more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Valid question

Started by perry geyton, February 18, 2023, 11:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Brede or Timmy ?

Tough one but I'll go Timmy purely cos he's stayed with us through thick and thin

MayoDomo

As much as I love Tim at this moment, Brede did it year in year out for us.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Chi_FFC

That's an easy one. Brede, no question.

blingo

Count Flapula

Not a valid question. Brede all day.

General

Yeah, Brede. Tim doesn't come close in reality. One PL season and a few in the champ don't compare to saving us from PL relegation, top 7th finish and europa league final. Chalk and cheese. And also. Jangeland had a few suitors at the time and chose to stay, similar to Schwarzer, both of whom have mentioned since.

perry geyton

Quote from: General on February 19, 2023, 12:07:26 AM
Yeah, Brede. Tim doesn't come close in reality. One PL season and a few in the champ don't compare to saving us from PL relegation, top 7th finish and europa league final. Chalk and cheese. And also. Jangeland had a few suitors at the time and chose to stay, similar to Schwarzer, both of whom have mentioned since.
And Brede jumped ship the
Quote from: Count Flapula on February 19, 2023, 12:06:08 AM
When answering questions I'd appreciate an IMO at the end of it please

rusty shackleford

Hangeland my favourite ever Fulham player. Ream may just be 2nd

S.F.Sorrow

Brede and it's not even close.

Snibbo

Tim is more Aaron Hughes than Brede

BarryP

IMO the more appropriate question would be Hughes or Ream. I would correlate Diop's role to
Hangeland's and Ream's to Hughes. For one single season it's a tough call but Tim's current season is probably better than any single season Hughes had but there could be recency bias in that opinion. For the entire body of Premier League play I'd have to pick Hughes.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

General

Quote from: perry geyton on February 19, 2023, 12:20:04 AM

Jumped ship? He left to Palace, having been frozen out at the club by magath and meulesteen. Still ashamed by the way he left and the way the club acknowledged his departure with the pithiest of articles saying he'd left. Barely acknowledged anything he'd done for us.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/june/03/hangeland-departs

Players have dome far less for us and been given much more air time than this, which considering he was our captain in one of our most successful periods is quite something.

mrmicawbers

Both fantastic servants to our club,different attributes so can't really compare in my opinion

bencher

Quote from: General on February 19, 2023, 05:04:42 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on February 19, 2023, 12:20:04 AM

Jumped ship? He left to Palace, having been frozen out at the club by magath and meulesteen. Still ashamed by the way he left and the way the club acknowledged his departure with the pithiest of articles saying he'd left. Barely acknowledged anything he'd done for us.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/june/03/hangeland-departs

Players have dome far less for us and been given much more air time than this, which considering he was our captain in one of our most successful periods is quite something.

That announcement really was diabolical. Arguably one of our best ever players, certainly in the last 40 years.

hovewhite

Different players brede best CH  signing I've seen no contest better to judge Diop in years to come against him.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: mrmicawbers on February 19, 2023, 06:13:52 AM
Both fantastic servants to our club,different attributes so can't really compare in my opinion
Correct Answer.

Twig

I think those who just say " no contest" are being disrespectful to Tim and it's a bit of a dismissive response.  To my mind the form Tim has shown this season is as good and dare I say it, arguably better than Brede. However Brede performed consistently at these levels for several seasons in the top flight whereas Tim hasn't. For that reason it has to be Brede, but for his form in last season's promotion side and this wonderful season in the Prem Tim should be remembered as one of our all time top CB's.

WhiteJC

I think it's more about the centre back pair, Brede wouldn't have been anywhere near as good without Aaron they were "the Thames Barrier". Tim is having an exceptional, and unexpected, season wether with Diop or Tosin as a partner

I couldn't choose between them

Whitestone

Brede Hangeland was a mainstay of our defence in the top flight for six or seven seasons, whereas Tim has played several seasons in the Championship. Brede consistently performed in the Premier League and was coveted by Arsenal.
It's very easy to come to the conclusion that a current player is better than a predecessor with the passage of time and a pair of rose tinted glasses. Tim is having an unbelievable season, which is easily on a par with Hangeland's performances, but he hasn't shown the same consistency over the entirety of his time at the club, certainly in the early days.
So it's Hangeland for me but I'm sure we can all agree that both players are Fulham legends.

Andy S

It is all opinions I know but all players from the past never have to compete against today's crop. They were good in their time as are players of today