watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Almost Nearly Summer Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Deeping_white, March 29, 2023, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 27, 2023, 02:58:27 PMToo weak, defensively unaware, doesn't tackle well etc...

An upgrade on Robinson at least then.

Somerset Fulham

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 02, 2023, 07:19:14 PM

If Leeds get relegated (which I don't think they will), maybe a cut price deal is possible.

But they paid like 20m+ which I don't think represents value.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

ianthailand

Around 5 million tops for me. Has failed/not lived up to expectation everywhere apart from Swansea and Wales.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: @jolslover on April 27, 2023, 01:37:56 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on April 27, 2023, 11:18:44 AMOn the subject of previous players....Was talking to my best mate (sadly a Spurs STH'er) and we started chatting about Ryan Sess again. Currently injured and unless the new manager see's something more from him than previous ones has, I'm hard pressed to see him lasting much longer there. Could even be out on loan next season pending the re-build.

His contract looks like its runs out in 2024, and unless they offer him a new deal, which is hard to see why really, (pending new manager judgement) he might be one to keep an eye on really.

Interesting, could definitely see him coming back to us - although I think we can probably do better..

Where would you play him? At LW or LB?
I feel he isn't defensively good enough for Left Back and not really skilful enough for Left Wing .. probably best suited to a 5ATB / 3ATB which we don't play

Would take him back at LW all day - his natural ability to be in the right place at the right time was what made him the beast he was.

His movement off the ball was incredible, and he's wasted going backwards.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

RAY Rock ????

I don't understand all this talk of bringing Ryan Sessegnon back and signing Dan James. How ever you sugar coat it Sessegnon has been a massive failure at Tottenham hardly gets any game time looks nervous with and without the ball. He was great for us and probably saved us Ffp wise when we sold him but he is a championship player at best. Dan James has been a total disappointment to me in my opinion I was very excited when we signed him but watching him live he has no attributes which warrants us splashing out mega money on. I really really hope we can keep Leno, Palhinha, Mitrovic, Robinson, Tete and get a deal done for Willian .
Then sign Gyökeres, Smith Rowe, 
André Trindade da Costa Neto and Tierney.I would also love to sign Harvey Barnes

Sting of the North

I can see why it is difficult to understand the discussion on Sessegnon for someone that state that he is "a championship player at best". However, if we tone down the hyperbolic overdrive a dozen or so notches, then maybe it is easier to follow?

WindyCity

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on May 03, 2023, 01:42:02 PMI don't understand all this talk of bringing Ryan Sessegnon back and signing Dan James. How ever you sugar coat it Sessegnon has been a massive failure at Tottenham hardly gets any game time looks nervous with and without the ball. He was great for us and probably saved us Ffp wise when we sold him but he is a championship player at best. Dan James has been a total disappointment to me in my opinion I was very excited when we signed him but watching him live he has no attributes which warrants us splashing out mega money on. I really really hope we can keep Leno, Palhinha, Mitrovic, Robinson, Tete and get a deal done for Willian .
André Trindade da Costa Neto and Tierney.I would also love to sign Harvey Barnes

Excellent post!  I would also take a hard pass on Sess and James.  FFC needs to build for future and that means 'significant' upgrades and quality cover.  I would add Pereira to your 'keepers' list.  I'm still on the fence regards Solomon.  Love Willians' contribution this season, and would be comfortable with a one year deal for him, although I see him next year as coming off the bench, providing cover, not as a starter. 

alfie

Quote from: WindyCity on May 03, 2023, 03:24:15 PM
Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on May 03, 2023, 01:42:02 PMI don't understand all this talk of bringing Ryan Sessegnon back and signing Dan James. How ever you sugar coat it Sessegnon has been a massive failure at Tottenham hardly gets any game time looks nervous with and without the ball. He was great for us and probably saved us Ffp wise when we sold him but he is a championship player at best. Dan James has been a total disappointment to me in my opinion I was very excited when we signed him but watching him live he has no attributes which warrants us splashing out mega money on. I really really hope we can keep Leno, Palhinha, Mitrovic, Robinson, Tete and get a deal done for Willian .

Excellent post!  I would also take a hard pass on Sess and James.  FFC needs to build for future and that means 'significant' upgrades and quality cover.  I would add Pereira to your 'keepers' list.  I'm still on the fence regards Solomon.  Love Willians' contribution this season, and would be comfortable with a one year deal for him, although I see him next year as coming off the bench, providing cover, not as a starter. 

We all have our opinions on who should come/stay/go, but, I guess what is the most important point is it's what MS thinks, if he thinks that James is a stayer then that's it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

McBrideOfFrankenstein

I'd keep James. He has uncoachable pace and has made great use of it several times this year. His touch improved as the season went on. In this league, for mid-to-bottom of the squad players the quantity you know is usually better than the unknown.

Somerset Fulham

itombomb

Re James - we currently have 6 wingers/wide forwards in James, Willian, Wilson, Soloman, Neeskens and BDR. Of those, only Wilson and BDR are signed up for next year. The priorities imo are trying to get in one player better than those 6 to be the guaranteed every week starter and re-signing Willian. I'd rather Neeskens on another year than pay anything other than peanuts for James.

It's mad that Sess is still only 22. He also wouldn't be an upgrade on the team - but would be better competition to Robinson at LB than we currently have, might be well placed to succeed Robinson (if he doesn't sign a new deal), and offers welcome versatility off the bench. Wouldn't really make sense

Somerset Fulham

Sess would not be competition for Robinson.  Jedi is leagues ahead as a left back.

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 03, 2023, 11:30:17 PMSess would not be competition for Robinson.  Jedi is leagues ahead as a left back.

At best, Sess 'can' play there so would be versatile cover but I'd hate to see it. His defending scares me. Appreciate he doesn't seem to be everyone's cup of tea but I think he'd be a serious contender for us and great squad player in our squad. Probably a pipe dream though.

Surlyc

Quote from: itombomb on May 03, 2023, 10:54:33 PMI'd rather Neeskens on another year than pay anything other than peanuts for James.
This is one of the areas where I hope the Khans have learned from experience. It's always fun to have a shiny new toy, but sometimes in squad terms what you have is just as good - I think Kebano was always just as good a player as (for example) Cavaleiro, he just didn't have a big price tag for us to try and justify.

itombomb

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 04, 2023, 10:32:12 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 03, 2023, 11:30:17 PMSess would not be competition for Robinson.  Jedi is leagues ahead as a left back.

At best, Sess 'can' play there so would be versatile cover but I'd hate to see it. His defending scares me. Appreciate he doesn't seem to be everyone's cup of tea but I think he'd be a serious contender for us and great squad player in our squad. Probably a pipe dream though.
Defending is the one thing he's done very well at Tottenham, he's repeatedly kept Salah and others quiet when selected - though that was mostly as a LWB under Conte, it was a LWB who was primarily tasked with defending.

And don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying he'd be able to get ahead of Robinson, just he'd be a much better back-up than what we have and is relatively versatile.

demeant0r

Quote from: itombomb on May 04, 2023, 07:42:41 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on May 04, 2023, 10:32:12 AM

Defending is the one thing he's done very well at Tottenham, he's repeatedly kept Salah and others quiet when selected - though that was mostly as a LWB under Conte, it was a LWB who was primarily tasked with defending.

And don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying he'd be able to get ahead of Robinson, just he'd be a much better back-up than what we have and is relatively versatile.

Sess is a much better crosser than Robinson so if we get him and he has the same understanding as Robinson and Willian has then that would be a lethal pairing.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 03, 2023, 09:46:11 PM

I had forgotten about him

Thats one more off the books

Is Lord Knockheart still on our books?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Jims Dentist

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 04, 2023, 08:11:45 PM

I think The Lord's contract is up in June.
Caveliero, I think has another year so we need to unload.
What an improvement the players we have now are on those two.

jayffc

Quote from: Jims Dentist on May 04, 2023, 08:51:50 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on May 04, 2023, 08:11:45 PM

I think The Lord's contract is up in June.
Caveliero, I think has another year so we need to unload.
What an improvement the players we have now are on those two.

5 assists and 2 goals in 20 for Ivan at Alanyaspor - not the worst but certainly what an upgrade Willian is at LW

5 games only and 1 assist for Knockaert... Once upon a time seemed a decent player but certainly seems these 2 are destined to see out their days in inferior leagues.

Glad we have developed but wish neither any ill will, they both tried...and both had to play under Parker which is enough to ruin anyones career 😂