https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker sacked - Merged

Started by 3rdgenfan, August 30, 2022, 08:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: joef on August 30, 2022, 12:17:39 PM
Quote from: Carborundum on August 30, 2022, 12:10:19 PM
Can't feel remotely sorry for him.  Not so much the payout he gets, but the way he viewed life in the premier league first with Fulham and now with Bournemouth.  It's completely clear he sees some games as lost before they kick off.  The only way to stay up is to go as hard as possible in every single game and see what happens.  Bournemouth didn't do that on Saturday. It shows in how deep they defended for the early goals.  Ridiculous amounts of space between six yard line and edge of box.  You can't do that and as gaffer when he saw it for the first goal it's his job to do something about it there and then.  Abject.

Suspect his game plan will turn to sofa based punditry now.  TV remote control sales to rocket as off buttons fail to cope with increased usage.

He can't be a pundit, when he talks it's just mumbling inarticulate drivel

Which puts him on a par with most every pundit out there.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

H4usuallysitting

Parker was right.... Mitro isn't good enough for the prem

Steeeeeeeeeed

They talk about Yo-Yo clubs, he is THE Yo-Yo manager.

I do think that it was harsh to sack him after those fixtures, and surely deserved anothe 2 games at least at teams more their level... But his whole demeanour the other day was like he had already gone, he was just SO negative.

Hatch007

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 30, 2022, 03:47:17 PM
Thanks buddy. Its always hard isn't it when a new manager comes in and the old fans can seem bitter. However with Parker it was justified. Im sure when Bmouth see club legends like Steve Cook liking his sacking they understand what we meant. The guy needs to sort himself out before his next job... I wonder where he will turn up. Sunderland maybe?
Really? Wow that's an appalling indictment on Parker.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on August 30, 2022, 10:31:01 PM

I do think that it was harsh to sack him after those fixtures, and surely deserved anothe 2 games at least at teams more their level... But his whole demeanour the other day was like he had already gone, he was just SO negative.

Bournemouth should wake up and realise that with the current squad, yo-yoing is the best any manager, that AFC can afford, can do and yo-yoing is a better result than some of three relegated teams will do. In fact they probably need to upgrade their goalkeeper, full backs and wingers just to yo-yo with a good manager.

NWCherries

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on August 30, 2022, 10:31:01 PM

He was 100% sacked because of his arrogant, cowardly victim mentality. He was literally backed substantially in January, proceeded to talk up these signings as being "built for the premier league", and then proceeded to bin them all from matchday squads cos we were "unequipped to compete".

I know he was like this for you, but I don't think he ever raked your players through the coals to the extent that he did ours, purely to hide his own shortcomings. I couldn't believe some of the shite he was coming out of with. And god knows what he was like behind the scenes with our owner, who in the balance of things is an excellent owner and has been for nearly a decade. He would've ruined us. I don't even care if we go down, at least we won't be £100 million deep in the more now. Thank love he's gone.

Surlyc

Quote from: NWCherries on August 31, 2022, 03:23:37 PM
I know he was like this for you, but I don't think he ever raked your players through the coals to the extent that he did ours, purely to hide his own shortcomings.
He was never so openly critical of players or board, but he endlessly complained of having no PL level strikers while Mitrovic sat on the bench losing fitness. It is Parker's way or no way, that can't be fun for owners or for players.

Bournemouth, like Fulham, are better off without Parker.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

More of "them moments" I'm afraid.

Mince n Tatties

He wasn't sacked for the 9-0,it was for challenging  the owners,he's crafty at working his payoffs from clubs.

FFCBadger

From the Bournemouth messageboard thread on new managers:

"Giggs is available for a year or so..."

064.gif

Steeeeeeeeeed

love4ffc

Can I for one just say, I hope this puts the Parker threads to rest.  At least for a few months  :016:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Thailand Mick

:plus one:
Quote from: love4ffc on September 01, 2022, 05:50:05 AM
Can I for one just say, I hope this puts the Parker threads to rest.  At least for a few months  :016:
:plus one: