https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker sacked - Merged

Started by 3rdgenfan, August 30, 2022, 08:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

Quote from: Wingnut on August 30, 2022, 09:31:22 AM
Quote from: Pluto on August 30, 2022, 09:26:54 AM
Wonder if they have Dyche lined up and are worried that Villa will sack Gerrard and move for him first? Can't think of anyone else who would go there?

I can see Rodgers parting company at Leicester soon also. Slightly worried that clubs might start sniffing around Marco to be honest.

I don't think he'd leave us for Leicester or Villa. Learnt his lesson from the Everton thing.

toshes mate

It seems there has been 'a row' involving the owner, and so nothing new there.  I would remind people here that when we lost to Burnley and were relegated to the Championship our head coach said he still hadn't heard from the Khans forty eight hours later.  Was that said to evoke our sympathy with his seeming plight of being in no man's land when his actual 'hope' was being given the sack so he could happily go to Bournemouth and receive a hefty pay off at the same time?  Micah Richards claims the guy is too honest - which kind of gives us a clear picture why football is sometimes the disaster it is - but to be brutally honest if you cannot deal with the rough then you have no right to expect the smooth.

This will either make him or break him.

H4usuallysitting

Oh dear....wonder if he orchestrated his own sacking

filham

I felt betrayed by the manner in which Parker left Fulham , he was looking for the move to Bournmouth and trying to engineer a Fulham sacking with a good pay day at the same time. In spite of the boring "Parker Ball" I had supported him as manager thinking that his time here as player and coach meant he had a little Fulham blood in his veins.
Never really understood why he was so keen to move to Bournmouth ,unless there was good money on the table, and am now even more puzzled by his exit only four games after a promotion season.
Is this post a wind up, if not Parker had best write a book telling all.

Caedal

Who knew that constantly slagging off the people that employ you could get you fired....

Blawarmy

At least he'll get another nice
payout

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

fulhamfever

I don't feel sorry for a Millionaire losing his job he is set for life. SP has to adapt and not go with my way or the high way. He needs to reflect on his style and change a little.

Marco will not leave Fulham for LCFC as they are not intending on spending money on the squad. However, the chairman's son who is now in charge of the club following the unfortunate death of the owner see's the club differently e.g. not spending money and selling players for maximum profit e.g. Fofana

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Pluto on August 30, 2022, 09:36:22 AM
Quote from: Wingnut on August 30, 2022, 09:31:22 AM
Quote from: Pluto on August 30, 2022, 09:26:54 AM
Wonder if they have Dyche lined up and are worried that Villa will sack Gerrard and move for him first? Can't think of anyone else who would go there?

I can see Rodgers parting company at Leicester soon also. Slightly worried that clubs might start sniffing around Marco to be honest.

I don't think he'd leave us for Leicester or Villa. Learnt his lesson from the Everton thing.

Has any manager of ours ever gone on to 'better' things?  Some like Roy got a quick awakening.

blingo

Poor Parker ......how anyone on here can feel sorry for him and call themselves a Fulham fan is beyond me.

FFC1987

I take no joy in this despite my dislike for Parker as a manager. I called it. But thats hallow when a mans (persons) job is lost.

Tabby

As I've said on different posts, Parker is in the same vein as Lampard and Gerrard. Fine managers for a temporary rally in a team bereft of confidence or just adding some extra motivation when you're presiding over a dominant team. When the going gets tough they lash out at everyone else.

Seems that a fair bit of the media is buying his crocodile tears, wonder what board will be foolish enough to get him in the next time.

Tabby

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 30, 2022, 09:51:01 AM
I take no joy in this despite my dislike for Parker as a manager. I called it. But thats hallow when a mans (persons) job is lost.

He will get several millions in compensation, think he'll be fine.

FFC1987

Quote from: Tabby on August 30, 2022, 09:52:10 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 30, 2022, 09:51:01 AM

He will get several millions in compensation, think he'll be fine.

True, but its never pleasant. Relocate family etc.

rebel

Quote from: Blawarmy on August 30, 2022, 09:47:49 AM
At least he'll get another nice
payout

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Only job where failure leads to 'monetary' success.

Buffalo76

He'll get a nice big pay off so no sympathy from me.

ron

He has an established place on the 'manager merry-go-round' where every so often a circuit is completed, he picks up £x and moves on to where Parkerball guarantees the next golden goodbye.

So I wouldn't waste too many tears on him.

Snibbo

Yes, contract payout, unless they can prove misconduct.  He was trying to get paid out by us whilst manoeuvring to Bournemouth. He's set for life.  Honest? Got to be joking

Nero

Quote from: Wingnut on August 30, 2022, 09:24:11 AM
Quote from: Nero on August 30, 2022, 09:21:08 AM
Quote from: Wingnut on August 30, 2022, 09:17:53 AM
Quote from: DevonFFC on August 30, 2022, 08:55:21 AM
Feel sorry for him
Same here. Surprised that Bournemouth have done this. One bad defeat, against a team that could hammer most teams in the division, and they sack the manager. He's right about their transfer dealings. They didn't back him. Strange time to do it with the transfer window closing.

They backed him to get out of the league, he spent a lot of money last year on a squad that was good enough to get out of the league remember they where romping the league at the start of the season and where lucky to finish 2nd in the end.

Agree with you re: last season, but that squad is not going to survive in this league. They need to sign some PL quality players badly if they want to stay up.

11  players with premier league experience promoted and added a couple more and some good youngsters,

bencher

Quote from: Tabby on August 30, 2022, 09:51:37 AM
As I've said on different posts, Parker is in the same vein as Lampard and Gerrard. Fine managers for a temporary rally in a team bereft of confidence or just adding some extra motivation when you're presiding over a dominant team. When the going gets tough they lash out at everyone else.

Seems that a fair bit of the media is buying his crocodile tears, wonder what board will be foolish enough to get him in the next time.

Very rarely do the best players become the best managers. Zidane is a bit of an enigma, in that he has been very successful but is not widely regarded as a managerial star.

The top managers around over the last 20 years have mostly been average or worse as players. Wenger, Mourinho, Ferguson, Klopp, Benitez, Potter looking a decent candidate, none of them outstanding footballers. Guardiola and Ancelotti were quality players but are the exceptions to the trend. It's a totally different skillset and it won't be long before Gerrard and Lampard join Keane and Neville in the studios again.

Bill2

Quote from: Middlesexclub on August 30, 2022, 09:00:51 AM
Yet their fans were so pleased to get him.
Not from what a couple of their fans said to me at the away game last season. Asked if we wanted him back.