watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 1-4 Newcastle Sat 1 Oct 15:00

Started by WhiteJC, July 29, 2022, 02:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mullers OG

Does make you wonder why Cairney stays at Fulham if he doesn't start in this side. One of my all time favourite players but to have Chalobah played ahead of him must feel like a kick in the face.

Mince n Tatties

Comeback of the season on cards 3-3.
🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

rusty shackleford

Hopefully Palhinha is watching this and thinking.... you know what... the next time I score a belter I might not stupidly run into the crowd and get a needless yellow when I'm one away from a ban

Rj Fulham

He would want to be injured, considering the way he is jogging around the pitch whilst his teammates are running. Absolutely fuming atm  :031:

Jamie88

Have we even had a shot or been remotely near their goal?

Bassey the warrior

Couldn't find a working stream but sounds like a dodged a bullet. We all knew Chalobah wasn't good enough, I just hope there's a suitable replacement available on a free and Marco is willing to admit he made a mistake and rectify it.

As for Mbabu it's a very poor start but has time to improve, whereas Chalobah hasn't impressed having had a full season in an inderior league.

LittleErn

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 01, 2022, 03:55:07 PM
Comeback of the season on cards 3-3.
🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

LOL - Gallows humour!

ron

If the answer was Chalobah, then Silva simply didn't understand the question. The player has no merit, and costs the team whenever he is included. I'm disappointed and appalled at what's happened today.

bill taylors apprentice

I don't rate Chalobah, never have but he's a professional so with a bit of pride and footballing intelligence should have been able to do a job today.
But instead made himself look stupid and let everyone down.

Somerset Fulham

Nothing to do with Mike Dean whatsoever. It was a dumb challenge by a guy who is clearly out of his depth.

Craven Mad

Quote from: nwg on October 01, 2022, 03:52:01 PM
Further funds?...not necessary. With a match in-hand, we were rocking top 10 with largely 'our' squad plus Andres and Joao.

Instead, learn from Scotty P.'s signings disasters and dance with the girls that bring ya.

The point is that with just a couple of injuries/suspensions and we're on the end of a spanking.

Whilst we've started the season v well, we lack depth in a few areas, and that's what I think needs to be addressed in Jan.

FFC In Oz

May as well just stay in the sheds.

Chalobah is dreadful.

The rest of the team lack intensity as well.  Plenty of half hearted jogs after the ball.  Second to everything

andyk

Really have to dig in this half and, at least draw the half.
They have no reason to push for more goals, but if we capitulate they will bag a few more.
A trouncing could destroy the confidence we've built up and plunge us backwards.

simplyfulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 01, 2022, 03:46:28 PM
Quote from: LittleErn on October 01, 2022, 03:44:02 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on October 01, 2022, 03:37:51 PM
I maintain that the hyperbole is off the charts here from a lot of posters. I was about to try to answer but realise that no one is interested in a level headed discussion (quite understandable given the miserable day it is turning out to be). Any further discussion is obviously a waste of time.

I'd like to discuss with you Sting.  How badly Is Mitro really injured? Is it better to get him off with a hope that it's not too bad rather than let him struggle on and make it worse? Did anyone see the injury?
Regarding Chalobah, I agree that his few appearances have shown us nothing to merit a place in the team, but what were Silva's options?

Reed deep, Pereria in front of him as box to box and Cairney doing his role. Feels like quite an obvious decision. Unless Ciarney isn't fully fit perhaps.

It's a fair assessment that.

But let's not pretend it's a like for like change for Palhinha. Chalobah might not be very good, but in terms of what kind of player he is, it's a more direct replacement.

We've known for a while that we are short on quality in the middle, I think you've pointed it out while the window was still open. This is just the sad ramifications of all that.

cookieg

Quote from: Mullers OG on October 01, 2022, 03:55:04 PM
Does make you wonder why Cairney stays at Fulham if he doesn't start in this side. One of my all time favourite players but to have Chalobah played ahead of him must feel like a kick in the face.

Cairney is no longer a 90 minute player.

Tempest

Quote from: Mullers OG on October 01, 2022, 03:55:04 PM
I guess money. Probably a decent contract he won't get elsewhere. Can't imagine a PL team wanting him so would drop down a level.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

LC

Come on Fulham, I want to see us fight in the second half and hopefully get one back to help our goal difference. Not expecting anything from the game just want to see some fight

FFC1987

Quote from: LittleErn on October 01, 2022, 03:53:17 PM
I maintain that the hyperbole is off the charts here from a lot of posters. I was about to try to answer but realise that no one is interested in a level headed discussion (quite understandable given the miserable day it is turning out to be). Any further discussion is obviously a waste of time.

I'd like to discuss with you Sting.  How badly Is Mitro really injured? Is it better to get him off with a hope that it's not too bad rather than let him struggle on and make it worse? Did anyone see the injury?
Regarding Chalobah, I agree that his few appearances have shown us nothing to merit a place in the team, but what were Silva's options?

Reed deep, Pereria in front of him as box to box and Cairney doing his role. Feels like quite an obvious decision. Unless Ciarney isn't fully fit perhaps.

Cairney's never fully fit - one of his legs is unusable! 😇

One more leg usable Than Chalo's then...... :005:

FFC1987

Quote from: simplyfulham on October 01, 2022, 04:05:29 PM

But let's not pretend it's a like for like change for Palhinha. Chalobah might not be very good, but in terms of what kind of player he is, it's a more direct replacement.

We've known for a while that we are short on quality in the middle, I think you've pointed it out while the window was still open. This is just the sad ramifications of all that.

I'd argue Reed is more a like for like replacement Palinha than Chalo is. He's literally been our starting DM in the Prem previously.

simplyfulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 01, 2022, 04:13:06 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on October 01, 2022, 04:05:29 PM

I'd argue Reed is more a like for like replacement Palinha than Chalo is. He's literally been our starting DM in the Prem previously.

Yeah but you can't pick him twice.

Unless he has a twin.