watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worrying comments by Silva

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, July 31, 2022, 05:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Marco Silva has just finished a short post-game press conference. Pleased with the performance against a Champions League team.

But when asked if Fulham are ready for the Premier League season: "No."

Ready for PL? "No, no. These players they are ready for the Premier League. I congratulate them for the work they have been doing. I'm always behind them, they did fantastic last season. They are working really hard.
We as a squad are not ready."

Silva said it had been a strange preseason, and that he was working with 16 senior players. He said the players here were ready and have worked hard, but that was it not possible for the team to be ready with two centre-backs, as example.

Silva asked if team needs 1 or 2 additions: "You are being positive. We have 16 senior players in our squad, no one can compete at this level with 16. I will tell you one more. No one can prepare a season with two central defenders at this level."

On talks with hierarchy: "Of course we're all on the same page, we're all in the same boat. My words are not against any one because I'm the first one out in front. Don't confuse or put Marco is angry. I'm being realistic with you."

Arrivals soon? "I expected they arrive in the beginning of the preseason, the first week of preseason second week of the preseason I hope they can arrive soon. I know that Alistair (Mackintosh) and Tony (Khan) are working on it."

Silva: "Everyone that understands football can see we need at least five or six players that is clear, if we want to be competitive. These players need help to be competitive in the training every day. We cannot be now five weeks in the preseason with two central defenders."

Rodshig

Total shambles. Seniors players knockaert, cav and kolongo not involved.

Slow transfers. Cb position totally no quality or cover.

Oh wells. Maybe we will see a slew of loan signings on deadline day again

We have not learnt our lessons from previous seasons have we?

Rightwhite

He is only stating the truth and what we all know. How the powers that be have let it get this far with only two centre backs is beyond me. Yes we have made great additions but not signing 2 quality centre backs which are the priority and have been since we got promoted is setting us up to fail from the first game. I love our manager but he needs the tools to do the job. All of this falls on TK.

Lordedmundo

When you factor in Wilson's injury and Chalobah's knock (he rarely seems to be fully fit though!), then Silva's comments are extremely concerning.  We need at least one centre back in urgently, otherwise an injury to Ream or Tosin (especially Tosin), then we are in deep trouble. With Wilson out, bringing in that extra attacker asap is now also crucial.

General

Whole thread of comments here. Says we need 5 or 6 more players to be competitive as a squad but also in the league. Most of us agree I think.

?t=2z2aA_332B2BgxS_YCk-yQ&s=19

hovewhite

Not perfect,but we will battle through ,badly need CHs and a miracle come the scousers next up.
Thought we were ok today and tried to play and it wasn't a loss.

Baszab

Anyone with any brains on this board and other social media sites has been saying this for 3 months

What on earth are the management of our club thinking

Really pees me off to see another chance in the PL thrown down the toilet

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Baszab on July 31, 2022, 06:03:50 PM
Anyone with any brains on this board and other social media sites has been saying this for 3 months

What on earth are the management of our club thinking

Really pees me off to see another chance in the PL thrown down the toilet

And not only that, the people that have been saying it have begun to be picked on for stating the facts and are being labelled as 'hysterical' and other similar adjectives

RogFFC

After watching today I think relegation is the only outcome, without 4 or 5 new players in pretty quickly. We were ok in places but Silva is dead right that we have ZERO depth. Any injuries and we are done.

Bobby Reid, Kebano, Harrison Reed and Ream are not up to it in the PL - all of who will likely be starting next weekend. Robinson looked weak defensively and Bryan is not adequate cover as we already know. If Mitro gets injured - we are absolutely f**ked.

Disappointing more than anything, we had a good base from last year and we really haven't built on it. Staggered that we haven't got at least one CB in. Silva rightly fuming. Got a feeling he'll have walked by the Christmas World Cup break.

S.F.Sorrow

The only news here is that he's honest enough to say it. Anyone with half a brain and some basic knowledge about football has been saying the same for weeks now. It's the same old story and it won't get any better as long as TK is in charge.

Hatch007

@Rog
Reed was one of our best players in our previous PL campaign and Marco went out of his way to say "don't confuse or write Silva is angry"

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Hatch007 on July 31, 2022, 06:48:33 PM
@Rog
Reed was one of our best players in our previous PL campaign and Marco went out of his way to say "don't confuse or write Silva is angry"

He sounds quite angry to me.

rebel

It has been clear from past experience, MS is vocalizing the obvious, rightly so.

The only people that don't get it, are Khan Jr and Ali Mac. Ali Mac won't tell the truth to power.

Transfer's need to be quickly transacted, there has been so many sagas. Even new signings seemed relieved when done. Moneyball has been replaced by 'Wheeler Dealer'.

It's all about 'quality and depth' which just isn't there.

Craven Mad

So presumably 5/6 would be - GK, CB, CB, LB, CAM, CF?

Even with those, I can't help but feel that'd be the absolute base of what we require.

Can't believe how much we wasted on Cav/Knocks... unbelievable that we're still beating the FFP brunt of those today.

St Eve

Not worrying at all. Just fact. We knew we needed at least 8-10 new players.  We have 4 so far.

Whitestone

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 31, 2022, 07:01:21 PM
So presumably 5/6 would be - GK, CB, CB, LB, CAM, CF?

Even with those, I can't help but feel that'd be the absolute base of what we require.

Can't believe how much we wasted on Cav/Knocks... unbelievable that we're still beating the FFP brunt of those today.

Agree. Thats the minimum requirement.

rebel

"As I said last week, and I repeat again, we have to act much faster. Pre-season is to prepare your team for the Premier League.

"Some players that arrive now, they need four weeks to be ready. They need five weeks to be ready. That is the situation."

jayffc

Quote from: rebel on July 31, 2022, 07:37:02 PM
"As I said last week, and I repeat again, we have to act much faster. Pre-season is to prepare your team for the Premier League.

"Some players that arrive now, they need four weeks to be ready. They need five weeks to be ready. That is the situation."

Respectfully disagree with him on this, Good players dont need four weeks to come in and make a difference, Anderson and Tosin came in last time and turned things upside down defensively from game one without a preseason here, our attacking players came in much sooner and did naff all. Mbabu came on today and got an assist in about 4 minutes having arrived a couple days ago, years ago players moved mid season with no dramas. I do agree it's desirable to have everyone in before pre-season but its just not always possible for a world of reasons. That said, it really is time to get these deals over the line. Hopefully a good 2 or 3 this week at least.

Leno Monday, then Diop or another CB shortly after would be ideal. Lets hope it happens

FFC1987

Quote from: jayffc on July 31, 2022, 07:42:26 PM

Respectfully disagree with him on this, Good players dont need four weeks to come in and make a difference, Anderson and Tosin came in last time and turned things upside down defensively from game one without a preseason here, our attacking players came in much sooner and did naff all. Mbabu came on today and got an assist in about 4 minutes having arrived a couple days ago, years ago players moved mid season with no dramas. I do agree it's desirable to have everyone in before pre-season but its just not always possible for a world of reasons. That said, it really is time to get these deals over the line. Hopefully a good 2 or 3 this week at least.

Leno Monday, then Diop or another CB shortly after would be ideal. Lets hope it happens

Sorry buddy hut you're living in dreamland. Players coming in and immediately settling is an anomaly, not the rule. Not being funny but Silva is dead right on this and posters like yourself have said before, trust in Silva. Well now we're just picking and choosing on how much we want to give the clubs management some slack. Regardless, it's been a shambles and unless Silva pulls out a miracle, heads should roll. They won't though. Yoyo status quo.

Rightwhite

Bearing this in mind. Why does it take so long for us to get deals done? I get TK has other interests which is fine IF he is handing the responsibility of getting deals done to somebody who can dedicate all their time to do just that. I know we are lucky to have our owner but I feel he really he needs to sideswipe TK and get a competent DOF to take on these roles as Ali Mac is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Shad really needs to do what is right but I cant see it in the near future.  COYW