News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does anyone else find Chelsea more likeable these days?

Started by Cambridge Away, October 03, 2023, 01:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambridge Away

For the first time i found myself unbothered by losing to them. Boehly appears to have made them so much less nasty as a set up. Where are all the d**khead players of old? Is he trying to rebrand Chelsea as club more befitting of the name "Chelsea"? They still have their fans, but it looks like even they are being phased out:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/30/chelsea-owners-may-see-clubs-own-fans-as-obstacles-in-violent-new-world

The lack of care towards "legacy" fans now seems to be evident at both ends of SW6. So, are we entering a football world where the main fans will be global, who have chosen their football team by the colour of their shirts or what animal the mascot is (or whatever their friend at school has chosen), where pilgrimages are made every once in a while to stadiums when visiting the country. And where being in the stands at Stamford Bridge won't seem too different from being in the stand at Craven Cottage?...    ....  or even Saudi Arabia?  ::cry::

So, on the surface Chelsea moving on from being an outlier as individually the worst club in the world seems a good thing; but perhaps their new model is actually collectively worse for everyone in the long run?

perry geyton

I know what you mean they didn't really bother me last night either, plus I like their manager

At the end of the day their just a Soulless mega money club

WhiteJC

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Carborundum

Their transformation provides a different set of unappetising characteristics.  Russo-klepto-vanity project wasn't a great look, with John Terry a reprehensibly worthy flag bearer for it.  But the basic fabric of football was unaltered. 

When super breakaway league mkII makes an appearance, you can bet that the types behind Chelsea will be pushing for it. That could prove considerably worse.

davew

NO!!!!!!!!! Sky Sports will soon be opening a dedicated channel to Chelsea FC, last nights build up was ridiculous and nauseating, our performance or lack of,  just made the whole evening 1 to forget!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Sorry to say on reflection the topic heading is  :slap: , sorry to the OP!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jamie88

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Andy S

I've never been as hard against them as some on this board. But they are one club that I have grown to detest since Abramovich and his buying power. And supporters who have been pampered by being able to watch the best player# coming to the club. So I still don't like them and I doubt I ever will

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Carborundum on October 03, 2023, 07:12:06 PMTheir transformation provides a different set of unappetising characteristics.  Russo-klepto-vanity project wasn't a great look, with John Terry a reprehensibly worthy flag bearer for it.  But the basic fabric of football was unaltered. 

When super breakaway league mkII makes an appearance, you can bet that the types behind Chelsea will be pushing for it. That could prove considerably worse.
Yes, you remove the knuckle draggers and are left with.... Well, a "soulless mega club" in a separate super league. Left longing for the good-ol'days where knuckle draggers weren't a dying breed (and the tribalism was still there)

Somerset Fulham

This must be one of the first threads in the history of the board where everybody (bar the op) is in absolute agreement.  :slap: