watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, February 10, 2023, 01:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The injury to Reed and Cairney is a blow, it makes an opening for new signing Lukic but i suspect he is not bedded in sufficiently to start.

Leno
                                       Tete               Diop                 Ream          Robinson
                                                    BDR              Palhinha

Solomon                 Periera              Williian

Mitro

Twig

That would be my choice (assuming Reed is injured) and with Lukic on the bench to come on if we need to change up the mid field. There are lots of decent alternatives however so it will be interesting what Marco chooses to do.

SerbianLad

If Reed and Cairney are unavailable I'd go for:
             Leno
Tete Diop Ream Robinson
    Pereira Palhinha
BDR Solomon Willian
          Mitrovic

Or BDR in the middle Solomon on the left, Willian on the right.

If one of those two is available then he starts alongside Palhinha, Pereira moves back to his place and Solomon goes to the bench.

Whitestone

If Reed is out I reckon Silva will give Lukic his debut. He's a quality player who was signed for decent money. He's been with the squad for 10 days so there really is no reason for him to given more time to adjust to his new surroundings.

Sting of the North

I believe Lukic starts if both Reed and TC are out. That way Silva keeps 10/11's of his preferred staring line up and doesn't need to play anyone out of their usual position. Personally don't think Solomon has shown enough to really push for a start yet. Looks a step too slow in the important moments so far. I'm sure he'll get there though before the season is over.

I don't think that both will miss the game though, and suspect therefore that we will never get to know what he would have done.

Deeping_white

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on February 10, 2023, 01:53:06 PM

Of the two potential injuries, this is the better of the two outcomes.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sting of the North

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on February 10, 2023, 02:16:14 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on February 10, 2023, 01:53:06 PM

Of the two potential injuries, this is the better of the two outcomes.

To me it depends on how ready Silva considers Lukic to be. But I tend to agree, since we can start our usual lineup.

alfie

I see no reason why Luke's should not start.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

S.F.Sorrow

Excellent news. Lukic in Cairney's role as an impact sub then. Cairney was outstanding against Sunderland but Reed is a more important player for us in the PL.

MickyAdamsFamily

I love BDR, he's a true Swiss Army Knife player, and has performed admirably wherever he's been asked to play. That said, if Marco feels Reed is not 100% and wishes to rest him, I feel that he will use Sasa Lukic, who has been brought in specifically for this purpose. BDR would be more suitable to replace Perriera.

filham

If Reed is available, and that means 100% fit, then he has to start in his usual position.

Leno
                                                    Tete         Diop        Ream        Robinson

Reed                      Palhiha
                                                 BDR                    Periera                     Willian

Mitro

If we are struggling for a goal on the hour then Wilson or Solomon to replace BDR             

fulhamfever

Cairney's own fault that injury could of passed it to Mitro but decided to carry it on

General

Quote from: Whitestone on February 10, 2023, 01:48:07 PM
If Reed is out I reckon Silva will give Lukic his debut. He's a quality player who was signed for decent money. He's been with the squad for 10 days so there really is no reason for him to given more time to adjust to his new surroundings.

Think he'll stick with tried and tested, but I imagine we'll see Lukic on the bench and come on at some point. It actually works out well that Cairney is out as it gives Silva less excuses not to give him game time.

Lukic is fit and match fit too having played regularly at Torino so I don't think there'll be the issues he had with Kurzawa and Solomon (even solomon got on in the season opener vs Liverpool).

General

Quote from: filham on February 10, 2023, 03:58:20 PM
If Reed is available, and that means 100% fit, then he has to start in his usual position.

Leno
                                                    Tete         Diop        Ream        Robinson

Reed                      Palhiha
                                                 BDR                    Periera                     Willian

Mitro

*If we are struggling for a goal on the hour then Wilson or Solomon to replace BDR*           

Surely you mean Kurzawa - he's our most prolific goalscorer recently...

Sting of the North

Quote from: General on February 10, 2023, 04:44:25 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on February 10, 2023, 01:48:07 PM

Think he'll stick with tried and tested, but I imagine we'll see Lukic on the bench and come on at some point. It actually works out well that Cairney is out as it gives Silva less excuses not to give him game time.

Lukic is fit and match fit too having played regularly at Torino so I don't think there'll be the issues he had with Kurzawa and Solomon (even solomon got on in the season opener vs Liverpool).

Do you honestly think Silva wouldn't just use the players he believes gives us the best chance to win?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on February 10, 2023, 01:20:55 PM
The injury to Reed and Cairney is a blow, it makes an opening for new signing Lukic but i suspect he is not bedded in sufficiently to start.

Leno
                                                    BDR              Palhinha

Mitro

Lukic does not need a bed? he should be ready for anything and he should be busting a gut to play.
He is allegedly an athlete.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

TheCeiling

Leno
                                                                Reed             Palhinha

Mitro

This is our best firepower according to my own view (Solomon and Willian can change positions from time to time), I appreciate BDR and I think he's a real Swiss army knife, But as a winger Solomon offers more. With BDR I never feel he puts pressure on defenders. He often makes the 'right play' but barely creates anything of nowhere like Manor can. Also last game showed Manor can work a lot defensively as well. I'm running with him.

Would like to see Lukic getting minutes of the bench. Curios to see what player he is. Hopefully TC, BDR and Wilson can provide some spark off the bench. 

Let's go!!

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2023, 05:45:21 PM
Lukic does not need a bed? he should be ready for anything and he should be busting a gut to play.

Thank you very much for posting that Woolly.  I do not discount the fact that this is a team sport and there is some benefit for players to know each others' capabilities and tendencies.  BUT, this whole notion of 'bedding in' or 'gelling' I think is way way way overblown and too much is made of it, and sometimes can be used as a built in excuse.  These guys are pro athletes and, if fit, should be able to be 'plugged in' to action.  JMHO

RaySmith

Quote from: WindyCity on February 10, 2023, 06:27:34 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2023, 05:45:21 PM

Thank you very much for posting that Woolly.  I do not discount the fact that this is a team sport and there is some benefit for players to know each others' capabilities and tendencies.  BUT, this whole notion of 'bedding in' or 'gelling' I think is way way way overblown and too much is made of it, and sometimes can be used as a built in excuse.  These guys are pro athletes and, if fit, should be able to be 'plugged in' to action.  JMHO

Good points, and he's been training with the  squad for several days now, and I trust Marco and Boa, and the qualified coaches and physios, etc., they have available, to  make an informed decision on whether or not the bloke is ready to play in the forthcoming game.

Only one player, in a midfield position, a bit different than bringing a number of new players and sticking them in the team immediately, and if he is a good, and experienced, as  he's said to be, he should be able to adapt to our system of play quickly.