more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we interested in the World Cup Now

Started by filham, November 21, 2022, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FriendofFulhamDodger

Quote from: filham on November 29, 2022, 09:18:59 PM
Well the only ones to really celebrate just now are the Americans, their fans must be well pleased with the results and their team's performances.

They played another very good half (similiar to Eng) and then held on for life. Will be tough vs the Dutch though especially if without Pulisic.

Ream has been great in the group round and continued that today as has the starting midfield Musah (Valencia), Adams (Leeds), McKennie (Juve). But there is not much quality depth.

Fulham33

US defence. 3 games, no goals conceded from open play. Well done our oals2. (you can come home soon, please). Seriously their problem will be scoring goals.

alfie

Tunisia beating France, Australia beating Denmark,  where is this World Cup going to end up.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on November 30, 2022, 05:13:34 PM
Tunisia beating France, Australia beating Denmark,  where is this World Cup going to end up.

Over my Fire Place i hope.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 30, 2022, 06:08:29 PM
Quote from: alfie on November 30, 2022, 05:13:34 PM

Over my Fire Place i hope.
That means you will have to stop warming your backside and turn around and watch it Because it is getting quite interesting.

SP

Definitely getting interesting tonight.

I Ronic

Japan beating Spain and Costa Rica drawing with the Germans.

recky

Tonight matches were freakin awesome,and some people here don't like WC.The pinnacle of football game. 064.gif
                                                                       0001.gif

Dodgin

Quite exciting tonight had two screens on, bit of a moment when both Germany and Spain could have gone.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Well, Portugal and Brazil can beat them still when they play tomorrow...but So Far England have the best record of the group games. 7 points and +7 Goal difference.

Been a funny old World Cup so far, yes the upsets have been great, but there feels like a genuine lack of quality around, and I have found many games to be very very dull in the first half, then suddenly get rather good in the 2nd.

alfie

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on December 01, 2022, 11:27:26 PM
Well, Portugal and Brazil can beat them still when they play tomorrow...but So Far England have the best record of the group games. 7 points and +7 Goal difference.

Been a funny old World Cup so far, yes the upsets have been great, but there feels like a genuine lack of quality around, and I have found many games to be very very dull in the first half, then suddenly get rather good in the 2nd.
Not sure it's a lack of quality, I reckon it's more that those teams that are supposedly inferior are not so inferior anymore, there is some real quality in these underdogs that are shining through.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

davew

What a night of great football, well played Japan and as for Germany they think it is all over, well it is now!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

WindyCity

Quote from: Dodgin on December 01, 2022, 10:16:17 PM
Quite exciting tonight had two screens on, bit of a moment when both Germany and Spain could have gone.

Yep, true that.  I was flipping back and forth.  Haha.......

Tabby

South Korea through ahead of Ghana and Uruguay as well. Been a few upsets this group stage.

Lester Burnham

Really happy to see S. Korea go thru at the expense of Uruguay. Some small compensation for Ghana being the ones to help put the Uruguayans out.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Lester Burnham on December 02, 2022, 05:30:30 PM
Really happy to see S. Korea go thru at the expense of Uruguay. Some small compensation for Ghana being the ones to help put the Uruguayans out.
Agree!

Steeeeeeeeeed

I am sure the Ghanaians were enjoying Suarez crying at the end 😊

Twig

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 02, 2022, 05:46:52 PM
Quote from: Lester Burnham on December 02, 2022, 05:30:30 PM
Agree!

Yep I'd go along with that too.

Twig

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on December 02, 2022, 06:43:06 PM
I am sure the Ghanaians were enjoying Suarez crying at the end 😊

Well I certainly was.

SP

Serbia v Switzerland feels such an evenly balanced match, should be interesting