watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we interested in the World Cup Now

Started by filham, November 21, 2022, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambridge Away

I don't get how boycotting it from your sofa does anything. It's not like you are boycotting buying something.
Just keep talking about how backward and corrupt the Qataris are as people in their oil funded, generally uninhabitable home, and don't forget people like David Beckham and Morgan Freeman were on their payroll. As are plenty of politicians. The devils hide in plain sight.
Come on Gareth and the boys!

filham

Quote from: Cambridge Away on November 21, 2022, 06:45:38 PM
I don't get how boycotting it from your sofa does anything. It's not like you are boycotting buying something.
Just keep talking about how backward and corrupt the Qataris are as people in their oil funded, generally uninhabitable home, and don't forget people like David Beckham and Morgan Freeman were on their payroll. As are plenty of politicians. The devils hide in plain sight.
I would have thought that low TV viewing figures woould have sent a message to the organisers,

SP

I know very little about the non-Fulham players but I'm feeling it'll be a win for the USA tonight.

alfie

Quote from: filham on November 21, 2022, 06:53:23 PM
I would have thought that low TV viewing figures woould have sent a message to the organisers,
Personally I don't think the organisation will particularly notice. The tournament has started and I will support my nation till the end, always have always will.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Cambridge Away

Quote from: filham on November 21, 2022, 06:53:23 PM
Stream it?

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HV71

Yes - it's been attack vs defence so far - fully deserved

cmg

Activity on the Wales bench as they are about to put on an elecrically heated towel airer.
That should stir up a bit of interest from our fanatical contributors.

Roberty

Zero interest from me - it is an example of the way that the corrupt, fawning, money grabbing creature called FIFA works

No beer in the Stadia - why did the Qatari's agree to it in the first place ?
The replay should have been - fine, we're off and will arrange a replacement world cup in the summer

No arm bands to support liberty
The reply should have been - all the players in all the teams, will wear them !
By the end of the second game - none of the countries would have enough players to field a team - so end of tournament !

Instead - FIFA and our fine country - will roll over so you can tickle their tummy !
If that happened - no matter how much you searched - you would not find any BA**S
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

SP

John Hartson has to be in the top 3 worst commentators.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: SP on November 21, 2022, 08:46:00 PM
His co commentator doesn't exactly inspire
Has he mentioned us yet? It's almost like he is trying not to. And blamed Ream for the penalty, then didn't correct himself (blaming the wrong pony tail)

SP

Quote from: Cambridge Away on November 21, 2022, 08:58:39 PM
Quote from: SP on November 21, 2022, 08:46:00 PM
His co commentator doesn't exactly inspire
Has he mentioned us yet? It's almost like he is trying not to. And blamed Ream for the penalty, then didn't correct himself (blaming the wrong pony tail)

I noticed that. The Brighton forum I look in on is banging on about Tim conceding the penalty & how he's always been pony - can't believe they didn't spot the 20 something year age difference.

filham

Game of two halves with welsh fans happy because of the 2nd half fighting Welsh performance.
I am just worried about Harry Wilson limping off with an injury.

SP

Now Sky are reporting it was Tim who gave the penalty away.

Benny

We still let in 2 goals against one of the worst teams in the competition

will be undone against anyone half decent imo but you never know

Twig

BBC text also says it was Tim who conceded the penalty. Can I ask who it actually was and why have all the media organisations got it wrong?

Whitestone

It was Zimmerman who went straight through the back of Bale.

cmg

Quote from: Whitestone on November 21, 2022, 09:39:42 PM
It was Zimmerman who went straight through the back of Bale.

Extraordinary, and extraordinarily disappointing, that a number of fans and, it seems, a number of highly paid 'expert' commentators, can't tell the difference between Tim Ream and his grandson.

Somerset Fulham

I honestly couldn't care less.

Those who know know that it wasn't Ream.

Lester Burnham

Quote from: Whitestone on November 21, 2022, 05:15:16 PM
I understand that some have good reasons for not getting involved in this particular World Cup but what I don't get is the negativity towards the England football team, whilst the rest of the world seem to be able to passionately support their country. It's quite strange really.

Getting back to the game, England were magnificent, playing with some style and swagger and were on the front foot from the off. Definitely not the usual Southgate stuff. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the USA v Wales game later and keeping my fingers crossed for a USA win.
+1