watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker sacked - Merged

Started by 3rdgenfan, August 30, 2022, 08:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarkey

It's not just Mitro he ruined, he took Cairney's confidence away and fell out with Ream which is really difficult.He made awful decisions, not least picking Cavaleiro all the time as a central striker. He was terrible.

This is just more of the same. It's a shame because I was backing on Bournemouth keeping him long enough to make relegation certain for them.

Somerset Fulham

He probably broke Cav as well to be honest.

LittleErn

Quote from: Mokes on August 30, 2022, 11:04:17 AM
It had to have been that post match interview that was the final straw. He literally said in the interview that 0-9 was not an indication that the team didn't play their best, but that that was the level that they are and they couldn't do any better. That has got to be the ultimate disrespect to the players. There is no way he was coming back from that with them.

The fact that he is a terrible manager doesn't help his cause either. He is saying that none of his players are good enough to complete in the PL, yet if you look at us.  our current first team is pretty much half the players that he deemed not good enough for the PL either. Ream, Mitro, BDR, Kebano, Rodak could never get a look in with Parker and they have been really solid this year.

Says it all. He is downbeat, pessimistic, and lacks motivational "nous". I remember posting on here while he was with us that he was inarticulate and I got crucified for it. In my opinion, he talks in meaningless platitudes about the game and his team.  He may be a nice bloke, but I'd rather watch a Silva team lose 5-4 than watch a Parker team grind out a 1-0. Many will say it is all about the results, but for me it is all about the performance and the entertainment.

NWCherries

Bournemouth fan in peace here. I believe the below video says it all:

https://youtu.be/edyVNlo5uW0

NWCherries

In all seriousness, as a Bournemouth fan the signs were always there from the start. It was harder for us to see what you were referring to, because we did have such a brilliant start to the season. We had youth players coming in, the unbeaten start, and this was all in contrast to Jason Tindall and Woodgate.

It's gotten very ugly, very quickly. He's got a lot of growing up to do if he wants to make it long term as a football manager. But you lot have had a great start, I've never really had a problem with Fulham at all. You lot seem to be the only ones that seem to understand how we're feeling right now. Maybe you might even get some vindication at finally seeing him sacked, even if it helps us in the long term!  :005:

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Rock

I have actually heard SP is not very nice by some - I am sure there are different views.

Going from knowing the project you are taking on to losing all faith in the team and your ability to do the job/slagging the owners seems poor form.

The Rock

Quote from: NWCherries on August 30, 2022, 03:22:57 PM
In all seriousness, as a Bournemouth fan the signs were always there from the start. It was harder for us to see what you were referring to, because we did have such a brilliant start to the season. We had youth players coming in, the unbeaten start, and this was all in contrast to Jason Tindall and Woodgate.

It's gotten very ugly, very quickly. He's got a lot of growing up to do if he wants to make it long term as a football manager. But you lot have had a great start, I've never really had a problem with Fulham at all. You lot seem to be the only ones that seem to understand how we're feeling right now. Maybe you might even get some vindication at finally seeing him sacked, even if it helps us in the long term!  :005:

Fair play and been interesting to watch your train wreck that we all more or less saw coming to a certain extent. Good luck the rest of the season except when we meet of course.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: NWCherries on August 30, 2022, 03:22:57 PM

Thanks buddy. Its always hard isn't it when a new manager comes in and the old fans can seem bitter. However with Parker it was justified. Im sure when Bmouth see club legends like Steve Cook liking his sacking they understand what we meant. The guy needs to sort himself out before his next job... I wonder where he will turn up. Sunderland maybe?

3 Cherries

A four stripe Thom Browne cardigan sells on line for £1,320

Surlyc

When he forced out Steve Cook for Nat Phillips, that was a red flag for me. Parker seemed very keen to isolate and force out any senior players here (e.g. Mitrovic, McDonald, Johansen) as he stamped his vision on the side, but it turns out his vision was more than a little lacking and the whole thing ended in tears. I was supportive of Parker, but the last 14 months have shown that him leaving was great for us.

Unlike most of our former players, I have very little positive memories of Parker. Just a shame that Bournemouth will now likely improve!

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: 3 Cherries on August 30, 2022, 04:14:22 PM
A four stripe Thom Browne cardigan sells on line for £1,320

And it never looked like it fitted properly.
What a joke!

Cobh Fulham Fan

So Scotty was finally beamed up from Bournemouth. Good luck to him.

ah well, perhaps the never ending hangover-nightmare that many on here has suffered with since his stint here, will now fade away and we can all now concentrate on our own team and manager!  049:gif

Jem

Quote from: Moonraker on August 30, 2022, 11:17:51 AM
Parker had it coming as Bournemouth did not back him in the transfer market, so I presume they were fed up with him by the end of last season.

He could have ruined Mitrovich's career that way he treated him the last time we were in the Premier League.

He will now have plenty of time to develop a new playing strategy ParkerDole
I think your point about Mitrovich is valid. Very poor man management cost us.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

perry geyton

perry geyton

Nero

Quote from: perry geyton on August 30, 2022, 05:44:23 PM
Rochdale bound

Now he'll replace Bruce at WBA if he doesnt improve soon

Colton F.C.

We'll always have Wembley (Paris)
ⓒ Bogart 1942

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Colton F.C. on August 30, 2022, 06:47:11 PM
We'll always have Wembley (Paris)
ⓒ Bogart 1942

Could always be the beginning of a whole new relationship...