watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, March 14, 2022, 07:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

A couple of problems, unlikely that Ream will play with that head injury and Kebano probably still out with a hamstring. Mawson or Hector in for Ream and Cav or BDR for Kebano I guess but both changes will weaken the team..

Rodak
                                                Willliams         Tosin               Mawson         Robinson

Reed                  Seri
                                                                                   Carvalho
                                                     Wilson                                                          BDR
                                                                                     Mitro

Subs Gazz., Muniz  , Cairney,  Hector,  Tete, Cavaleiiro

TC's Sporran

copies and pasted from another thread on here

Tom Cairney – WhoScored rating 7.2

Nottingham-born Cairney was the second-highest rated of Fulham's players – this despite him only playing half the game. Coming on at half-time, 31-year-old Cairney completed 31 passes (72%) accuracy as well as winning all four of his dribble attempts. His introduction allowed Fulham to turn the key in the second half.

silva might be tempted to start with tc ahead of seri?

filham

Cav. to stand in for Kebano is an interesting thought but he played so often last season and failed.
Just possible that he may have improved with Silva coaching, great if he played and put in a good performance.

We Are Premier League

Chalobah instead of Reed for some height given the ball hoofing opposition?

Mitro
Cavaleiro     Carvalho    Wilson
           Cairney   Chalobah
Robinson  Tosin Hector  Williams
                     Rodak

MikeTheCubed

In the event of Kebano's absence I'd like to see Williams given a go on the right wing, Tete at fullback, Wilson moved in to the middle, Carvalho moved out to the left.

LC

If Kebano isn't fit I would go with something a little different:

Rodak
  Williams Tosin Hector Robinson
       Cairney Reed Seri
         Wilson          Fabio
                 Mitrovic

4-3-3 with Reed sitting in front of the back 4, and Fabio on the left.

Deeping_white

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on March 14, 2022, 11:10:51 PM
In the event of Kebano's absence I'd like to see Williams given a go on the right wing, Tete at fullback, Wilson moved in to the middle, Carvalho moved out to the left.

Or play Williams on the left? Silva prefers inverted wingers and it means you're only moving one player into a new position rather than three. I'd imagine it'll be Cavaleiro at LW if nobody else because he's quicker than BDR, although Silva may persist with him at LW.

Jim©

I'd certainly go with Chalobah for his physicality over Seri.
I'd go Hector over Mawson personally if Ream isn't fit (and who'd want that lump Carroll battering you with a 2 inch gash on your forehead).

BDR deserves starts, but wouldn't be surprised to see Cav start.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 15, 2022, 10:39:28 AM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on March 14, 2022, 11:10:51 PM

Or play Williams on the left? Silva prefers inverted wingers and it means you're only moving one player into a new position rather than three. I'd imagine it'll be Cavaleiro at LW if nobody else because he's quicker than BDR, although Silva may persist with him at LW.

Yes - good idea to try Neco on the right wing, but I think Wilson better suited to the left wing than Carvalho (leave him in the middle). I do agree that Cavaleiro more likely to come in for BDR (who was disappointing last game).

On balance I would go with the following (under the premise of making suggested changes if the game is not going well):

Rodak

Williams
Tosin
Mawson
Robinson

Reed
Cairney
Carvalho

Wilson
Mitrovic
Cavaleiro

Subs:
Gazzaniga
Tete
Hector
Chalobah
Seri
Muniz

filham

Some interesting suggestions to re arrange formations in order to replace Kebano with Williams.
With ten games to go it is risky to re-arrange formations and tactics just to replace a wide left player. Leave well alone in all other areas and simply replace Kebano with BDR, Cav. or even Muniz or Bryan.

Facts Not Fiction

Rodak

Williams Tosin Ream (Hector if out) Robinson

Reed Cairney

Wilson BDR Kebano (Cav if out)

Mitro

Gazza, Tete, Mawson, Chalobah, Seri, Carvalho, Muniz

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on March 15, 2022, 01:28:19 PM
Rodak

Williams Tosin Ream (Hector if out) Robinson

Reed Cairney

Wilson BDR Kebano (Cav if out)

Mitro

Gazza, Tete, Mawson, Chalobah, Seri, Carvalho, Muniz

This would be mine too. People have said Mawson at cb but he's been nowhere near the starting XI or matchday squads for some time. Seri needs a rest too. If we get out muscled in the midfield first half I'd bring Chalobah on.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

clarkey

If Silva picks Cavaleiro we might as well pack up and go home. He was useless so often last season we need to get rid asap. Seriously we do not need him.Rather have ten than have him in the side.

fulhamfan

Quote from: clarkey on March 15, 2022, 03:07:09 PM
If Silva picks Cavaleiro we might as well pack up and go home. He was useless so often last season we need to get rid asap. Seriously we do not need him.Rather have ten than have him in the side.
last season was last season. hes looked fresh last few games when hes come on and will give us a bit of strength and power which we will need against West Brom

Lordedmundo

And yet - Cavaleiro got our equalizer at the Hawthorns last season - just a few mins after coming as a sub, following a pathetic second half performance from the team up to that point.

filham

See where you are coming from Clarkey and I never understood why Cav., was played time and again last season in spite of poor performances.
It is however just possibly that Silva has worked on him during training and he has improved. If Silva selects him then we must give him another chance.