watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

shambolic, dreadful performance

Started by jarv, April 15, 2022, 09:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Well despite fellows fans disagreeing with me last time I said this. But we need to change the way we play. We need to start with a different tactical  formation. Derby should have been dead and buried but were able to match us and know where the threat were. We had plenty of chances but looked very samey.

We will go up but frankly even if we make it as Champions this side will be back down next year.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Caedal

We're so reliant on Mitrovic. Not just his goals, but just his general link up play. Whenever he's been poor this season we've really struggled. The team just expects him to bail them out of poor performances.

Twig

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 15, 2022, 10:19:59 PM
Total meltdowns, its ridiculous.

Now go dry your eyes, I've better things to be doing on a Saturday night.

Aren't you getting a bit repetitious?

Twig

Quote from: Caedal on April 15, 2022, 10:25:15 PM
We're so reliant on Mitrovic. Not just his goals, but just his general link up play. Whenever he's been poor this season we've really struggled. The team just expects him to bail them out of poor performances.

I do agree that Mitro is almost too important to this squad. We tend to look to him not just for goals but lay offs, link up play and getting back to help out the defence.  Yes, he was relatively poor this evening but the big concern for me was that nobody stepped up. Absolutely nobody.

3 Cherries

These past few games - 3 losses 2 wins (against Boro we were very lucky) 1 draw - no fight or balls - will we again be a yoyo team?

Woolly Mammoth

We underperformed again, and our defence as a unit can look very wobbly under pressure, no leadership or strength in that back Division tonight. 
We allowed Derby to take the initiative, yes Derby a team full of youngsters making Fulham look like pussy cats. 
Derby man for man looked fitter than Fulham all over the pitch, why was that i ask myself  ?
We allowed the game to slip away in the second half and then lost that half 2 0.
We really do lack leadership and a large slice of mental strength at times.
Some players can play poorly and still retain their place.
Derby played with their hearts on their sleeves but unfortunately we could not match them enough to salvage even a point.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nero

DerbyAway TeamFulham
Possession
Home48%Away52%
Shots
Home6Away21
Shots on Target
Home4Away8
Corners
Home3Away8
Fouls
Home8Away11

yea they all want sacking. so poor more shots more possession more shots on target, bloody awful

FFC1987

Quote from: Nero on April 15, 2022, 10:32:13 PM
DerbyAway TeamFulham
Possession
Home48%Away52%
Shots
Home6Away21
Shots on Target
Home4Away8
Corners
Home3Away8
Fouls
Home8Away11

yea they all want sacking. so poor more shots more possession more shots on target, bloody awful

Did you watch the game? I love stats from a match, but you must be able to see, having watched it, we didn't do anything near enough to win this game?

3 Cherries

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 15, 2022, 10:36:02 PM
DerbyAway TeamFulham
Possession
Home48%Away52%
Shots
Home6Away21
Shots on Target
Home4Away8
Corners
Home3Away8
Fouls
Home8Away11

Did you watch the game? I love stats from a match, but you must be able to see, having watched it, we didn't do anything near enough to win this game?

+1 stats don't win games

FFC1987

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 15, 2022, 10:37:40 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on April 15, 2022, 10:36:02 PM
DerbyAway TeamFulham
Possession
Home48%Away52%
Shots
Home6Away21
Shots on Target
Home4Away8
Corners
Home3Away8
Fouls
Home8Away11

+1 stats don't win games

It feels like the old Parker days of pointing at stats after we lost 2.0. Blimey.

Blawarmy

DerbyAway TeamFulham
Possession
Home48%Away52%
Shots
Home6Away21
Shots on Target
Home4Away8
Corners
Home3Away8
Fouls
Home8Away11

The finishing is the only problem.  They go in we win 8.2. Problem is they're not going in.

Rodge

Another pathetic performance after Coventry, do they really think they can stroll to the finish line?
So many poor shows; Mitro, Wilson were below par, BDR was anonymous, Kebano no better, huge investment needed for next season assuming this bunch don't blow promotion, can we even beat Preston at home next week?

jarv

Lighthouse summed it up perfectly. WHEN we go up. The team is coming back down again. I think we need a keeper, a left back, a spine and a striker to support Mitro. That is 5 players of premier quality, Anyone got half a billion quid?

Nero

Quote from: Blawarmy on April 15, 2022, 10:39:53 PM
DerbyAway TeamFulham
Possession
Home48%Away52%
Shots
Home6Away21
Shots on Target
Home4Away8
Corners
Home3Away8
Fouls
Home8Away11

The finishing is the only problem.  They go in we win 8.2. Problem is they're not going in.

Exactly, just need a bit of luck, against Cov we hit the woodwork twice if they go in we would have won as the mix-up for the 3rd doesnt happen. People are overreacting expecting us to blow teams away by 3 - 5 goals a game. A
little presepctive is needed 

Woolly Mammoth

Not for the first time our build ups were too slow enabling Derby time to get back behind the ball.
Too much dwelling on the ball at the wrong time, and that is poor decision making.
Their youngsters were busy with genuine urgency, we looked laboured with a soft centre again.
In the absence of any other explanation i can only put that down to poor attitude and mediocre application.
I thought Fabio put some others to shame with his commitment and tenacity, some players need to have a good look at themselves, and Silva has to get them back on the training ground and give them a dam good thrashing. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Had some really good efforts in the closing stages- with their keeper making some  great saves, and heroic defending, and ref decisions going their way - but I thought we'd get a point.

FFC1987

Quote from: Nero on April 15, 2022, 10:43:23 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on April 15, 2022, 10:39:53 PM
DerbyAway TeamFulham
Possession
Home48%Away52%
Shots
Home6Away21
Shots on Target
Home4Away8
Corners
Home3Away8
Fouls
Home8Away11

Exactly, just need a bit of luck, against Cov we hit the woodwork twice if they go in we would have won as the mix-up for the 3rd doesnt happen. People are overreacting expecting us to blow teams away by 3 - 5 goals a game. A
little presepctive is needed

Whoa there. I predicted a 2.1 loss here. Didn't expect a performance like that though. I don't think Derby played well to be honest. We pretty much gifted them two goals and created very little. Mitrovic's 'chances' with headers were half chances at best and I just didn't see much to suggest we'd of deserved anything from the game. That's the annoyance for me. A group of largely youth players grafted a win and two goals having not really deserved it.

To summarise, it was a very boring game. One with poor below par performances across the board.

Kimbleman

We didn't quite get the rub of the green but why the hell at 1-0 up and in control did we play such a high pressing game? No need, just keep our defensive shape and defend (and pinch a goal on the break maybe). I'm not suggesting full on 'parker style' but we were away from home, one up and in control, no need to commit so many up in the offensive half. I didn't see the game quite as the statistics would have you believe.

Jonny4

Another pretty awful display after Coventry, Barnsley, and West Brom. It's worrying because we're failing in every department - we're not defending properly, letting in soft goals, failing to control matches, failing to create chances and not scoring goals. Even more frustrating was that today against Derby we couldn't handle the pressure once they began to press us in the second half. Where has the quality and calmness gone from earlier in the season?

That said, I'd love to know the opposition's shot conversion rate is like against us - every single shot seems to go in! In that sense we've probably been a little unlucky, but it also tells me that Rodak simply isn't making saves or winning us games. Ditto for Ream tonight, he's simply too slow at getting across and cutting out the ball on both occasions. Silva has some serious work to do in order to avoid this great season ending on a bleak and sour note.

I suppose the only positive with this poor run happening now is that it's beginning to confirm who is actually ready for the Premier League next season. The current answer is very few - arguably only Mitro, Tosin, Wilson, Tete (where is he?) and Cav are potentially good enough (the latter likely to leave too!). A big few week's and summer ahead...