watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 1-4 Newcastle Sat 1 Oct 15:00

Started by WhiteJC, July 29, 2022, 02:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atherton

Total over reaction for the Marco criticism. Nobody would have selected Ream at left back against Forest but he performed brilliantly. Sometimes these gambles work sometimes they don't. That's football.

FFC1987

Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 01, 2022, 03:29:09 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on October 01, 2022, 03:23:09 PM
Rarely have I seen this amount of overreactions on here, as I do towards Silva today. I am sure Silva didn't think Chalobah would take a red card after 5 minutes. It is not like he usually does that.

Chalobah deserves the blame fully. Whether he could have otherwise contributed we will never know of course.

Every single fulham fan on earth can see that Chalobah is a terrible, awful, waster of a player. When the team was announced we collectively went... Chalobah... thats a loss. So why should the man paid to pick the team escape the blame when literally all us amateurs can see it coming a mile off

Yep. If people were suggesting this makes Silva a bad manager, I'd have a bit more sympathy for his argument, but its just saying he's treated this game as an experiment really and using Chaloboah is so ridiculous that even though the guy has done little to nothing since joining, and continually looked poor, he's not cost us a game after being on the field for 5 mins in his first start and people still don't think this was a bad decision somehow.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 01, 2022, 03:27:33 PM
Rarely have I seen this amount of overreactions on here, as I do towards Silva today. I am sure Silva didn't think Chalobah would take a red card after 5 minutes. It is not like he usually does that.

Chalobah deserves the blame fully. Whether he could have otherwise contributed we will never know of course.

I cannot recall a singular moment where Chalobah has done anything for us. The decision to play him at all is where MS takes the blame, and the ridiculous tackle proves it. One would think after the performance against Crawley that the point was made, but if this is what it takes...

The tackle proves that Chalobah made a bad decision. I also cannot recall Chalobah doing much good for us, if any. But, he has quite a lot of PL experience, and Silva sees him every day in training. I also cannot recall him costing as games really, and he was not the only one in our midfield looking bang average in the Championship last season. There's no reasonable level to the criticism in my opinion.

AnOldBrownie

Can't believe we're losing to this lot.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Palhinha Colada on October 01, 2022, 03:30:40 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on October 01, 2022, 03:29:19 PM
Silly tackle yes, but that was never a red. Both went for the ball in a similar way, Newcastle man got there faster. It was very low on the leg, almost on the foot, the foul lacked intensity as well.

It was a red. Late and studs stamping down onto the foot. Needless and incredibly stupid.
Strong disagree, but I respect your opinion.

FFC1987

Quote from: Atherton on October 01, 2022, 03:31:30 PM
Total over reaction for the Marco criticism. Nobody would have selected Ream at left back against Forest but he performed brilliantly. Sometimes these gambles work sometimes they don't. That's football.

Awful comparison. Ream, arguably our best player last season, performing ridiculously well this season, marking a player he should know fairly well, compared to Chalo, a man who has done next to nothing positive in a fulham shirt. Sure he gambled, but it was a dreadful bet to put money on.

ChesterTheTabby

Great goal by Almiron, that was class.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 01, 2022, 03:32:20 PM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 01, 2022, 03:27:33 PM

I cannot recall a singular moment where Chalobah has done anything for us. The decision to play him at all is where MS takes the blame, and the ridiculous tackle proves it. One would think after the performance against Crawley that the point was made, but if this is what it takes...

The tackle proves that Chalobah made a bad decision. I also cannot recall Chalobah doing much good for us, if any. But, he has quite a lot of PL experience, and Silva sees him every day in training. I also cannot recall him costing as games really, and he was not the only one in our midfield looking bang average in the Championship last season. There's no reasonable level to the criticism in my opinion.

There is and as others have laid out, you're simply wrong on this occasion. Poor decision with evidence acted out on the pitch today.

LittleErn

With an early yellow against him, Mitro is unlikely to be able to play his usual game so maybe he should be sheltered and told not to try too hard today. Much as I'd like to think we can stay in this game, I don't really believe it. Defeatist? Maybe, but look at Newcastle's defensive record and tell me there's a REAL chance. It's important that he is available for the winnable games to come soon, but probably too early to sub him as we'll need all the fresh legs we can get later in the game. 

Mince n Tatties

Great goal,cant do nothing about that.
Let's not get slaughtered here I hope.

cookieg

I'm wearing a Fulham shirt I never wear a Fulham shirt. I take full responsibility for this sh!t show.

rusty shackleford

Mitro injured.

Fantastic.

love international football

junior white

Defo red, thats what VAR is for the error by the onfield ref, and i hate VAR but it was the right use this time

davew

Might as well write this game off and bring on 5 substitutes and rest our better players for next week.

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

davew

ChesterTheTabby

If this is the game needed to have Chalobah released permanently and never again step foot at the Cottage, so be it.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

andyk

Wasn't there really anything Leno could do about that?
An acrobatic goalie could, at least, try and launch himself   instead of waving at the ball.