watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer thread 2023/24

Started by jayffc, November 25, 2023, 11:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

If Ipswich don;t go up, I'd like us to go for the leftback, Davis. Been really impressed with him every time I've watched him.

Thailand Mick

We have a problem with some positions where Marco has his number one and will not rest them to give the back up game time. Saturday was an ideal opportunity to give Toure a run out with Robinson having travelled a long way. I think we may have a problem attracting a player to be his back up next season if they see no game time and would we want an up and coming talent to just sit on the bench and not progress.

ianthailand

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 02, 2024, 10:56:19 AMIf Ipswich don;t go up, I'd like us to go for the leftback, Davis. Been really impressed with him every time I've watched him.
Very similar to Robinson of 2 or 3 years ago. Good going forward but needs a lot of work defensively. Believe they paid Leeds about a million for him.

Twig

We need to sign a CB to replace the already departed Tosin and a left sided attacker who we can develop as Willian's successor.

HV71

Quote from: Twig on April 02, 2024, 09:54:53 PMWe need to sign a CB to replace the already departed Tosin and a left sided attacker who we can develop as Willian's successor.

Agree 100% - but a tall order getting someone to replace the footballing skills and brain of Willian

ScalleysDad

Socks down, sleeves up Captain on the list?

btffc

Andreas drawing interest. Atletico and 1 other not listed club interested. He prefers to stay in the PL.

Barrett487

https://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-marco-silvas-side-make-contact-player-off-market-proposal-needed-signing/

'Fulham above all' – Marco Silva's side make contact for player, 'off-market proposal' needed for signing

Fulham continue to keep tabs on Juventus' Andrea Cambiaso, after looking at him in the winter market.

The left-back has excelled for the Serie A side this season, while operating as a wing-back. He's scored three goals and registered five assists from 30 games in all competitions.

Calciomercato state the 24-year-old has ended up in the sights of several Premier League sides, with 'Fulham above all'.

Their title says 'Cambiaso is requested in the Premier League' and within the report, Marco Silva's side are mentioned.
Cambiaso initially started the season as a backup before becoming an undisputed starter under Massimiliano Allegri. His 'exponential growth' at the Serie A side helped him make his debut for Italy last month.
The player's deal lasts until 2027 and the Turin club have to make a decision on whether to renew that deal with a deserved pay rise, or cash in from his sale in the summer.

As of now, Juve's desire is to retain him and also extend his contract with an improved deal as he currently earns €1m net per year. The report says the Italian club are only willing to part ways with Cambiaso if there's an 'off-market proposal'.

Calciomercato make no mention of a figure that's needed for Fulham or another club to convince Juventus to sell Cambiaso.

Barrett487

https://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-west-ham-handed-handed-chance-sign-player-hes-planning-transfer/

Fulham and West Ham may be handed their chance to sign AZ Alkmaar striker Vangelis Pavlidis in the summer, with him looking to move on.

That's according to Sky Sports Germany journalist Florian Plettenberg, who says the striker is 'planning a transfer' in the summer.

He reports that the Greek forward, who has 24 goals in 28 league games this season, 28 in 40 in all competitions and 75 goals in 125 games for Alkmaar since joining them in July 2021, wants to depart the Eredivisie.

JimOG

Quote from: Barrett487 on April 05, 2024, 10:38:08 PMhttps://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-marco-silvas-side-make-contact-player-off-market-proposal-needed-signing/

'Fulham above all' – Marco Silva's side make contact for player, 'off-market proposal' needed for signing

Fulham continue to keep tabs on Juventus' Andrea Cambiaso, after looking at him in the winter market.

The left-back has excelled for the Serie A side this season, while operating as a wing-back. He's scored three goals and registered five assists from 30 games in all competitions.

Calciomercato state the 24-year-old has ended up in the sights of several Premier League sides, with 'Fulham above all'.

Their title says 'Cambiaso is requested in the Premier League' and within the report, Marco Silva's side are mentioned.
Cambiaso initially started the season as a backup before becoming an undisputed starter under Massimiliano Allegri. His 'exponential growth' at the Serie A side helped him make his debut for Italy last month.
The player's deal lasts until 2027 and the Turin club have to make a decision on whether to renew that deal with a deserved pay rise, or cash in from his sale in the summer.

As of now, Juve's desire is to retain him and also extend his contract with an improved deal as he currently earns €1m net per year. The report says the Italian club are only willing to part ways with Cambiaso if there's an 'off-market proposal'.

Calciomercato make no mention of a figure that's needed for Fulham or another club to convince Juventus to sell Cambiaso.

Just looking at videos of him he does look a fine prospect at 24. Presumably this would only happen if Jedi goes for big money. The Italian can play right back too

SerbianLad

I see we've been linked to Jan Carlo Simic. Serbian centreback, born in Germany, RCB is his prefered position, but he can play as a LCB because he is very much two footed as well as rightback and defensive midfielder as he's got decent offensive qualities.

Only 4 appearances in the Serie A this season (was often an unused sub as well) and managed to score one goal. He played for the AC Milan youth team in the Primavera as well.

Very highly rated in both Italy and Serbia and it would be an exciting signing, but I'm not sure if he'd be able to play straight away, despite him not looking out of place at all in the Serie A games he played this season.

btffc

Quote from: SerbianLad on April 09, 2024, 07:10:05 PMI see we've been linked to Jan Carlo Simic. Serbian centreback, born in Germany, RCB is his prefered position, but he can play as a LCB because he is very much two footed as well as rightback and defensive midfielder as he's got decent offensive qualities.

Only 4 appearances in the Serie A this season (was often an unused sub as well) and managed to score one goal. He played for the AC Milan youth team in the Primavera as well.

Very highly rated in both Italy and Serbia and it would be an exciting signing, but I'm not sure if he'd be able to play straight away, despite him not looking out of place at all in the Serie A games he played this season.

Would love a signing like that. Not to be the primary RCB backup but to be a 5th CB while he develops. Him being two footed makes this even more attractive since he could cover the left side as well. As an 18 year old he wouldn't count against the 25 man squad so he could be carried as an extra CB without any downside and as we've seen this season, having 4 CBs is not really enough when injuries pile up. We were fortunate to never get into a disastrous situation but we were down to just 2 CBs for quite a few games this season. Then we have a long term player for the future who can grow into a being starter in 3-4 years.

Would have to sign a a RCB to compete with Diop to be a starter though and going for both would likely use up quite a bit of our money.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: btffc on April 05, 2024, 10:29:47 PM
Andreas drawing interest. Atletico and 1 other not listed club interested. He prefers to stay in the PL.
Take the money.
Far more lethal number 10's in the Championship.

alfie

Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 09, 2024, 07:40:46 PM
Take the money.
But will they be lethal in the Premiership?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

roberto w6

Does anyone know if Joachim Andersen is doing as well at Palace as he did for us?
I rated him so highly and was gutted when he and Areola left
I wonder if he'd come back or whether we should put in a cheeky bid. A good leader on the pitch and I recall he was quite young at the time so prob mid-late 20s now. Proven with us and therefore worth a big fee imo

Jims Dentist

Quote from: alfie on April 09, 2024, 07:45:14 PM
Take the money.

Of course we could never be sure,  but I look at how clubs like Bournemouth and Palace have got some terrific players from there.

Hugh Janus

Casemiro and Varane both available in the summer. I'm sure they could be persuaded for a stint in London. Sky high wages I would imagine.

btffc

Fulham have sent a scout to the Club Brugge-PAOK match tonight presumably to watch both Antonio Nusa and Giannis Konstantelias.

Willham

Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 10, 2024, 12:31:13 PM
Quote from: alfie on April 09, 2024, 07:45:14 PM
Take the money.

Of course we could never be sure,  but I look at how clubs like Bournemouth and Palace have got some terrific players from there.

Personally think it'd be hard to find a player of similar impact levels, especially for the money we'd get, we might find someone who can score more goals, provide I'd argue against, but someone who will give as many goal contributions as a whole might be possible but at the cost of such a solid defensive player too.

In my opinion pereira's critisisms this season are harsh.

ianthailand

Quote from: btffc on April 11, 2024, 06:20:30 PMFulham have sent a scout to the Club Brugge-PAOK match tonight presumably to watch both Antonio Nusa and Giannis Konstantelias.
That's his Football Badge completed now just needs Fire Lighting and Cooking.