watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fabio

Started by JimOG, May 23, 2022, 10:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

I am always reluctant to publicly comment on the outcome private individuals may see as a result of their decisions but the truth is that real talent is hard to miss or keep a secret even in younger players.

Fabio Carvalho has an enormous range of abilities to build on and I hope he goes from strength to strength and maintains his ability to keep injury free.  He served us well and has now determined that this move is the next step in his journey; I respect his decision and wish him all the very best for the future.   I hope he remembers his time at FFC with affection and knows he will always be welcome back here to visit or, if the gods do so bless us, to play for FFC again.     

FFCBadger

Quote from: Cornishnick on May 23, 2022, 11:34:07 AM
Don't overlook the 20% sell on clause, could be a good payday later

It's a good point.
If he goes for £60m in a couple of years (a low estimate I'd say) we'd have cleared £20m for him. Personally I'd be OK with that now.

JimOG

Quote from: toshes mate on May 23, 2022, 11:53:58 AM
I am always reluctant to publicly comment on the outcome private individuals may see as a result of their decisions but the truth is that real talent is hard to miss or keep a secret even in younger players.

Fabio Carvalho has an enormous range of abilities to build on and I hope he goes from strength to strength and maintains his ability to keep injury free.  He served us well and has now determined that this move is the next step in his journey; I respect his decision and wish him all the very best for the future.   I hope he remembers his time at FFC with affection and knows he will always be welcome back here to visit or, if the gods do so bless us, to play for FFC again.   

Well said

Thailand Mick

Quote from: FFCBadger on May 23, 2022, 11:57:55 AM
Quote from: Cornishnick on May 23, 2022, 11:34:07 AM
Don't overlook the 20% sell on clause, could be a good payday later

It's a good point.
If he goes for £60m in a couple of years (a low estimate I'd say) we'd have cleared £20m for him. Personally I'd be OK with that now.
I would like to see a 50% of the profit sell on clause for all players under 21 as standard.

Andy S

I agree and it is sad to see him go. It's all about money as is everything all of us do. I don't begrudge him a bit of cash as he could easily get seriously injured in the next few years whereby his career is cut short. Yes the rules should be changed to help the smaller or selling clubs. I'm not looking forward to playing against him but I wish him well

Sting of the North

Quote from: Andy S on May 23, 2022, 12:27:24 PM
I agree and it is sad to see him go. It's all about money as is everything all of us do. I don't begrudge him a bit of cash as he could easily get seriously injured in the next few years whereby his career is cut short. Yes the rules should be changed to help the smaller or selling clubs. I'm not looking forward to playing against him but I wish him well

Why are you so convinced it's all about the money? Is it so unreasonable to think that Fabio would like to go to a bigger club and play for titles? Surely money is not the only motivator for all players all the time? Or do you believe it is? Also, if the information we have gotten on here is even remotely close to the truth, then he would have earned at least as much if he stayed.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 23, 2022, 12:32:46 PM
Quote from: Andy S on May 23, 2022, 12:27:24 PM

Why are you so convinced it's all about the money? Is it so unreasonable to think that Fabio would like to go to a bigger club and play for titles? Surely money is not the only motivator for all players all the time? Or do you believe it is? Also, if the information we have gotten on here is even remotely close to the truth, then he would have earned at least as much if he stayed.

Wasn't it also quoted by some that we actually offered more than Liverpool to try and get him to stay as Pool have a limiting salary factor (soon to be demolished if the Salah contract leaks are true)?

Nick Bateman

Liverpoo acquiring such a fine young talent for a measley £7.7m is highway robbery!! He will hardly get a game and one tends to think Fab will regret his decision until he leaves them for at least ten times what they allegedly paid for him.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Ruislip White

He hasn't proved himself at premier league level yet.  He's a very good championship player.  Will that translate into the top flight?  Who knows.
I thought Ryan Sessegnon made a far greater impact on our championship team a few years ago, but that impact didn't carry through for 3-4 years.
I'd therefore much rather have an experienced player that's proven in the prem playing in behind Mitro, rather than Fabio.
Played his part in our promotion and good luck to him.

rubbernecca

Completely agree - how can we replace him for that money.

Who makes these deals?

rubbernecca

Quote from: Ruislip White on May 23, 2022, 01:00:52 PM
He hasn't proved himself at premier league level yet.  He's a very good championship player.  Will that translate into the top flight?  Who knows.
I thought Ryan Sessegnon made a far greater impact on our championship team a few years ago, but that impact didn't carry through for 3-4 years.
I'd therefore much rather have an experienced player that's proven in the prem playing in behind Mitro, rather than Fabio.

He's miles better than Sessegnon. This is a terrible deal.

HV71

Gutted - the man is " different gravy"

Best of luck Fabio you will be really missed

bog

Obviously sorry to see him go. I think the chance to be in the squad and train with so many world famous names is very enticing even if not playing that often. Good luck Fabio but it would have been nice to see you play for us for one season in the top flight.

092.gif     

Dodgin

He comes across as a most likeable and articulate young man, his FFC TV interview showed his commitment to the club. Sad to see him go though.

Count Flapula

Good luck to Fabio - thanks for your efforts this season in helping us win the league and achieve promotion. So techically gifted, amazing balance but equally tellingly IMO, is mature beyond his years and has the mental attributes to match his natural talent. Barring injury he has a great chance of making it to the very top.

Absolutely gutted we didn't manage to get him on a longer contract and get at least one season out of him in the Prem but what can you do if they don't want to sign and teams like Liverpool come knocking? The ruling limiting us to only being able to offer 2 year contracts to the likes of Elliott and Fabio has cost us dearly in both a financial and football sense - imagine having them behind Mitro and the sell-on value we would have got were we able to offer 4 year deals earlier...

Also, the longer you are deemed a "yo-yo" team, the harder it is to both persuade your best talent to stay and to also entice a better quality of player. Hoping we can pull a few rabbits out of hats this summer and break the cycle.

St Eve

A magnificent talent. Very sad to lose him, but I wish him the best

H4usuallysitting

Good luck old son.... I'll be keeping an eye out for him

Sammyffc

I think we all need a reality check here and look at the situation through the eyes of a player.

Liverpool are arguably the best team in the world, with the best manager in the world who likes to take a chance on youth.

Believing that a youth player should reject that type of move to stay with us would be absolutely terrible advice. Chances to join the big clubs do not come around often, having the chance to join Liverpool
now with how great they are ( urgh ) is a no brainer.

All of this ( he will be on the bench ) is quite laughable considering fabio has literally played first team football for us for around 7 months or so. Many fans are going on like he had been here starting for a few years.

I also see hardly a peep from any fans on here when fulham do their own shady stuff to get youth players, the double standards are huge, we literally got fined 6 figures a few months ago for an obvious dodgy dealing for a youth player ... and don't get me started on how we got stansfield.

Yes we are a lovely family club by the river and that means alot to us, but as a player when they are approached by a mega team of that stature in Liverpool, im sorry but its a no brainer.

filham

So pleased he stayed with us to see out last season, it made a big difference to us.
I now wish him luck at Liverpool but my focus is on a replacement and that is a priority and is going to be difficult to achieve.

Ruislip White

Quote from: rubbernecca on May 23, 2022, 01:05:08 PM
Quote from: Ruislip White on May 23, 2022, 01:00:52 PM

He's miles better than Sessegnon. This is a terrible deal.

[/quote]
Sess was championship player of the season and EFL young player of the season.  To my mind ahead  ahead of Cav.  Either way, lucky to have had both players in our team.