Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 28, 2022, 03:48:38 AM
Quote from: filham on November 26, 2022, 10:10:53 PM
Quote from: cmg on November 26, 2022, 08:32:56 PM
Quote from: Pluto on November 26, 2022, 06:17:15 PM
I don't think Robinson is out of contract until June 2024

I think you are 100% correct.
That is good news indeed although a post on  this board recently said it was June 2003 and therefore our only chance of getting a transfer fee for him was to sell this winter.

But people do like to have something to fret about.

Anthony Robinson contract ends in June 2024, but he can sign a contract with another club for the next season in January 2023, so if we want money for him we have to sell him in the summer of 2023 (or this winter). We cannot sell Anthony Robinson until he agrees, Anthony Robinson would be wise to wait as late as possible in the summer transfer window so probably leave close to deadline day and once we sell him we won't have much time to use the money to upgrade some position probably left back.

Hence, not selling him in the winter probably means selling him on next summers deadline day in the morning, buying a replacement in the afternoon and the new player playing the next game, which places FFC likely to get a bad start and into the potential relegation zone. So selling Robinson in the summer is not ideal.

It would be much better, if we got 9 to 15 points (maybe a dream) before the winter transfer window closes. Bringing us to 28 to 34 points (or any number of points likely to keep us up) before the winter transfer window ended and sold off all the players that aren't resigning for longer contracts. We would then have the money in the bank ready to buy players as they became available for the 2023-24 season. We might still buy players close to deadline day, but we would know both our budget and whether Robinson is staying.

As for all those criticising me because it is better to resign Robinson than sell him. I think everyone must accept that Fulham needs to place their "best and final offer" to his agent immediately with an idea of him signing it before the new year. If he won't sign a new contract, then he is moving on in the next 18 months and the only difference is the timing and price he leaves for, dragging it out won't help FFC. If he is offerred good money and won't resign after the world cup, then he will never resign and is leaving.

Fulham has two goals in the winter transfer window, first stay up (ie keep Robinson) and second rebuild for the follow on seasons (i.e. sell Robinson). Doing both is hard, unless we get 9 to 15 points before the winter transfer window closes because with 28 to 34 points we don't need Robinson to stay up.

If as you suggest we start selling our best and key players, how are we going to replace them with another player who has to be at least as good.
Because historically clubs who sell for the reasons you suggest will find that it is a recipe for going back from whence we came.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WolverineFFC on November 29, 2022, 12:26:39 PM
Quote from: MisfitKid on November 26, 2022, 11:33:09 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on November 26, 2022, 08:30:31 PM
Quote from: jayffc on November 26, 2022, 08:26:31 PM
I liked the look of Dest at RB on loan at Milan from Barca...if Tete continues to be an injury issue and if Barca don't want him next year?

Agree, I rate him

As a Yank, pass.  His defending is meh...

This. He really isn't a FB. Is best suited to wing back or even midfield in my opinion.

Dest is no defender for the English Premier League, he will get eaten alive.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFC In Oz on December 01, 2022, 08:21:22 AM
I might be biased but Harry Souttar has been outstanding the last two games.

We'd only ever kept one clean sheet in WC history now we have two in a row.  He is a massive part of that.

What i have seen so far of Harry Souttar, i do like the look of him.

Never forget your Roots.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 01, 2022, 08:46:42 AM

We'd only ever kept one clean sheet in WC history now we have two in a row.  He is a massive part of that.

He reminds me a bit of Joachim Andersen - purely for the fact that he can play a killer long diagonal (see the ball to Leckie that led to our goal against France).

His last ditch tackle in the dying minutes of the Tunisia game was unbelievable.

Couple that with the fact he scored 6 goals in qualifying (can always do with another threat from set pieces) and there's a legitimate player there.

Chutney

Quote from: dfwilson84 on November 27, 2022, 08:55:55 AM
Quote from: General on November 27, 2022, 05:25:00 AM
I'd go for the young Serbian CB everyone saying is going to be the next vidic.

That would be Pavlovic. Hes 21, left footed and a proper sh*thouse. He plays for Red Bull Salzberg so I suspect it would be a big fee to prize him away.

This is the sort of signing we can make (and should be trying to make) if we stay up.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Chutney on December 01, 2022, 09:57:13 AM
Quote from: dfwilson84 on November 27, 2022, 08:55:55 AM
Quote from: General on November 27, 2022, 05:25:00 AM
I'd go for the young Serbian CB everyone saying is going to be the next vidic.

That would be Pavlovic. Hes 21, left footed and a proper sh*thouse. He plays for Red Bull Salzberg so I suspect it would be a big fee to prize him away.

This is the sort of signing we can make (and should be trying to make) if we stay up.

Yes i like the look of him also and the way he destroys attacks and clears quickly.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFC In Oz on December 01, 2022, 08:50:05 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 01, 2022, 08:46:42 AM

He reminds me a bit of Joachim Andersen - purely for the fact that he can play a killer long diagonal (see the ball to Leckie that led to our goal against France).

His last ditch tackle in the dying minutes of the Tunisia game was unbelievable.

Couple that with the fact he scored 6 goals in qualifying (can always do with another threat from set pieces) and there's a legitimate player there.

I agree he has a presence about him and every time i have watched him he always seems to make an impact one way or another.

Never forget your Roots.

Thailand Mick

The player I was looking at before the world Cup was Southamptons CB Mohammed Salisu who's playing for Ghana. He's only 23 and his premier league stats are very good and he's left footed. Has loads of time to improve and if Southampton are relegated I would think he would be available for around 15m.

DadCreature

FishaPrice

Although we have Reed and Palhinha in his position, I have been extremely impressed by Tyler Adams. Leeds have a talent on their hands. 

@jolslover

I thought Boufal has been class for Morocco, 29 years of age so getting on a bit but I am sure we were linked in the summer ()
STH H3

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: @jolslover on December 08, 2022, 11:46:45 AM
I thought Boufal has been class for Morocco, 29 years of age so getting on a bit but I am sure we were linked in the summer ()

Isn't he a winger? If so, I don't think we can fit another winger into our squad.

WindyCity

Quote from: Tempest on November 29, 2022, 03:32:45 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 28, 2022, 11:46:05 AM
Weston Mckennie
Hopefully he's grown up, attitude on All or Nothing Juve was really poor, little respect shown to the managers or older players, diet too.
Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I used to be a fan of McKennie, but not so much anymore.  I think he just had one decent outing in all of the WC.  And he does bring some between the ears baggage along with him.  Right now anyway, I'd pass.....