https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Please please please

Started by Fernhurst, November 29, 2021, 09:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Don't boo Parker on Friday       

We are much too classy for that.  :dft003:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

irishfulham

I also don't think he should be booed. he served the club well being captain on the pitch in his later playing days and always gave his all. He took managerial role in a poor relegated position and brought some life back to the club. He got us promoted first time of asking and albeit got us relegated gave us some good times.

Football fans are fickle and don't remember this and no doubt will give him a hard time.

SuffolkWhite

:plus one:
No point booing, also would it add an incentive to them.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HV71

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 29, 2021, 09:45:16 AM
Don't boo Parker on Friday :dft003:q.

We are much too classy for that.

Beau Boscombe is back in town - and Fernhurst is spot on when he says that we must not boo him. We must demonstrate our class and style ( something he failed to demonstrate either on the pitch or in the manner of his departure ). I will turn my back - as he did to this great club.

The real Beau ( Brummell) was right when he declared -

" Fashions come and go - bad taste is timeless " a very apt description of one Scott Parker

KJS

I won't boo him but I also won't acknowledge him

Fulham 442

Quote from: KJS on November 29, 2021, 10:22:41 AM
I won't boo him but I also won't acknowledge him
This is what I would do if I were attending the game.  I certainly think it is the best policy.  I can't for the life of me think that the Fulham fans will greet him like the Leicester fans greeted Ranieri yesterday!!  For him to be ignored by us says it all imo...

filham

As a manager Parker didn't do a bad job and he served us well as a player.
I am prepared to give him a polite round of applause on Friday, well short of a standing ovation though.

bobbo

Definitely not , what would be anyone's reason for booing .

But I can almost guarantee some will , I will feel embarrassed .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bog

Totally agree Fernhurst. Scott took us back up after a well organised display to beat the favourites Brentford in the play off final at Wembley.

092.gif 

H4usuallysitting

Can we sing "what's the score" when we go 4 up

Peabody

FulhamStu

Parker took Fulham for every penny he could get and we were foolish enough to give it to him but agree, don't boo him.

WhiteJC

I agree, the only reception he should get is a Mitro hat-trick

Holders

I agree that the best treatment of Parker is to ignore him as for any other team's manager but football is full of people without manners or judgement. There are those who jeer "taking the knee", boo other countries' national anthems and even some who have the bad taste to sing GSTQ!

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ChesterTheTabby

The most deafening response to his arrival is ignoring him, and as stated above, he shouldn't be booed.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Whitesideup

Quote from: filham on November 29, 2021, 11:15:47 AM
As a manager Parker didn't do a bad job and he served us well as a player.
I am prepared to give him a polite round of applause on Friday, well short of a standing ovation though.
That's about right by me too. Did his best for us before getting a better offer. I don't blame him .. but I am also happy we have Silva instead.

Luka

I hated watching Parker ball and I blame him personally for ruining my enjoyment of watching us play for the best part of two seasons.
I will sing our new song aimed directly at him with great pleasure on Friday.

joshfulham

Scott Parker:
Got us relegated from the Premier League twice.
Got promoted by the skin of his teeth via a fluke free kick with arguably the best squad in the league.
Almost forced our star player out the door.
Fleeced us for every penny he possibly could before effing off to Bournemouth for more money.

I have no time for the guy at all and fully intend on booing him on his return. I also sincerely hope Mitro scores and celebrates in front of him.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Luka on November 29, 2021, 12:43:46 PM

I hated watching Parker ball and I blame him personally for ruining my enjoyment of watching us play for the best part of two seasons.
I will sing our new song aimed directly at him with great pleasure on Friday.
What is the new song Luka?