watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer thread 2023/24

Started by jayffc, November 25, 2023, 11:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Free Elvis Hammond

Surreal to see Neil Danns' son in there too, feels like no time since he was playing against us in the Championship

(I wish we'd signed Jason Koumas by the way, such a good player)

alfie

Quote from: ffc73 on February 28, 2024, 08:57:13 PMHow did we miss Liverpool's 18-year-old debutant tonight, Lewis Koumas?

I mean, Jason Koumas who we were forever linked with.... so you would have thought our scouts would have been aware of his son!
Maybe he wasn't wanted, so to say we missed him might be misleading.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

river phoenix

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/fulham-scout-szmodics/

Would be a useful addition with his non-stop motor and pressing in Marco Silva team. Not to mention his finishing, 21 goals in the Championship so far.

Twig

Quote from: river phoenix on March 18, 2024, 12:24:37 PMhttps://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/fulham-scout-szmodics/

Would be a useful addition with his non-stop motor and pressing in Marco Silva team. Not to mention his finishing, 21 goals in the Championship so far.

Trouble is he's 28 and our squad already has a high average age. I'm not knocking the player but would rather see us identify a few younger targets.

SerbianLad

I would love to keep Robinson but if we did sell him this would be a class replacement.

Free transfer and somewhat simillar profile to Robinson, as he is also incredibly fast. The only problem I have with him is his injuries.

jayffc

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 20, 2024, 12:46:51 PMI would love to keep Robinson but if we did sell him this would be a class replacement.

Free transfer and somewhat simillar profile to Robinson, as he is also incredibly fast. The only problem I have with him is his injuries.

IF Robinson moves on this + Bollo Toure would be pretty spectacular business. But that said, I hope we keep  Jedi, he's such an athlete and his ability to spot and cut out a pass is truly exceptional. And this year he's even added assist to his game. If it's anything below 35m range I'd rather we didn't cash in, but then I'm not the money guy. He seems invested in the project but I can for sure see a European team coming in for him in the Summer, and he's ready for that challenge if we're honest

btffc

If Robinson does go then it better be for a ton of money and I hope it's to somewhere he would actually get to play. Going to City or Liverpool just to be a backup would be upsetting and a waste. As much as the thought sickens me, United is probably the best choice for him as a player of the clubs he has been linked to.

LC

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 20, 2024, 12:46:51 PMI would love to keep Robinson but if we did sell him this would be a class replacement.

Probably a replacement for Bollo Toure rather than Robinson

SerbianLad

Quote from: jayffc on March 20, 2024, 03:55:35 PMIF Robinson moves on this + Bollo Toure would be pretty spectacular business. But that said, I hope we keep  Jedi, he's such an athlete and his ability to spot and cut out a pass is truly exceptional. And this year he's even added assist to his game. If it's anything below 35m range I'd rather we didn't cash in, but then I'm not the money guy. He seems invested in the project but I can for sure see a European team coming in for him in the Summer, and he's ready for that challenge if we're honest
Yes, as I said in my original post, ideally we'll keep Robinson but this is basically the next best thing in my opinion.

Agree regarding FBT as well. Honestly he hasn't put a foot wrong in any of his appearances and he looked really fast with a great cross on him as well. I'd love to buy him regardless of Robinson's status next season. Not sure if he'd be interested in that though, as he barely got a chance. If Robinson were to leave and we signed Spinazzola on a free, he might be more interested though, because unlike Antonee, Spinazzola does get injured from time to time and isn's as durable as him in general in my opinion, so he'd get more of a chance here.

Quote from: LC on March 20, 2024, 05:08:06 PMProbably a replacement for Bollo Toure rather than Robinson
I really doubt someone who is a starting leftback of a top nation like Italy and who plays for a side like Roma that is a regular feature in European competitions would be interested in coming here to sit on the bench for more than 90% of time. If he did come and Robinson stayed we'd have the best leftback duo in the world.

LC

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 20, 2024, 05:19:55 PM
Quote from: jayffc on March 20, 2024, 03:55:35 PMIF Robinson moves on this + Bollo Toure would be pretty spectacular business. But that said, I hope we keep  Jedi, he's such an athlete and his ability to spot and cut out a pass is truly exceptional. And this year he's even added assist to his game. If it's anything below 35m range I'd rather we didn't cash in, but then I'm not the money guy. He seems invested in the project but I can for sure see a European team coming in for him in the Summer, and he's ready for that challenge if we're honest
Yes, as I said in my original post, ideally we'll keep Robinson but this is basically the next best thing in my opinion.

Agree regarding FBT as well. Honestly he hasn't put a foot wrong in any of his appearances and he looked really fast with a great cross on him as well. I'd love to buy him regardless of Robinson's status next season. Not sure if he'd be interested in that though, as he barely got a chance. If Robinson were to leave and we signed Spinazzola on a free, he might be more interested though, because unlike Antonee, Spinazzola does get injured from time to time and isn's as durable as him in general in my opinion, so he'd get more of a chance here.

Quote from: LC on March 20, 2024, 05:08:06 PMProbably a replacement for Bollo Toure rather than Robinson
I really doubt someone who is a starting leftback of a top nation like Italy and who plays for a side like Roma that is a regular feature in European competitions would be interested in coming here to sit on the bench for more than 90% of time. If he did come and Robinson stayed we'd have the best leftback duo in the world.

He's not the starting left back for Italy. It appears both Destiny Udogie and Federico Dimarco are ahead of him at the moment. He's also about to turn 31 years old. He doesn't scream a Robinson replacement to me.

I would also say Robinson's value is increasing, I think he's worth around the £50m mark, and that's judging by the Marc Cucurella transfer anyway. Anyhow, he recently signed a fresh 5 year deal and he should be staying.

Barrett487

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2024/03/21/fulham-keen-on-nicolo-tresoldi/

Fulham are still keen on Nicolo Tresoldi ahead of the summer window, with Hannover 96 valuing the striker at €3 million.
According to Sport Bild via Sport Witness, Fulham have maintained an interest in Nicolo Tresoldi and could make a move for the striker in the summer. His club, Hannover 96 are open to a sale and will demand €3 million like they did back in January.

Nicolo Tresoldi was the subject of some interest from Premier League sides, as more clubs have come forward with enquiries for the 19-year-old striker. The Hannover 96 star had Fulham chasing him in January, as the Cottagers have seemingly retained their interest in the young rising star ahead of the summer.

Fulham have been looking to add a new striker to their ranks, and the fact that they had an interest in Tresoldi shows they might return for the striker. The Cottagers have struggled to have a continued presence in the No.9 position this season despite signing Raul Jimenez, who had struggled for goals in the early part of the campaign.

The recent emergence of Rodrigo Muniz since the start of February has given Marco Silva a new lease on life. The 22-year-old seems like a big part of their future, and the manager now wants more young stars to form their attacking core for years to come.

Hannover are open to selling the 19-year-old striker ahead of the summer and will demand the same €3 million they did back in January. Transfermarkt also values Tresoldi for the same price; from Fulham's perspective, this will be a solid option to get at that rate.

Barrett487

Everton have joined the race to sign Fulham's Tosin Adarabioyo but will face tough competition from six other Premier League clubs, according to HITC.

The online source reported [19 March] that the Toffees are keeping tabs on the defender, who is out of contract at Craven Cottage at the end of the season, having rebuffed several extension offers from Fulham.

:slap:   :slap:   :slap:   :slap:   :slap:   :slap:   :slap:   :slap:

SerbianLad

Quote from: LC on March 20, 2024, 09:07:57 PMHe's not the starting left back for Italy. It appears both Destiny Udogie and Federico Dimarco are ahead of him at the moment. He's also about to turn 31 years old. He doesn't scream a Robinson replacement to me.

I would also say Robinson's value is increasing, I think he's worth around the £50m mark, and that's judging by the Marc Cucurella transfer anyway. Anyhow, he recently signed a fresh 5 year deal and he should be staying.
Had it not been for his injuries he would have been. He was also Italy's best player at their last big competition before he got injured in semifinal/final can't remember exactly.

Anyhow it might be pointless argument as we might not even sign him or sell Robinson. I do hope we keep Robinson though. He's really grown this season. He was always physically perfect, but he improved his defense even further this season (he made a big improvement last season already) and he finaly improved his crossing.

Drewry66

Quote from: Barrett487 on March 20, 2024, 09:22:13 PMEverton have joined the race to sign Fulham's Tosin Adarabioyo but will face tough competition from six other Premier League clubs, according to HITC.

The online source reported [19 March] that the Toffees are keeping tabs on the defender, who is out of contract at Craven Cottage at the end of the season, having rebuffed several extension offers from Fulham.

:slap:   :slap:   :slap:   :slap:   :slap:   :slap:   :slap:   :slap:

:slap:

They've got a great chance...Tosin literally can't wait to play championship football again.  ::thumb::

We Are Premier League

Reading articles about a potential move for Robinson to the dog track on Fulham Road. Would we, if Tosin leaves, swap Robinson for Maatsen AND Chalobah?

btffc

We've been linked with Maia before. He is more similar to Palhinha and is very combative in contrast to Andre who is less of a ball winner and more adept on the ball from the 6 position. Assume we would be looking at both if Palhinha does leave this Summer unless we decide to move Reed on.

itombomb

If Robinson were to be sold (for a lot of money), Spinazolla on a free and young LB who can develop behind him, would be fantastic business.

Somerset Fulham

This would be an insane signing for West Ham if it happened.  And if Toney is open to going there, then we should absolutely be throwing our hat into the ring too.

Angus Telford

We seem to have a great bunch of lads at the moment. Wouldn't want to sour it with that reprobate

Surlyc

The only way West Ham have the funds for that move is if they sell Paqueta. Either way it'll be too expensive for us and I'd rather sign the then presumably disgruntled Bowen!