Started by jayffc, November 25, 2023, 11:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Quote from: Willham on April 11, 2024, 07:01:43 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 10, 2024, 12:31:13 PM
Quote from: alfie on April 09, 2024, 07:45:14 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 09, 2024, 07:40:46 PM
Quote from: btffc on April 05, 2024, 10:29:47 PM
Andreas drawing interest. Atletico and 1 other not listed club interested. He prefers to stay in the PL.
Take the money.
Far more lethal number 10's in the Championship.
But will they be lethal in the Premiership?

Of course we could never be sure,  but I look at how clubs like Bournemouth and Palace have got some terrific players from there.

Personally think it'd be hard to find a player of similar impact levels, especially for the money we'd get, we might find someone who can score more goals, provide I'd argue against, but someone who will give as many goal contributions as a whole might be possible but at the cost of such a solid defensive player too.

In my opinion pereira's critisisms this season are harsh.
me to,also think if he goes we will miss him for his pressing .

Whitestone

Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 09, 2024, 07:40:46 PM
Quote from: btffc on April 05, 2024, 10:29:47 PM
Andreas drawing interest. Atletico and 1 other not listed club interested. He prefers to stay in the PL.
Take the money.
Far more lethal number 10's in the Championship.

Who are these Championship players ? Just asking because none spring to mind.

Tabby

Morgan Whittaker I guess. Hasn't been a lot of top number 10 players this season.

river phoenix

Callum O Hare probably, but I am not sure he is better than Andreas Pereira.

filham

Lets play Iwobi in the no10 role on Sunday to see how he compares with Periera.

SerbianLad

I see we are linked with Trevoh Chalobah. Not sure I'd like that. He had quite a few injuries and after a bright start to his career, he seems to have regressed recently. Also you just know Chelsea will want too much money for him. Would rather look elsewhere.

hovewhite

Quote from: SerbianLad on April 17, 2024, 12:30:30 PMI see we are linked with Trevoh Chalobah. Not sure I'd like that. He had quite a few injuries and after a bright start to his career, he seems to have regressed recently. Also you just know Chelsea will want too much money for him. Would rather look elsewhere.
Chelsea home grown,rip off price

alfie

Quote from: hovewhite on April 18, 2024, 11:47:35 AM
Quote from: SerbianLad on April 17, 2024, 12:30:30 PMI see we are linked with Trevoh Chalobah. Not sure I'd like that. He had quite a few injuries and after a bright start to his career, he seems to have regressed recently. Also you just know Chelsea will want too much money for him. Would rather look elsewhere.
Is it a rip off price?, clubs know the player, know what he can do, also know about injuries, so it's a club choice if they want to pay the fee Chelsea will be asking.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Yorkie_FFC

Quote from: alfie on April 18, 2024, 01:10:35 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on April 18, 2024, 11:47:35 AM
Is it a rip off price?, clubs know the player, know what he can do, also know about injuries, so it's a club choice if they want to pay the fee Chelsea will be asking.

Brother of Nathaniel Chalobah too

btffc

Chelsea wanted 30m for him last Summer. He's worth about half that at most. Also, his head is weird and it bothers me.

Bassey the warrior

We should look at the Brazilian market, Forest and Wolves have signed some ready made players for decent fees.

Forest: Danilo and Murillo.
Wolves: João Gomes.

Of course Muniz came from there but we'd want someone with more experience.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Bassey the warrior on April 18, 2024, 03:09:52 PMWe should look at the Brazilian market, Forest and Wolves have signed some ready made players for decent fees.

Pablo Maia is a long time link to us alongside Andre, and he's another highly rated DM/CM

river phoenix

Danilho Doekhi, a Dutch CB from Union Berlin who we are being linked with, looks good as a Tosin replacement. He was having a two very good seasons in Bundesliga and was a standout player at Vitesse before. Contract expiring next summer so shouldnt be too expensive.

demeant0r

Quote from: Bassey the warrior on April 18, 2024, 03:09:52 PMWe should look at the Brazilian market, Forest and Wolves have signed some ready made players for decent fees.

I don't disagree with those names but we really need to replace a home-grown with another home-grown. I believe we have about 11-12 out of the 25 that's home-grown which isn't very many.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: demeant0r on April 19, 2024, 08:26:28 AM

I don't disagree with those names but we really need to replace a home-grown with another home-grown. I believe we have about 11-12 out of the 25 that's home-grown which isn't very many.

Or we integrate Stansfield into the squad?

Free Elvis Hammond

Quote from: btffc on April 18, 2024, 02:08:33 PMAlso, his head is weird and it bothers me.

This is a good point actually, our squad at the moment is full of players with lovely heads. Can't think of our last successful player with a weird head, Odoi maybe but that seems harsh

SerbianLad

Lazar Samardzic will apparently be a free agent if Udinese get relegated because of the clause in his contract. Number 10, capped at various youth German national teams, recently chose to represent Serbia at senior level. Incredible technique (look for the solo goal vs Napoli for example), great shooting and passing ability, excellent workrate. Almost joined Inter in the summer and then Napoli in the winter (the Inter move fell through because of his father). If Pereira leaves, I think he'd be a great option.

I like Whittaker and O'Hare (that were already mentioned here) too, but I feel like Samarzic is more polished right now.

Drewry66

Quote from: SerbianLad on April 21, 2024, 01:57:12 PMLazar Samardzic will apparently be a free agent if Udinese get relegated because of the clause in his contract. Number 10, capped at various youth German national teams, recently chose to represent Serbia at senior level. Incredible technique (look for the solo goal vs Napoli for example), great shooting and passing ability, excellent workrate. Almost joined Inter in the summer and then Napoli in the winter (the Inter move fell through because of his father). If Pereira leaves, I think he'd be a great option.

I like Whittaker and O'Hare (that were already mentioned here) too, but I feel like Samarzic is more polished right now.

Looks quality. If on a free at 22 I'd be taking him even if AP stays if we have any chance of getting him. May be tough if Inter and Napoli are still sniffing around if on a free however.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Drewry66 on April 21, 2024, 02:16:31 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on April 21, 2024, 01:57:12 PMLazar Samardzic will apparently be a free agent if Udinese get relegated because of the clause in his contract. Number 10, capped at various youth German national teams, recently chose to represent Serbia at senior level. Incredible technique (look for the solo goal vs Napoli for example), great shooting and passing ability, excellent workrate. Almost joined Inter in the summer and then Napoli in the winter (the Inter move fell through because of his father). If Pereira leaves, I think he'd be a great option.

Looks quality. If on a free at 22 I'd be taking him even if AP stays if we have any chance of getting him. May be tough if Inter and Napoli are still sniffing around if on a free however.
He is quality. He's our prospect that I rate by far the highest. I expect him to be great at the Euro's too (if our clueless head coach plays him).

It would be tough to get him probably as you say, but I'm sure Lukic will have only nice things to say about the club and could put in a good word. Same with Mitro (despite everything that happened I'm sure he still has only nice things to say about the club even if it doesn't go the other way around).

LC

If we are looking at the lower leagues these players could be good additions:

Leif Davis
Morgan Whittaker
Jack Clarke
Gabriel Sara
Harrison Burrows
Ronnie Edwards

I think Sara would be a good signing