watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worrying comments by Silva

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, July 31, 2022, 05:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

3 teams went up.... Forest had to sign a bundle of players, Boscombe haven't signed anybody, we've done a bit of good business

Baszab

If you listen to the whole press conference MS was fuming - he couldn't make the situation any clearer - for a manager to talk like that in a press room, there must be serious trouble ahead

Matt10

Quote from: Baszab on July 31, 2022, 08:44:42 PM
If you listen to the whole press conference MS was fuming - he couldn't make the situation any clearer - for a manager to talk like that in a press room, there must be serious trouble ahead

He's upset at the situation, he's not upset with Ali Mac or Tony. He said they're in the same boat as him, and they speak every day.

I am glad that at least there's constant communication. It's not Silva versus the hierarchy.

I'm curious what he means by needing to "act" though. I can only assume it means giving into the other club/player demands rather than trying to find the best deal - whatever is needed to get the deal done.

Exciting that he wants things done by Tuesday/Wednesday - even if too late for Saturday's match.

sarnian

Quote from: Matt10 on July 31, 2022, 09:08:18 PM
Quote from: Baszab on July 31, 2022, 08:44:42 PM

He's upset at the situation, he's not upset with Ali Mac or Tony. He said they're in the same boat as him, and they speak every day.

I am glad that at least there's constant communication. It's not Silva versus the hierarchy.

I'm curious what he means by needing to "act" though. I can only assume it means giving into the other club/player demands rather than trying to find the best deal - whatever is needed to get the deal done.

Exciting that he wants things done by Tuesday/Wednesday - even if too late for Saturday's match.

Saturday was always going to be a free shot. Silva will more than likely want at least 3 or possibly 4 deals completed in time to face Wolves.

davew

Can get good odds on him being the first PL manager to leave this season anything from 7/1 to 12/1.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ALG01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=l1WnOpfCmDY&feature=emb_title

at around two minutes marco says it like it is. we knew what we needed to do at the end of last season and alastair and tony have not been successful.

wow, he is so negative, he keeps repeating that we are short of players  064.gif 064.gif

the half dozen or so people that keep having a go at me for saying exactly the same thing should have a go at him  064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

he is very politic in how he talks about his bosses..... but alastair and tony are failing miserably to have left us with 15 to 16 first team players and a wasted pre season for anyone they may be able to get in now.....  we needed the competion of a full squad during pre season was what he said, we had plans he said but we failed  at senior level... again (that last word is mine!). 

Two centre backs is not enough he said, it is not possible to be competitive with just two centre backs at this level.... marco said so!

seems me and marco (and loads of others) think the same.

Motspur

There are still 31 days to the end of the transfer deadline. I understand that there is derision directed towards player recruitment within Fulham FC however with FFP restrictions plus agents seeking to extract as much money for themselves as well as their representative restricts our possible adventure within the transfer market. If we can acquire a decent CB (assume Leno is signing too) to improve our defence for the start of the season then subsequent defensive signings can hopefully be arranged between now and 31st August.

Rambler

I don't take any joy in being right but I've been saying this since the end of last season. We needed a squad ready to compete for pre season and we're woefully underprepared. Possibly thankful it's Liverpool first game of the season as realistically it's going to be very tough to get anything from that game even with a full squad so gives us an extra week to get players in.

What a sorry state we find ourselves in. Some of the free signings (Ben Mee) to just even fill the squad with experienced PL players would have been ideal. Our subs bench today was mostly academy players who just aren't ready

ALG01

Quote from: Motspur on July 31, 2022, 09:31:55 PM
There are still 31 days to the end of the transfer deadline. I understand that there is derision directed towards player recruitment within Fulham FC however with FFP restrictions plus agents seeking to extract as much money for themselves as well as their representative restricts our possible adventure within the transfer market. If we can acquire a decent CB (assume Leno is signing too) to improve our defence for the start of the season then subsequent defensive signings can hopefully be arranged between now and 31st August.

The manager's comments spoke volumes about 'the plans' that were in place at the end of last season... players needed in time for pre season not now being here and even when we get them needing another four or five weeks to bed in. this is just a case of very poor management.

alfie

What happened to the days when a player came one day and was in the team the next day, don't recall too many having problems.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Pluto

Quote from: Rodshig on July 31, 2022, 05:54:18 PM
Total shambles. Seniors players knockaert, cav and kolongo not involved.

Slow transfers. Cb position totally no quality or cover.

Oh wells. Maybe we will see a slew of loan signings on deadline day again

We have not learnt our lessons from previous seasons have we?

The fact Cav, Knock, Onomah and Kongolo have been frozen out makes no sense to me. Fair enough they aren't ideal and we need upgrades, but they have premier league (and some of them international) experience.

When we literally dont have enough players to field a full bench you'd think Silva would at least have them report to training.

Makes the "we have 16 senior players" ring a bit hollow.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on July 31, 2022, 10:01:13 PM
What happened to the days when a player came one day and was in the team the next day, don't recall too many having problems.

Precisely, but that was when men were men and women loved them for it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Absolute shambles. Same s*** different year and different manager, the club hierarchy once again failing to address the glaring issues in our squad that have existed for the last 4 years at least, despite having had over 100 days this time and 2 previous failures to learn from to put things right. We are getting relegated with the squad as it stands and once the recruitment team finally sign some players on deadline day in 4 weeks time we'll have written off nearly a quarter of the season and it'll be too late, just like it was the last 2 times.

Tony, Mackintosh, Shahid and anyone else involved in this farce need to sort it out or get out, enough is enough:

Tony because he clearly has a preference for his wrestling business and is not prepared to devote the time to being the director of football of a Premier League club, and because he has an ego greater than the Riverside Stand he's blinkered to his own failures. He picks fights with fans on Twitter and tells them to 'go to hell' and that he'd've killed for us to be a yoyo club, whilst taking all the credit for signings in the announcements whilst never admitting when they go wrong. And although he's obviously not to everyone's liking, having Jamie Carragher call him a 'clown' on national TV 2 years ago was an embarrassment to the club whichever way you spin it.

With Mackintosh it's always difficult to work out what he's done right or wrong due to his cowardice and inability to take responsibility (probably intentionally), however the bottom line is he's the CEO and as Silva has said he is joint responsible for transfers and is known to drag them out. Not only that but he is also responsible for overseeing the increasingly astronomical costs that Fulham fans are being made to put up with. Whether it's on a matchday with inaccessible ticket prices, soon-to-be £6.80 pints of beer in plastic cups and laughably crap and expensive food, or replica shirts that cost as good as 90 quid with personalisation, everything is on an upward trajectory in terms of costs for the fans, whereas on the pitch we are stagnating and failing to capitalise on these opportunities to become a better, more stable club what with our new stand, strong support and prime London location and financial resources, and the matchday experience for fans outside the riverside is still broken toilets and obstructed views. As Archie Rhind-Tutt put it on the Fulhamish podcast the other week, the fans are being made to bear the costs of the hierarchy's own failures: a £20-30 difference in ticket price only equates to a couple of million a year, whereas we spent £10m in agents fees last year in the Championship. And all this during a cost-of-living crisis just reeks of tone deaf and general apathy about the club's true fans.

As for Shahid, I know he has his fans on here for his financial backing and up to a point I respect that. However what I cannot let slide is the total lack of holding the club's failures to account and a general lack of involvement in the club beyond perhaps a yearly visit and a ghostwritten end-of-year statement. In most businesses if your employees are wasting millions of pounds of your company's annual budget then heads roll, or at least severe restructuring takes place to ensure it doesn't happen again. The fact that his son for one is seemingly able to get away with multiple PR blunders and poor investments (not even to mention the academy, which, given the paltry fees we get for our players is basically useless) not only reeks of nepotism but also of a lack of engagement or interest in the club's affairs. So while on the one hand you could say it's generous that he's prepared to write off millions of pounds of debt to keep the club afloat, it sets a dangerous precedent, and raises concerns should he want to sell up eventually (don't forget he's not actually a Fulham man; he wanted Spurs first, and his ultimate goal is to buy Wembley and move the Jaguars there, so if that suddenly comes to fruition don't be surprised if daddy Khan's magic money tree suddenly disappears).

Sorry for the rant but these things need saying because the club cannot continue like this, and the sooner we as fans recognise this the better.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: alfie on July 31, 2022, 10:01:13 PM
They got replaced by the days of higher-quality, higher intensity football which necessitates a higher level of tactical integration and fitness.

Motspur

It's one thing advising what you want and one thing acquiring those players. Many instances this close season of players or agents playing us off against other interests. Lets remember we are not a massive club and acquiring quality players is a challenge. it's easier getting Championship players but feel the club has a different target from previous years for EPL; however we are restricted with FFP regulations so unable to offer stupid money to acquisitions plus how we can offer to avoid discontent within the squad.
One area I do agree where we missed out is with Mee going to Brentford; it would have been a brilliant short term acquisition with leadership and experience in our back line.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Motspur on July 31, 2022, 10:16:12 PM
It's one thing advising what you want and one thing acquiring those players. Many instances this close season of players or agents playing us off against other interests. Lets remember we are not a massive club and acquiring quality players is a challenge. it's easier getting Championship players but feel the club has a different target from previous years for EPL; however we are restricted with FFP regulations so unable to offer stupid money to acquisitions plus how we can offer to avoid discontent within the squad.
One area I do agree where we missed out is with Mee going to Brentford; it would have been a brilliant short term acquisition with leadership and experience in our back line.
If Nottingham Forest, Leeds, Brentford, Crystal Palace and Southampton plus Wolves and West Ham if you want to count them can all sign at least one CB before we can then there's no excuse really.

Lighthouse

Clearly people didn't listen to what Silva actually said. We aren't ready. we have a small squad . we need more players. Wilson is out with a knee injury.

But he did say how hard everybody is working to bring players in. But they need to do it quicker. He didn't childishly blame individuals he simply stated the bleeding obvious and is a s frustrated as everybody is. 

However the fans will blame the usual suspects because it is easy for them to do so. Silva never blamed anybody and mentioned people by name that he wasn't blaming anybody.  But what he said wasn't shock news to anybody with an idea of what is needed to mount a survival push in the Prem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2022, 10:28:31 PM
Clearly people didn't listen to what Silva actually said. We aren't ready. we have a small squad . we need more players. Wilson is out with a knee injury.

But he did say how hard everybody is working to bring players in. But they need to do it quicker. He didn't childishly blame individuals he simply stated the bleeding obvious and is a s frustrated as everybody is. 

However the fans will blame the usual suspects because it is easy for them to do so. Silva never blamed anybody and mentioned people by name that he wasn't blaming anybody.  But what he said wasn't shock news to anybody with an idea of what is needed to mount a survival push in the Prem.
'Arrivals soon? "I expected they arrive in the beginning of the preseason, the first week of preseason second week of the preseason I hope they can arrive soon. I know that Alistair (Mackintosh) and Tony (Khan) are working on it."'

Don't know about you but that sounds like naming names to me. Even if he's not directly blaming them managers don't do that unless they're unhappy.

Motspur

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2022, 10:28:31 PM

Look at our FFP status and realise why we are not in a situation to be shelling out monies like other clubs as a result of our yo yo status and wasting money on earlier season transfers i.e Knockhaert and Cavaleirho; other established EPL clubs have more revenue to 'play' with plus most of their squads require less acquisitions. Forest hadn't spent much in previous seasons but acquired players via loans so have a bigger purse to use for acquisitions. Look at our finance and salaries paid even in the Championship to understand our FFP position; it's not only transfer fees that have to be considered.