watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged all things Ivan Toney

Started by Ludlow Richard, May 15, 2023, 03:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

I think the inconsistency of the FA and inconsistency of abiding by the rules and punishing those found to be breaking them is what rightly concerns people. I find it hard even now to understand how the FA could appeal about their leniency of Mitro's ban and yet other more serious problems for the game are almost ignored.

It worries me because I genuinely love the game and am wary that the people that run it are sometimes not altogether trustworthy. Naturally we question things. We must continue to question them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Somerset Fulham

Well according to the grapvine the hearing is happening around now, so you will all be able to move on to how disgraceful the FA are for not banning him for longer and and how badly we were treated etc for the next six months in the not too distant.

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 16, 2023, 02:13:14 PMWell according to the grapvine the hearing is happening around now, so you will all be able to move on to how disgraceful the FA are for not banning him for longer and and how badly we were treated etc for the next six months in the not too distant.

Good. I look forward to ranting about the leniency of the penalty.

bobbo

two players from my local conbined counties league club  were, about 4 years ago charged with betting on games at all sorts of levels but never any games they played in and were banned for 12 months both of them . yet still nothing happening with tony. makes you wonder eh?
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Lighthouse

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 16, 2023, 02:13:14 PMWell according to the grapvine the hearing is happening around now, so you will all be able to move on to how disgraceful the FA are for not banning him for longer and and how badly we were treated etc for the next six months in the not too distant.

I feel you are offended by criticism of the FA in these circumstances. But as always there will be rebels against the system and those that roll over and have their tummy tickled by those in charge. It has always been this way.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Somerset Fulham

Nope.

I just don't buy into the hysteria. There is a middle ground, which as just shown is often missed here.

toshes mate

With Howard Webb coming up with a 'new' load of packages to ensure his referees are less abused it doesn't promise well for a game that is being abused by those same referees on every inconsistent moment those officials and VAR tamper with the problem of applying simple rules to a simple game.

And it is proven to be same across all sports - the better the officials are the more respect there is since all in a sport know they can speak out about 'abuse' either way.  As it stands according to the BBC (not noted for neutrality for at least three decades) Mitro and his punishment is held up to be a yardstick by which the media measure the problem referees have - which is frankly laughable. Is that really how bad the media is at just about anything?  I am afriad it is but they only just barely squeak in above the PGMOL.

How about inviting fans to have their say so about what is wrong with officialdom on a per game basis when controversey arises?   

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Peabody

Banned for 8 months

WindyCity

When does the clock start?

Doesn't seem 'fair' if part of his banning takes place during the summer.  What purpose does that serve?

General

It's a joke. He gets to play again on the 17th of January and is eight months which includes the summer off season. His ban in reality is 5 months of actual playing time, yet he's allowed to train from September so he's only out of football for  half a month max.

For me a football ban of this magnitude should be given firstly a lot quicker than it has, but should also only cover period where football is played.

The summer months - in this case three months, he'd hardly be doing anything anyway. Why is the FA so bloody useless. Criminal behaviour. Mitro got banned for 5 extra games on top of his suspension just for touching a ref.

Such corruption in that governing body. Criminal.

Meanwhile had toney not been playing Brentford could've been a significant amount of places and points lower than they are currently. These things make a huge difference to the foot all pyramid.

btffc

Quote from: WindyCity on May 17, 2023, 05:26:33 PMWhen does the clock start?

Doesn't seem 'fair' if part of his banning takes place during the summer.  What purpose does that serve?

Clock starts now and it seems they went with 8 months rather than 6 to account for the 2 Summer months off.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: love4ffc on May 16, 2023, 07:57:34 PM

8 month ban immediately.Should have started from next season,so basically a six month ban.FA idiots.

SerbianLad

Disgraceful decision. This is one of the (if not the) most serious betting case. It demanded a bigger punishment.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 17, 2023, 05:32:23 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on May 16, 2023, 07:57:34 PM

8 month ban immediately.Should have started from next season,so basically a six month ban.FA idiots.

It wasn't the FA

And apparently he isn't even allowed to train with Brentford so no preseason (and presumably no transfer) is probably going to mess with him and Brentford much more than just missing an extra two months of the season.

Andy S

8 months starting now including the break that is not a fair punishment very lenient

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Gezza

According to the BBC website
In 2017, Joey Barton - then a Burnley player - was banned for 18 months, reduced to 13 on appeal, after admitting placing 1,260 football-related bets over a 10-year period.

KJS

Just screwed Hounslow out of getting a big transfer fee this summer for him though

Eton White

Quote from: Somerset FulhamIt wasn't the FA

And apparently he isn't even allowed to train with Brentford so no preseason (and presumably no transfer) is probably going to mess with him and Brentford much more than just missing an extra two months of the season.

I wonder then what the chances are that the FA will appeal on the basis that the punishment is too lenient?!