more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer thread 2023/24

Started by jayffc, November 25, 2023, 11:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimOG

Quote from: dfwilson84 on February 02, 2024, 01:39:16 PM
Quote from: copthornemike on February 02, 2024, 01:34:13 PMDoes the Broja loan terms allow for injuries that do not allow him to be fully match fit?

Yes. He also doesn't have to start, just feature.

Fabrizio Romano's tweet says 10+ starts + a minimum amount of minutes. Is he right?

WindyCity

January window = ***yawn***

I guess, job well done retaining Palhinha and Robinson (if you believe some of the rumors, there were several clubs sniffing around for Robinson).  This loanee, not overly impressive on the surface.  Hope I'm wrong about him, and he can contribute. 

Just another bargain basement transaction by a mid table club.  (Broja, Traore, Jimenez)  Again, hope Broja can add to the cause.  My concern is FFC staying up this season.  I see a lot of puffy talk about staying up as a lock.  In my view, a lot of football yet to be played, and this team still struggles to score goals.  Fingers crossed we can survive the season and bolster the club this coming summer window.

btffc

Vinicius loan details. We could potentially make money by swapping Vinicius for Broja for 6 months.

Somerset Fulham

I didn't realise the Vinni thing had happened, but he has started off with a bit of a bang.

SP

I'm glad to hear this, I always liked Carlos, he seemed like a decent bloke. Anyone who has scored the winner against that lot down the road is ok by me. After that cracking goal against Citeh I thought he'd really kick on but it never happened unfortunately.

hovewhite

Quote from: SP on February 06, 2024, 09:30:21 PMI'm glad to hear this, I always liked Carlos, he seemed like a decent bloke. Anyone who has scored the winner against that lot down the road is ok by me. After that cracking goal against Citeh I thought he'd really kick on but it never happened unfortunately.
he's hardly played as muniz has been ahead of him.

Whitestone

Quote from: hovewhite on February 08, 2024, 11:35:48 AM
Quote from: SP on February 06, 2024, 09:30:21 PMI'm glad to hear this, I always liked Carlos, he seemed like a decent bloke. Anyone who has scored the winner against that lot down the road is ok by me. After that cracking goal against Citeh I thought he'd really kick on but it never happened unfortunately.

Not sure why Muniz was played ahead. It wasn't due to his ability IMO.

Angus Telford

Quote from: Whitestone on February 08, 2024, 12:52:39 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on February 08, 2024, 11:35:48 AM

Not sure why Muniz was played ahead. It wasn't due to his ability IMO.

Vinicius was picked ahead of Muniz at the start of the season and given his opportunity. He was poor and ultimately Silva then started preferring Muniz. I don't necessarily rate Muniz but not sure what basis there is to look behind Silva's decision or suggest it wasn't performance related.

AJW48361

I think Silva went with potential.Carlos I thought could've done a BZ type of Job but he is not a natural British C/F doesn't hold the Ball up to any level and is very Pedestrian.

Barrett487

https://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-ready-frustrate-competition-useful-e6m-signing-player-considered-best-league-one-aspect/

Fulham have joined the chase for Werder Bremen goalkeeper Michael Zetterer, according to a report.

The 28-year-old initially started the season on the bench, before cementing a place since October. He's kept four clean sheets and conceded 17 goals from 14 games so far and his performances seem to have caught the attention of Fulham and other clubs.

That's according to Calciomercato.it, who mention Marco Silva's side in a report that focuses on AS Roma's interest in the stopper.

The Serie A side are looking for a goalkeeper and Zetterer is the new name added to their list. Focusing on his qualities, the website says the Werder Bremen player is 'considered the best' in Germany for his footwork.
Zetterer has less than 18 months left on his contract and the report states he's valued at €6m.

Unfortunately for them, the Giallorossi have to deal with a lot of competition, 'in particular' from Fulham, Stade Rennais and Galatasaray, to sign the German.

Bernd Leno is the first-choice goalkeeper at Fulham, with Marek Rodak providing cover, but the latter's deal lasts until the end of this season, with an option for another year.

Therefore, Fulham could consider signing Zetterer if they decide to let Rodak leave as a free agent in the summer.

Bassey the warrior

Personally I never liked Carlos because he never seemed far from a red card, has a low work rate and is incapable of winning headers or holding up the ball. He's a good finisher though but we can't afford to be playing with 10 men just on the off chance he scores.

Muniz has struggled at times but has improved many aspects of his game, he also shows a good attitude and work rate. He's got time in his side to continue to improve. Marco made the right call.

colinwhite

St Eve

Barrett487

https://sportwitness.co.uk/arsenal-fulham-newcastle-monitoring-brazilian-talent-player-protected-e60m-release-clause/

Arsenal, Fulham and Newcastle all 'monitoring' Brazilian talent – Player protected by €60m release clause

Arsenal, Fulham and Newcastle United are all interested in Atlético Mineiro youngster Alisson Santana, according to reports from Brazil.

Outlet Globo Esporte is the one with a big story about the 18-year-old, since he's just started showing his potential at the Galo's first team.

It's said Atlético Mineiro nearly lost the player due to a contract situation, but now managed to hold him with a contract until 2027, with a €60m release clause.
That way, they managed to protect him from the European interest, as Arsenal, Fulham, Newcastle, Bayer Leverkusen and PSV are all said to be 'monitoring' the player.
For now, Alisson only has eight appearances for Atlético, with one goal scored. He gets all that attention because of the big potential shown in the club's youth ranks.

It's also worth pointing out that Globo Esporte doesn't have any big information on whether Arsenal, Fulham or Newcastle would like to start negotiating his transfer.

He just seems to be another Brazilian youngster drawing European interest, and his first year in the first team should be decisive for a potential move to the top leagues.

sarnian

Quote from: Barrett487 on February 19, 2024, 07:45:39 PMhttps://sportwitness.co.uk/arsenal-fulham-newcastle-monitoring-brazilian-talent-player-protected-e60m-release-clause/

Arsenal, Fulham and Newcastle all 'monitoring' Brazilian talent – Player protected by €60m release clause

Arsenal, Fulham and Newcastle United are all interested in Atlético Mineiro youngster Alisson Santana, according to reports from Brazil.

Outlet Globo Esporte is the one with a big story about the 18-year-old, since he's just started showing his potential at the Galo's first team.

It's said Atlético Mineiro nearly lost the player due to a contract situation, but now managed to hold him with a contract until 2027, with a €60m release clause.
That way, they managed to protect him from the European interest, as Arsenal, Fulham, Newcastle, Bayer Leverkusen and PSV are all said to be 'monitoring' the player.
For now, Alisson only has eight appearances for Atlético, with one goal scored. He gets all that attention because of the big potential shown in the club's youth ranks.

It's also worth pointing out that Globo Esporte doesn't have any big information on whether Arsenal, Fulham or Newcastle would like to start negotiating his transfer.

He just seems to be another Brazilian youngster drawing European interest, and his first year in the first team should be decisive for a potential move to the top leagues.

More Brazilian BS.

FFC1987

btffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 19, 2024, 09:42:58 PMWell, 60m.......must be true!

That's his release clause. Doubt any club would be bidding anywhere close to that. The article is just saying that's their defense against outside interest for now.

ffc73

How did we miss Liverpool's 18-year-old debutant tonight, Lewis Koumas?

I mean, Jason Koumas who we were forever linked with.... so you would have thought our scouts would have been aware of his son!

Somerset Fulham

Wait until you find out about Bobby Clark...

demeant0r

So Liverpool just hoovered up all the children of past famous footballers