https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Valid question

Started by perry geyton, February 18, 2023, 11:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

Quote from: perry geyton on February 19, 2023, 12:20:04 AM
Quote from: General on February 19, 2023, 12:07:26 AM
Yeah, Brede. Tim doesn't come close in reality. One PL season and a few in the champ don't compare to saving us from PL relegation, top 7th finish and europa league final. Chalk and cheese. And also. Jangeland had a few suitors at the time and chose to stay, similar to Schwarzer, both of whom have mentioned since.
And Brede jumped ship the
Quote from: Count Flapula on February 19, 2023, 12:06:08 AM
Not a valid question. Brede all day.
When answering questions I'd appreciate an IMO at the end of it please

Brede got released against his will, there are a few Hangeland interviews where he says this.

Tim playing out of his skin at the moment, but has to be Brede for me - that European run is still our greatest achievement as a club and he was unbelievably good throughout it.

perry geyton

Tim negotiating his new contract minus an agent definitely raised my perception of him more then ever

perry geyton

Quote from: MayoDomo on February 18, 2023, 11:48:44 PM
As much as I love Tim at this moment, Brede did it year in year out for us.
I could have sworn Tim's been doing it year after year aswell, infact way more years then Brede.

Yes there was a couple of dodgy seasons but that was more due to who he was playing alongside, especially in the midfield

LC

Quote from: perry geyton on February 19, 2023, 05:23:29 PM
Quote from: MayoDomo on February 18, 2023, 11:48:44 PM
As much as I love Tim at this moment, Brede did it year in year out for us.
I could have sworn Tim's been doing it year after year aswell, infact way more years then Brede.

Yes there was a couple of dodgy seasons but that was more due to who he was playing alongside, especially in the midfield

No, Ream hasn't been doing it year in year out. He's performed well in the Championship but he hasn't when he played in the PL. To be fair, you could argue this is due to players around him etc, I think it's got more to do with the fact that Ream has stepped him this season. The fact is, Hangeland was a top quality PL defender, and Ream has had a single great season so far in the PL. I would want to see Ream play another season at this level, and I would also want to see him leave the club/retire before making a decision. I also think it's unfair to compare the two- it would be better to compare Ream to Aaron Hughes

simplyfulham

Remember that time where Arsenal cam sniffing around for Tim Ream but he decided he wanted to stay at Fulham.

No me neither..

toshes mate

I am sure there are many sporting people who would wish their careers and their fitness levels were without end and unaffected by age.  Of course it would make GOAT a pretty much redundant 'news' article where generation x versus generation y is played out in real time instead of on paper.  Ream has been a favourite of mine since he arrived from Bolton but it is still nice to read all the positive stuff about him this season.  I also hope some of his professionalism rubs off on others in the various FFC squads. 

A Brede - Tim partnership might have been very interesting - how about thirty PL games without conceding a goal ... and counting ...  (not to mention all the other potential partnerships we could have seen up close and personal)   

RaySmith

Did Brede always play with better players around him, in better organised Fulham sides, than Tim has for much of his Fulham career?

Roy signed Brede - I witnessed his debut on a freezing night up at Bolton, when he helped us to a clean sheet in the 0-0, a precious away point that maybe symbolised us turning the corner, and bringing off an almost miraculous Prem survival-
but he had the benefit of a side with Roy's level of defensive organisation, and generally playing alongside better players; while Tim hasn't always had this at Fulham, but maybe does now - well, he's become something of an attacking cb!

Impossible to choose between them, I think, both brilliant for Fulham - rightly club legends.