more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker sacked - Merged

Started by 3rdgenfan, August 30, 2022, 08:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberto w6

Not good for us.
They'll get a new manager in (possibly Dyche?) who will give them a feel good factor and a string of positive results. The Bournemouth board may also be panicked into spending big (either in the next few days or January).
I thought they were the one team who we would definitely finish above

cookieg

Quote from: junior white on August 30, 2022, 08:56:19 AM
Quote from: DevonFFC on August 30, 2022, 08:55:21 AM
Feel sorry for him
I don't, he tried to orchestrate his own way out and hold us to ransom at the same time

No sympathy from me. Awful football at CC and even after a couple of good results last year where we showed we had it in us to survive he reverted back to try not to lose rather than try to win football.

MikeTheCubed

hovewhite

Every manager no matter how good get sacked even ones that think they no better than DOFs.

simplyfulham

Herbie

The statement (on BBC sport) makes interesting reading.  It reads to me as though there was a bit of a debate in the boardroom around transfers which didn't end well for Parker.  The statement includes "Run the club sustainably" and mentions showing "belief in and respect for one another".

Nero

We finally have the answer, the strips on his Cardie was the number of games he lasted   :005:

Deeping_white

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on August 30, 2022, 09:12:11 AM
Bad news for us.

Why? Their squad is awful, if we can't finish above them we deserve to go down

Fulham 442

Quote from: roberto w6 on August 30, 2022, 09:11:45 AM
Not good for us.
They'll get a new manager in (possibly Dyche?) who will give them a feel good factor and a string of positive results. The Bournemouth board may also be panicked into spending big (either in the next few days or January).
Yes I agree with this too, I was happy for him to stay there and lead them to relegation with his negative and boring football.  Don't feel in any way sorry for him though!

Nero

Quote from: Fulham 442 on August 30, 2022, 09:14:50 AM
Quote from: roberto w6 on August 30, 2022, 09:11:45 AM
Not good for us.
Yes I agree with this too, I was happy for him to stay there and lead them to relegation with his negative and boring football.  Don't feel in any way sorry for him though!

Quick read of their forum, there fans dont feel sorry for him at all

Thailand Mick

Very strange timing with only two days left of the transfer window open. They probably have more points than anyone could expect from their first four games and if it was strained relationship between him and his chairman why not sack him last week and give a new manager a week to find some new players. As I mentioned in another post how about a cheeky bid for Solanke.

Wingnut

Feel sorry for him

Same here. Surprised that Bournemouth have done this. One bad defeat, against a team that could hammer most teams in the division, and they sack the manager. He's right about their transfer dealings. They didn't back him. Strange time to do it with the transfer window closing.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Nero

Quote from: Wingnut on August 30, 2022, 09:17:53 AM
Feel sorry for him

Same here. Surprised that Bournemouth have done this. One bad defeat, against a team that could hammer most teams in the division, and they sack the manager. He's right about their transfer dealings. They didn't back him. Strange time to do it with the transfer window closing.

They backed him to get out of the league, he spent a lot of money last year on a squad that was good enough to get out of the league remember they where romping the league at the start of the season and where lucky to finish 2nd in the end.

Wingnut

Quote from: Herbie on August 30, 2022, 09:12:58 AM
The statement (on BBC sport) makes interesting reading.  It reads to me as though there was a bit of a debate in the boardroom around transfers which didn't end well for Parker.  The statement includes "Run the club sustainably" and mentions showing "belief in and respect for one another".

Yep, looks like Parker was looking for support in the transfer market, and the people upstairs don't want to spend the PL money on transfer i.e. run the club sustainably. The good news for us it that they are on heading back to the Championship with that squad and that mentality.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wingnut

Quote from: Nero on August 30, 2022, 09:21:08 AM
Quote from: Wingnut on August 30, 2022, 09:17:53 AM
Feel sorry for him

They backed him to get out of the league, he spent a lot of money last year on a squad that was good enough to get out of the league remember they where romping the league at the start of the season and where lucky to finish 2nd in the end.

Agree with you re: last season, but that squad is not going to survive in this league. They need to sign some PL quality players badly if they want to stay up.

hovewhite

2days left to sign ?how many?

Pluto

I was looking forward to him continuing to be a terrible manager and us getting an easy 6pts off them. I feel like people will consider him hard done by now and he won't be exposed as the fraud he is, which is a shame.

Statement reads like he annoyed someone upstairs. Ironic considering his comments when he joined them about having "a shared mission" etc.

Wonder if they have Dyche lined up and are worried that Villa will sack Gerrard and move for him first? Can't think of anyone else who would go there?

Twig

They'll still go down, I don't care who they sign. Parker built that squad last Jan with a view not just to promotion but to staying up as well. The squad hasn't proved good enough and that's mainly down to him.

Wingnut

Quote from: Pluto on August 30, 2022, 09:26:54 AM
Wonder if they have Dyche lined up and are worried that Villa will sack Gerrard and move for him first? Can't think of anyone else who would go there?

I can see Rodgers parting company at Leicester soon also. Slightly worried that clubs might start sniffing around Marco to be honest.

Grassy Noel

The alternative fashion industry is in disbelief.