watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham fans in remote places

Started by 3rdgenfan, May 12, 2023, 12:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rdgenfan

My son is trekking in the Himalayas in Nepal and wore his Fulham shirt at over 5200m😂😂

Has anyone else wore their shirt in remote places? ::scarf::  ::scarf::  ::scarf::Mason Nepal 3.jpg

Rightwhite

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on May 12, 2023, 12:52:51 PMMy son is trekking in the Himalayas in Nepal and wore his Fulham shirt at over 5200m😂😂

Has anyone else wore their shirt in remote places? ::scarf::  ::scarf::  ::scarf::
I wore mine in 2003 in Koh PhiPhi Island in Thailand and then whilst doing the 3 day trek to Machu Piccu, Peru.

3rdgenfan

Quote from: Rightwhite on May 12, 2023, 12:57:10 PM
Quote from: 3rdgenfan on May 12, 2023, 12:52:51 PMMy son is trekking in the Himalayas in Nepal and wore his Fulham shirt at over 5200m😂😂

Has anyone else wore their shirt in remote places? ::scarf::  ::scarf::  ::scarf::
I wore mine in 2003 in Koh PhiPhi Island in Thailand and then whilst doing the 3 day trek to Machu Piccu, Peru.
Nice. That must have been tough

Cumbrian White

A few years ago I ran the Himalayan 100 mile stage race, was in and around 10,000ft for a lot of the time, I took a dozen FFC shirts for kids in the remote areas. I had a journalist come out to cover the race with me and he promised to take photos and hand out the shirts to the children he came across.

End of the week, he handed me my camera and backpack, zero photos taken and still 12 FFC shirts in the back pack. Needless to say I wasn't impressed, it kind of appealed to me the following year runners would have come across kids dressed in Fulham shirts in a fairly remote area.

bill taylors apprentice

Lincolnshire is quite remote.  ::wink::

Ronnief

11th tee at Littlehampton Golf Course overlooking Climping Beach.
 ::oldgit::

Fulham 442

I don't know if I count as remote but I'm currently living in Estepona on the Costa del Sol!  I have only ever seen one Fulham tee shirt here and that was on a child.  Needless to say I stopped to say hello and showed him my Fulham keyring!

filham

Great thread,what great places some of our fans have been to.

My big disappointment was a trip to Moscow where I found loads of football fans kitted out from head to toe in Chelsea kit.

FishaPrice

Not a remote location, but I was very surprised to see this. I once saw someone wearing a Bullard Fulham shirt in Monterey Bay, Califronia, USA.

tonynorton

Kajaki Dam, Helmand province, Afghanistan

bobbo

Has anyone else wore their shirt in remote places? ::scarf::  ::scarf::  ::scarf::Mason Nepal 3.jpg
that's really something
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Lester Burnham

Quote from: Ronnief on May 12, 2023, 05:53:36 PM11th tee at Littlehampton Golf Course overlooking Climping Beach.
 ::oldgit::
No disrespect, mate but golfing in a football shirt? That's a bit like eating food in the bathroom.

Rightwhite

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on May 12, 2023, 02:35:58 PM
Quote from: Rightwhite on May 12, 2023, 12:57:10 PM

Nice. That must have been tough

You know what?? It really wasn't tough. But I was only 22 years old at that point. If I did it now I may need a few more days than 3 to complete it but I was so proud wearing the black and white of my beloved FFC nearly 3000m above sea level in Peru. And it had Inamoto on the back.

3rdgenfan

Quote from: bobbo on May 12, 2023, 07:41:50 PM

that's really something
As well as trekking through the Himalayas he has been volunteer teaching in a monastery. On match days they've had the occasional Fulham game on in the TV room.
All the monks knew Mitrovic and he has had good chats with them about the mighty whites!!
Absolutely amazing

Rightwhite

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on May 12, 2023, 09:32:22 PM
Quote from: bobbo on May 12, 2023, 07:41:50 PM

that's really something
As well as trekking through the Himalayas he has been volunteer teaching in a monastery. On match days they've had the occasional Fulham game on in the TV room.
All the monks knew Mitrovic and he has had good chats with them about the mighty whites!!
Absolutely amazing
Superb, love it

BestOfBrede

I've always had a FFC shirt on all travels.
Remotest is the Maldives though.

CincyFulham1

Shishmaref, Alaska

RaySmith

Quote from: Cumbrian White on May 12, 2023, 05:07:55 PMA few years ago I ran the Himalayan 100 mile stage race, was in and around 10,000ft for a lot of the time, I took a dozen FFC shirts for kids in the remote areas. I had a journalist come out to cover the race with me and he promised to take photos and hand out the shirts to the children he came across.

End of the week, he handed me my camera and backpack, zero photos taken and still 12 FFC shirts in the back pack. Needless to say I wasn't impressed, it kind of appealed to me the following year runners would have come across kids dressed in Fulham shirts in a fairly remote area.

That's some feat -You must be quite  well known as a runner then?

From Cumbria, I presume you're a fell runner/racer. I took up fell running since moving to this area in the north west, between Leeds and Manchester, in my late 50s/early 60's - I was/am rubbish at it, my main goals just trying to finish, but it's an addictive sport, and unique - unlikely to be allowed today for health and safety reasons.

A claim to fame is running against trans athlete Lauren Jenska, who won all the female category prizes, and  who was picked to run for Britain in Mountain Running championships, and now serving time for Attempted Murder:
 after stabbing a man representing the athletics authorities, for saying she'd be suspended and  her results declared null and void, because of gender questions.

I wore a Fulham shirt  running against her, though she always seemed a very nice person - I didn't even know she was transgender.

love4ffc

Love this.  He sounds like a good lad, and I love that he is traveling seeing the world.  It's always good to get out of your comfort zone and see how others live in this big world. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

This is not very exciting to read and I normally go commando but i once wore a Fulham shirt whilst trying to sleep on a tug boat by Sandwich Harbour off the Skeleton Coast, North West Africa Donkeys years ago.
I brought back an African Grey Parrot from a Cocoa Plantation and called him Cocoa.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.