather than scapegoat Gazza.

This isn't just about today. Every match, he's making errors. We just paid for them today.

And in a broader sense, what the club has done to Marek is pretty gross. I had no issues bringing in Areola last season, but to ice him for a second straight year for a guy who hasn't been very convincing so far isn't right. He was excellent in getting us promoted two seasons ago and has rotted since.

LC

It was a poor goal to concede as a team.

But no body on here can say that Rodak wouldn't have saved that, it was a very poor goal to concede at the near post.

South Coast White

The only people to blame for the goal are the 2 pathetic defenders the scorer just simply brushed aside without any attempt to challenge.

FFC1987

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 11, 2021, 05:59:27 PM
Quote from: cookieg on September 11, 2021, 05:48:18 PM

This isn't just about today. Every match, he's making errors. We just paid for them today.

And in a broader sense, what the club has done to Marek is pretty gross. I had no issues bringing in Areola last season, but to ice him for a second straight year for a guy who hasn't been very convincing so far isn't right. He was excellent in getting us promoted two seasons ago and has rotted since.

I like Rodak. But we don't see him training. A consistent theme from managers recently is, they don't see him as the no.1 GK and there must be a reason for it. I watched the goal and not really sure how you can blame that on him. Seems like straws and clutching to make a case for Rodak. He's certainly not been perfect, but we are +9 GD so he must be doing things right. Hes not the reason we lost points today. Far from it.

Nero

Skatzoffc

Good stop one on one earlier in the game.

But the goal looked suspect.
Defending was indeed dreadful tho
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

FFC1987

More annoyed at the defence/midfield than GK to be honest. Thats not on him.

LC

Interesting that the sky commentators mentioned it was poor goalkeeping.

No one is disputing that the defence was poor, but honestly it was something that simply should have been saved- period.

He constantly drops balls and never looks confident in between the sticks- he's good with his feet and that's it. Think it's hard for anyone to really disagree with that.

The Old Count

Quote from: LC on September 11, 2021, 07:16:42 PM

No one is disputing that the defence was poor, but honestly it was something that simply should have been saved- period.

He constantly drops balls and never looks confident in between the sticks- he's good with his feet and that's it. Think it's hard for anyone to really disagree with that.
The manager clearly disagrees with that.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

I've not been convinced by Gazzaniga yet. Thought he should have done better with the shot, but how Bowler was allowed to get into that position is beyond me.

cookieg

Commentators always say it's poor goalkeeping. The vast majority of them have never played top level football let alone played in goal.

Southcoastffc

And the instance when he made a great save after Ream messed up big time? Should that be ignored?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

cookieg

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 11, 2021, 08:19:19 PM
And the instance when he made a great save after Ream messed up big time? Should that be ignored?

Clearly it has been!

LC

Quote from: The Old Count on September 11, 2021, 07:26:22 PM

The manager clearly disagrees with that.

Clearly. Goalkeepers have been some what of a debate for some years. I don't think Gazz is the answer long term, but that's me, he doesn't fill me with any confidence- saying that, I don't see any team in the league getting the best of us once all our players are fit. 

Dunstable Fulham

The manager is picking him above Rodak because he is better with his feet and general distribution and the benefits of this outweigh the downsides in other areas. If that assessment changes he will be dropped and Rodak will be picked ahead of him - that's my very simple assessment of what I have seen so far.