watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 1-4 Newcastle Sat 1 Oct 15:00

Started by WhiteJC, July 29, 2022, 02:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

I maintain that the hyperbole is off the charts here from a lot of posters. I was about to try to answer but realise that no one is interested in a level headed discussion (quite understandable given the miserable day it is turning out to be). Any further discussion is obviously a waste of time.

alfie

There is only one person to blame and it's not Mike Dean.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

nwg

Marco for starting Chalobah?...(and Mbabu)...

ron

Alas, this looks like a four or five nil.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Sgt Fulham

When it rains it pours. Honestly, love football sometimes.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 01, 2022, 03:37:51 PM
I maintain that the hyperbole is off the charts here from a lot of posters. I was about to try to answer but realise that no one is interested in a level headed discussion (quite understandable given the miserable day it is turning out to be). Any further discussion is obviously a waste of time.

I'd hear it. DM me if you'd rather. But I don't see any reasonable argument for how a manager picking a player like he has today, and that player being sent off after 5 minutes, isn't to some extent, his fault as well as the pleb who was sent off for a stupid tackle.

davew

Should have kept Loftus-Cheek (lol)

alfie

If our Portuguese wonder player had not got himself stupidly booked by jumping in with the supporters, we would not have been in this position.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: nwg on October 01, 2022, 03:39:07 PM
Marco for starting Chalobah?...(and Mbabu)...

Yes, It is Marco's fault. Chalobah did what we knew he would do, and always does, f*ck it all up.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Jules

Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 01, 2022, 03:29:09 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on October 01, 2022, 03:23:09 PM
Rarely have I seen this amount of overreactions on here, as I do towards Silva today. I am sure Silva didn't think Chalobah would take a red card after 5 minutes. It is not like he usually does that.

Chalobah deserves the blame fully. Whether he could have otherwise contributed we will never know of course.

Every single fulham fan on earth can see that Chalobah is a terrible, awful, waster of a player. When the team was announced we collectively went... Chalobah... thats a loss. So why should the man paid to pick the team escape the blame when literally all us amateurs can see it coming a mile off
Agree, and I have said all along Chalobah is terrible when people were suggesting he steps in for Palinha. Obviously play Cairney and Reed in the middle. Love Silva but he got that badly wrong today

Mince n Tatties

SerbianLad

I know I'm stating the obvious, but Chalobah set the tone for the game with a needless tackle and everything has gone downhill from there. This game is over. Hopefully Mitro and Tete will be ready for our next game, otherwise we're in big trouble I fear.

LittleErn

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 01, 2022, 03:37:51 PM

I'd like to discuss with you Sting.  How badly Is Mitro really injured? Is it better to get him off with a hope that it's not too bad rather than let him struggle on and make it worse? Did anyone see the injury?
Regarding Chalobah, I agree that his few appearances have shown us nothing to merit a place in the team, but what were Silva's options?

davew

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Mince n Tatties

LC

This is turning into a training exercise. They've given up, and it's not just the fact that we aren't going to get points today, it's going to hurt our goal difference which could prove the difference come the end of the season

davew