watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worrying comments by Silva

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, July 31, 2022, 05:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motspur

Sorry not directed at your post but a previous one. I don't usually copy in earlier posts. 093.gif

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Motspur on July 31, 2022, 10:50:09 PM
Sorry not directed at your post but a previous one. I don't usually copy in earlier posts. 093.gif
If it's me you're trying to respond to then my response will be well the FFP limitations are a mess of our own. Case in point, two crap signings who we then failed to ship out, we've put ourselves in this predicament and are to blame for it. Maybe if we actually had some sustainability, i.e. sold players at a profit for once then we'd have more leeway

General

I imagine this is a knock on effect of a reputation that's built of lasting just one season in the premiership before getting relegated. Players are less inclined to want to join though it then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

That being said TK has historically been a difficult customer to deal with according to some reports so maybe that also plays a part. Definitely not different to his personality traits at times.

Blawarmy

Massive dig at Tony and rightfully so. Marco won us the league and recruitment supporting that has been pathetic. Glad he's digging him out.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

General

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 31, 2022, 10:55:00 PM
Massive dig at Tony and rightfully so. Marco won us the league and recruitment supporting that has been pathetic. Glad he's digging him out.

Not sure he's specifically digging out TK, but he's saying that for some reason they haven't got the job done as they should've.

This can be for a number of reasons- we've been relegated three times twice after automatic promotion. You can understand why players may be hesitant.

Blawarmy

Quote from: General on July 31, 2022, 11:00:25 PM

Not sure he's specifically digging out TK, but he's saying that for some reason they haven't got the job done as they should've.

This can be for a number of reasons- we've been relegated three times twice after automatic promotion. You can understand why players may be hesitant.
This is atrocious squad management whatever way you want to look at it.  It's Tonys responsibility as DOF. That's where it stops.

Blawarmy

Quote from: General on July 31, 2022, 11:00:25 PM

This is atrocious squad management whatever way you want to look at it.  It's Tonys responsibility as DOF. That's where it stops.

itombomb

There are some deals that will be hard to do, and you have to deal with the fact that there will be more 'value' towards the end of the window, so if you blow your load too early there is a good chance you won't have the cash around to take advantage of a couple of opportunities and/or build the depth required. The fact is we need two CBs, if we overpay for one, it massively reduces our ability to get another of sufficient quality.

But the really unforgivable thing that I don't understand is that the deals seem to always be taking far longer than they should need to - all 4 of the people we signed have been reported as done deals at least a week before they were actually training with the team, and it's the same with Leno.

Still, if we sign those two CBs and pick up another LB, CM and attacker of PL quality it will have been a very, very good window.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: RogFFC on July 31, 2022, 06:15:51 PM
After watching today I think relegation is the only outcome, without 4 or 5 new players in pretty quickly. We were ok in places but Silva is dead right that we have ZERO depth. Any injuries and we are done.

Bobby Reid, Kebano, Harrison Reed and Ream are not up to it in the PL - all of who will likely be starting next weekend. Robinson looked weak defensively and Bryan is not adequate cover as we already know. If Mitro gets injured - we are absolutely f**ked.

Disappointing more than anything, we had a good base from last year and we really haven't built on it. Staggered that we haven't got at least one CB in. Silva rightly fuming. Got a feeling he'll have walked by the Christmas World Cup break.

Hi Rog from another Rog.
I have to disagree about Harrison Reed, with "that section" of the field 'almost covered' with Paulhino, Peraira etc,
Harrison is ideally suited and capable as the third midfielder/clogger/breaker up of attacks.
OK he doesn't score any goals, but he does his job very well, has a competitive nature, I even suggested him as
captain.
We've also got a good attacking and creative 'squad'  Mitro, Wilson, Solomon, CAIRNEY, Kebano, Stansfield (looks at a similar stage
than Carvalho was) Blah blah

Hello Roger
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

AnOldBrownie

Not really.   He's unhappy, yes.  But bringing a player in isn't just about Tony Khan wishing it so.   The player and the opposing team play just as much part, if not more than what amount of money Tony is sending out.

Our reputation as a yoyo club can't be helping the situation.   And yes, TK has a part to play in that, but not solely him.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on July 31, 2022, 10:52:19 PM
Quote from: Motspur on July 31, 2022, 10:50:09 PM
If it's me you're trying to respond to then my response will be well the FFP limitations are a mess of our own. Case in point, two crap signings who we then failed to ship out, we've put ourselves in this predicament and are to blame for it. Maybe if we actually had some sustainability, i.e. sold players at a profit for once then we'd have more leeway

Agree, it was hard to see Elliot and Carvalho on the pitch in the "Shield" game
Minimal compensation
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

perry geyton

Blimey he don't look happy
Not sure why we let the likes of Seri and Hector etc go before we brought in replacements
Hope this interview don't rub the Khans the wrong way

FulhamKC

[quote

The fact Cav, Knock, Onomah and Kongolo have been frozen out makes no sense to me. Fair enough they aren't ideal and we need upgrades, but they have premier league (and some of them international) experience.

When we literally dont have enough players to field a full bench you'd think Silva would at least have them report to training.

Makes the "we have 16 senior players" ring a bit hollow.
[/quote]

I agree with this opinion, especially with regard to Kongolo.

USNA90

He's right to be upset. I know he says he's not blaming the transfer team, but if not them, then who?  Heck, I'm upset. I live in California, and for the past two months the first thing I do when I wake up is check the Fulham transfer news only to be disappointed.  But let me play devil's advocate for a moment.  When Fulham cleared out the squad a few months back, I assumed it was to make room for all the new incoming talent the Fulham acquisition team had lined up and ready to go.  Obviously, I was wrong. But who made the decision to let those players go before having replacements signed?  Was that a MS decision?  I'm not suggesting by any means that Mawson and Hector are PL-quality CBs, but when you let them go and then don't bring Kongolo on the pre-season trip, you announce to the world that Fulham is desperate at CB - since there is literally zero depth at the position.  Is it any wonder every player, team, and agent are toying with Fulham?

bobby01

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2022, 10:28:31 PM
Clearly people didn't listen to what Silva actually said. We aren't ready. we have a small squad . we need more players. Wilson is out with a knee injury.

But he did say how hard everybody is working to bring players in. But they need to do it quicker. He didn't childishly blame individuals he simply stated the bleeding obvious and is a s frustrated as everybody is. 

However the fans will blame the usual suspects because it is easy for them to do so. Silva never blamed anybody and mentioned people by name that he wasn't blaming anybody.  But what he said wasn't shock news to anybody with an idea of what is needed to mount a survival push in the Prem.

That is exactly how I interpreted what he said, but unfortunately we have an anti TK group on here who use every excuse to try to drag everyone down. The quality of player we have so far purchased compared to Forest are far better. We all know what we need but for some reason this year it seems most of the PL seem to want centre half's.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

ALG01

Quote from: bobby01 on August 01, 2022, 10:19:52 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2022, 10:28:31 PM
Clearly people didn't listen to what Silva actually said. We aren't ready. we have a small squad . we need more players. Wilson is out with a knee injury.

But he did say how hard everybody is working to bring players in. But they need to do it quicker. He didn't childishly blame individuals he simply stated the bleeding obvious and is a s frustrated as everybody is. 

However the fans will blame the usual suspects because it is easy for them to do so. Silva never blamed anybody and mentioned people by name that he wasn't blaming anybody.  But what he said wasn't shock news to anybody with an idea of what is needed to mount a survival push in the Prem.

That is exactly how I interpreted what he said, but unfortunately we have an anti TK group on here who use every excuse to try to drag everyone down. The quality of player we have so far purchased compared to Forest are far better. We all know what we need but for some reason this year it seems most of the PL seem to want centre half's.

I do not think what you say is entirely correct in that silva was very cautious in what he said because he can hardly blame his bosses in the way slav did BUT maybe they are trying hard but management is about gett8ing results and for each of three promotions, we have failed in one way or another to get our purchasing correct. And seeing as marco mentioned alistair and Tony as the leading players in getting new players in, then the failure to succeed must be with them. If it was one player, like solomon with a very special circumstance, we understand that, but to have way to few players and no new centre backs, then this is a failure of the management team. In any other business the two of them would have been shown the door for the repeated failures in this respect. MAF would surely have replaced both of them years ago.

filham

After those remarks selling clubs will realise we are now desperate for certain players and 20% will be added to transfer fees.

Somerset Fulham

If they didn't know that we needed centre halves before that interview then the other clubs you speak of are in a much worse state than us. Its obvious to everyone, which is why the continual bleating about is so tedious.

Somerset Fulham

Parker on Bournemouth:

"It's obviously clear that we barely have any defenders. We've lost eight at the start of the season, at this present time the squad is much weaker than when we got promoted. It's difficult. We need to work out what we want to be , how ambitious we want to be this year in terms of us and how competitive we want to be."

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/parkers-comments-today.16176/

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 01, 2022, 11:15:06 AM
Parker on Bournemouth:

"It's obviously clear that we barely have any defenders. We've lost eight at the start of the season, at this present time the squad is much weaker than when we got promoted. It's difficult. We need to work out what we want to be , how ambitious we want to be this year in terms of us and how competitive we want to be."

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/parkers-comments-today.16176/

Sounds eerily familiar.