more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker sacked - Merged

Started by 3rdgenfan, August 30, 2022, 08:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: filham on August 30, 2022, 09:45:31 AM
I felt betrayed by the manner in which Parker left Fulham , he was looking for the move to Bournmouth and trying to engineer a Fulham sacking with a good pay day at the same time. In spite of the boring "Parker Ball" I had supported him as manager thinking that his time here as player and coach meant he had a little Fulham blood in his veins.
Never really understood why he was so keen to move to Bournmouth ,unless there was good money on the table, and am now even more puzzled by his exit only four games after a promotion season.
Is this post a wind up, if not Parker had best write a book telling all.
Not looking for arguments but is there any factual evidence that
"he was looking for the move to Bournmouth and trying to engineer a Fulham sacking with a good pay day at the same time".  Not saying that wasn't the case, but always wondered where that information came from.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sunburywhite

Thats good, I backed him at 17/2 to be the first manager a few days ago
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Nero

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 30, 2022, 10:11:08 AM
Thats good, I backed him at 17/2 to be the first manager a few days ago

Put half your winnings on him being next WBA manager, they havent started well

FFCBadger

The issues at Bomo go far beyond match day. It's a shell of a club and I fully expect worse to come from them over the next few seasons...even with parachute payments.

SP will be fine

filham

This is the second Parker sacked post, I am beginning to believe it now.

Mods note, this news , only 4 games into the season is so unbelievable that 2 posts are needed to give it credibility.

CheshireWhite

Didn't think the Liverpool result would finish him, thought the next two games Wolves (H) and Forest (A) with a couple of results might have saved him! Either way, done is done!

Lighthouse

I think it is madness to sack a manager at this time. They bought heavily to get them promoted and they have started ok except for the last result. He clearly doesn't get on with some in the club. But for the club itself having already spent out it is quite a gamble.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tabby

Quote from: CheshireWhite on August 30, 2022, 10:29:30 AM

Didn't think the Liverpool result would finish him, thought the next two games Wolves (H) and Forest (A) with a couple of results might have saved him! Either way, done is done!

Think it is comments like when he came out and said that he believes that there will be several more 9-0 drubbings (or similarly bad results) to come and constantly writing off of their players as not good enough. Compare how he talks about chances to Marco who is rightly annoyed at the lack of transfers, but Marco has been very clear in backing the players who are here to perform.

We Are Premier League

Sounds like the club had enough of his behavior and complaints about transfers...

...it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably. We must also show belief in and respect for one another. That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now...

Jules

Quote from: Tabby on August 30, 2022, 10:34:48 AM
Quote from: CheshireWhite on August 30, 2022, 10:29:30 AM

Think it is comments like when he came out and said that he believes that there will be several more 9-0 drubbings (or similarly bad results) to come and constantly writing off of their players as not good enough. Compare how he talks about chances to Marco who is rightly annoyed at the lack of transfers, but Marco has been very clear in backing the players who are here to perform.
I think from his comments he was trying to get sacked and hence another payout. I don t think he believes he can keep them up, so had publicly tried to defend his own position and deflect the blame on lack of depth, quality and the players themselves. Was hoping they would persevere with him longer as now they could get someone else in and possibly get a siege mentality 'bounce' in results.

General

He's a ons trick pony emotionally. At fulham he was backed and had a squad capable of staying up. He couldn't figure it out then and there was no way he was going to do it at a smaller club, historically, financially, stadium wise and away from London. As nice as Bournemouth may be.

The key part of Bournemouths sacking statement is that you essentially have to respect people- he was either deliberately trying to get himself sacked or being particularly stupid by criticising not only the club and its transfer policy or lack thereof but also when he started saying the players weren't good enough.

That's what leads to an unmotivated team and 9-0 losses.

Bournemouth I don't think, simply put, have the capacity to compete now bigger clubs and bigger investment is going into the league.

Leeds, forest are much bigger clubs in bigger cities with more history and infrastructure to support competitive sides.

Those two will make it much harder for the likes of Bournemouth to be competitive unless they evolve.

Andy S

He Will get a job as a pundit on the telly for the World Cup and after that he may make a comeback as a championship manager to try again

jayffc

Quote from: Twig on August 30, 2022, 08:55:20 AM
Yep, just read this. Wow, where does he go now?

He'll get another Championship job... Has 2 Promotions on his CV....albeit I think that flatters him because he had 2 very good squads and scraped the playoffs with us when he should have got autos tbh.

Mokes

It had to have been that post match interview that was the final straw. He literally said in the interview that 0-9 was not an indication that the team didn't play their best, but that that was the level that they are and they couldn't do any better. That has got to be the ultimate disrespect to the players. There is no way he was coming back from that with them.

The fact that he is a terrible manager doesn't help his cause either. He is saying that none of his players are good enough to complete in the PL, yet if you look at us.  our current first team is pretty much half the players that he deemed not good enough for the PL either. Ream, Mitro, BDR, Kebano, Rodak could never get a look in with Parker and they have been really solid this year.

gang

gang

Oakeshott

Bournemouth lost to Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool, I think. Plenty of other sides will (likely including us later in the season). Hardly a reason for sacking the manager.

He obviously irriated the owner by his comments, but so may MS with his most recent.

In my view, assuming the clubs are no better off, player-wise, by the end of the transfer period, both managers will have been let down by owners who have little conception of what it takes to build a team that can hold its own in the Premiership. If we don't make some further decent signings, I'd not blame MS for walking away. Yes, we have undoubtedly made some, but plainly have a squad so thin that crucial injuries will make winning points next to impossible. If Mitro picks up a long term injury with the squad we have currently, we will be deep in the brown and squishy.

ianthailand

Quote from: Tabby on August 30, 2022, 09:04:38 AM
064.gif
+1. Those that live by the sword, die by the sword. Anybody want to help him with his mortgage on his new mansion?

Moonraker

Parker had it coming as Bournemouth did not back him in the transfer market, so I presume they were fed up with him by the end of last season.

He could have ruined Mitrovich's career that way he treated him the last time we were in the Premier League.

He will now have plenty of time to develop a new playing strategy ParkerDole

Fulham 442

Ben: Parker has form re: blaming the quality of his squad for not achieving goals. His two squads at Fulham (19/20 & 20/21) were far better than their league positions and performances under him suggested. Think Bournemouth saw history repeating itself and acted promptly.

This sums it up well, from the BBC Sport Football page...