more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Please please please

Started by Fernhurst, November 29, 2021, 09:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: 70sPimlico on November 29, 2021, 03:45:07 PM

Booing is a weird thing for a human to do and should be left at the Panto.
Oh no it shouldn't...

😉

Gezza

Quote from: perry geyton on November 29, 2021, 06:19:37 PM
Quote from: irishfulham on November 29, 2021, 09:50:39 AM
I also don't think he should be booed. he served the club well being captain on the pitch in his later playing days and always gave his all. He took managerial role in a poor relegated position and brought some life back to the club. He got us promoted first time of asking and albeit got us relegated gave us some good times.

Football fans are fickle and don't remember this and no doubt will give him a hard time.

Completely disagree on this
He was a bit part player that showed up once in a while, went down with us and milked us for the rest of his contract, lurked around Slav and eventually nicked his job
Never liked him, never will

" lurked around Slav and eventually nicked his job"     You mean he was given the job at the end of the season after Slav and Ranieri had got us relegated !

Ruislip White

Quote from: joshfulham on November 29, 2021, 12:49:50 PM
Scott Parker:
Got us relegated from the Premier League twice.
Got promoted by the skin of his teeth via a fluke free kick with arguably the best squad in the league.
Almost forced our star player out the door.
Fleeced us for every penny he possibly could before effing off to Bournemouth for more money.

I have no time for the guy at all and fully intend on booing him on his return. I also sincerely hope Mitro scores and celebrates in front of him.
Agree with the general sentiment.  The free kick though was no fluke and arguably his finest moment as Fulham manager as he was directly involved in plan/strategy to try it.  As much as he was poor manager with dull style of play, I can't take the free kick away from him.

Willham

I'd sing!

We scored more then one, we scored more than ooonnnneeee, scotty parker, we scored more than one.

As long as we get 2 goals

Willham

Or when mitro scores, same tune but.
Mitrovic the best, mitrooooosss the beeeesssttt, scotty parker, mitro the best

Fulham 442

Quote from: Willham on November 29, 2021, 08:03:32 PM
I'd sing!

We scored more then one, we scored more than ooonnnneeee, scotty parker, we scored more than one.

As long as we get 2 goals
Excellent!!

perry geyton

Quote from: Gezza on November 29, 2021, 07:29:23 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on November 29, 2021, 06:19:37 PM
Quote from: irishfulham on November 29, 2021, 09:50:39 AM
I also don't think he should be booed. he served the club well being captain on the pitch in his later playing days and always gave his all. He took managerial role in a poor relegated position and brought some life back to the club. He got us promoted first time of asking and albeit got us relegated gave us some good times.

Football fans are fickle and don't remember this and no doubt will give him a hard time.

Completely disagree on this
He was a bit part player that showed up once in a while, went down with us and milked us for the rest of his contract, lurked around Slav and eventually nicked his job
Never liked him, never will

" lurked around Slav and eventually nicked his job"     You mean he was given the job at the end of the season after Slav and Ranieri had got us relegated !

Hatch007

Imagine if we could coordinate the home crowd on all three sides of the ground to stand as Parker walks across the hallowed turf pre-match and all simultaneously turn their backs on him in silence. That would be a far classier protest than booing.

I don't agree that he was a bit-part player for us. In a recent episode of the EFL Podcast TC name Parker as THE best player he's ever played alongside.

I didn't enjoy his turgid football but he still got us promoted. I just resent that he orchestrated his departure from January of this year but instead of resigning tried to extort a payoff from the club.

From what friends at the club tell me the staff are more likely to boo him Friday night. He was not a popular figure around Motspur Park by the time he left which is a pity. I met him a few times home and away after matches and he always had time for us and a few words for my kids. Back when he was still a player for us I asked him directly if it were true that he paid the £20k fine Magath handed out to 2 academy players which he confirmed. Now that was a touch of class.

kiwian

Quote from: joshfulham on November 29, 2021, 12:49:50 PM
Scott Parker:
Got us relegated from the Premier League twice.
Got promoted by the skin of his teeth via a fluke free kick with arguably the best squad in the league.
Almost forced our star player out the door.
Fleeced us for every penny he possibly could before effing off to Bournemouth for more money.

I have no time for the guy at all and fully intend on booing him on his return. I also sincerely hope Mitro scores and celebrates in front of him.
Fluke free kick? One of the best I've ever seen imo.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

MartyFFC

I anticipate a polite ripple of applause from the Putney and JH; and a few boos from the back of the hammy end. I'm actually at the front of H6, and am planning on maintaining a stoic silence when Parker walks out

jarv

Polite applause should happen. He wasn't one of Fulham's one season disasters, he made a decent contribution to the cause for a few seasons in a variety of roles.

brightster

Definitely won't be booing, but will not acknowledge him at all, don't forget he wanted out last summer, am sure if we lost to Brentford he would have have left for Bournemouth, think he tried again in January, but was told no, that's why Bournemouth got Woody in on a short contract at the last minute.
He ruined out them ethic last season, upsetting a lot of the players and staff by the sounds of it!
As far as I am concerned we played really well in about half a dozen of his games under his tenure and that's it, didn't want to be here so sod him!

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: jarv on November 30, 2021, 01:41:12 PM
Polite applause should happen. He wasn't one of Fulham's one season disasters, he made a decent contribution to the cause for a few seasons in a variety of roles.

I won't be booing but I certainly will not applaud him. Think that's going too far.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Holders

To me it's simple: those who might boo Parker are demonstrating discontent at his leaving us for Bournemouth whereas most of us are more than happy that we now have Silva instead.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham 442

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on November 30, 2021, 02:25:47 PM
Quote from: jarv on November 30, 2021, 01:41:12 PM

I won't be booing but I certainly will not applaud him. Think that's going too far.
I agree. Polite applause? What for?

The Cravenette

Quote from: Fulham 442 on November 29, 2021, 01:08:09 PM
Quote from: Luka on November 29, 2021, 12:43:46 PM

I hated watching Parker ball and I blame him personally for ruining my enjoyment of watching us play for the best part of two seasons.
I will sing our new song aimed directly at him with great pleasure on Friday.
What is the new song Luka?
It basically tells SP to go away and celebrates us having Marco Silva, who is a genius. I'm not a fan of the bit abut SP but it is catchy and think it will be sung most of the match on Friday!

perry geyton

Never BOO anyone it always comes back and bites you in the arse

Simply ignore them, give them zero attention, that's the best way to get to him, don't give him the time of day

Then beat them of coarse

Ruislip Ray

Quote from: Luka on November 29, 2021, 12:43:46 PM

I hated watching Parker ball and I blame him personally for ruining my enjoyment of watching us play for the best part of two seasons.
I will sing our new song aimed directly at him with great pleasure on Friday.
[/quot
So will i !

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: perry geyton on November 30, 2021, 05:01:01 PM
Never BOO anyone it always comes back and bites you in the arse

Simply ignore them, give them zero attention, that's the best way to get to him, don't give him the time of day

Then beat them of coarse

That's the grown up mature way of dealing with it, anything else is infantile and detracts what actually should be an intriguing match and on SKY, and on paper should be a classic, but hopefully will see the best of Fulham on the pitch which should be shear class unlike the classless suggestions off the pitch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Interesting to see how the Bournmouth fans react, If they get a goal or two I guess they could make us smart with chants for Parker.
Is he popular at Bournmouth