more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ridiculous decision

Started by RAY Rock ????, March 21, 2024, 02:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: cookieg on March 22, 2024, 02:03:31 PM
Quote from: Steady Eddie Johnson on March 22, 2024, 11:08:34 AMPeople who love the flag have nothing going on in their lives so need something to cling on to.

Do the Scots not love their flag? The Welsh, the Irish - North and South of the border - not love theirs?

For me, no idea....not really thought about a flag before... it's a bit like the Fulham FC badge.... it's changed a few times in my lifetime.... doesn't really bother me

hovewhite

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 21, 2024, 05:46:47 PMAn insult to the English flag. Do not buy the kit!
it's bad enough the establishment would rather celebrate the Irish flag than the English celebration of st George.
This abonamation should be scrapped.

RAY Rock ????

It our heritage the FA are a disgrace for signing off on this I would like to see Nike mess around with the USA flag . Unacceptable boycott Nike and make this our Bud light moment. What's next the England badge

peachcobbler

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on March 22, 2024, 02:47:10 PMIt our heritage the FA are a disgrace for signing off on this I would like to see Nike mess around with the USA flag . Unacceptable boycott Nike and make this our Bud light moment. What's next the England badge

Now you are actually making it a real political issue by saying make it "our Bud Light" moment, do you mean English people or Straight people? Of all issues that have been protested why pick the one US equivalent that is about gay/trans rights? Jesus dude.

ffcne

Most tolerant and diverse country on the planet.
But if you happen to say you support the cross of St George
you are labelled as a bigot and a racist.

Lordedmundo

I agree that they should not have messed about with the flag. Very strange decision - almost as if they are deliberately trying to create controversy/debate.

The design of the shirt is fine (far better than the last abomination) - apart from the stupid, pointless double v collar.

Angus Telford

Quote from: fulhamfan on March 22, 2024, 12:08:17 PMall the angry gammons on here

Ah "gammons", a word that when used, invariably demonstrates all the characteristics the user is claiming to detest.

Also covers about the majority of the England football team's support base.

Holders

Shilton has said that "red white and blue are the colours we have on our flag". Coming from him, no further comment required.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ffcne on March 22, 2024, 03:12:14 PMMost tolerant and diverse country on the planet.
But if you happen to say you support the cross of St George
you are labelled as a bigot and a racist.

Who has labelled people as bigot & racist for supporting the flag

Tabby

Quote from: Lordedmundo on March 22, 2024, 04:02:57 PMI agree that they should not have messed about with the flag. Very strange decision - almost as if they are deliberately trying to create controversy/debate.

The design of the shirt is fine (far better than the last abomination) - apart from the stupid, pointless double v collar.

I doubt that they expected it to be seen as anything more than a neat detail that mirrors the kit colours added by some unsuspecting designer. Then people decided that it was changed due to woke or whatever.

Now we have 3 major parties coming out to condemn such an extreme non-issue. Back in the 'good old days' this would be treated as the non-issue that it is, but due to anti woke warriors it is now something that has to be discussed in parliament. People are so touchy these days.

filham

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 21, 2024, 06:44:24 PMThe only thing I find offensive is the price
Yes, I amazed that any sell at those prices.

SG

Quote from: filham on March 22, 2024, 07:21:28 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 21, 2024, 06:44:24 PMThe only thing I find offensive is the price
Yes, I amazed that any sell at those prices.
Yes £125 for a shirt is breaking new records. Still I wouldn't buy it under any circumstances so I guess that's irrelevant

Fulham1959

I think it was a disgrace that England wore red shirts in the 1966 World Cup Final, but I don't recall any fuss. 

Maybe that was because it was all black-and-white on our TV sets  ::smile:: 

St Eve

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 22, 2024, 02:09:25 PM
Quote from: cookieg on March 22, 2024, 02:03:31 PM
Quote from: Steady Eddie Johnson on March 22, 2024, 11:08:34 AMPeople who love the flag have nothing going on in their lives so need something to cling on to.

Do the Scots not love their flag? The Welsh, the Irish - North and South of the border - not love theirs?

For me, no idea....not really thought about a flag before... it's a bit like the Fulham FC badge.... it's changed a few times in my lifetime.... doesn't really bother me
Well I love our flag and I am not a fan of the Fulham FC badge. Preferred the previous one

fulhamfan

?

Fulham Tup North

£124 for a football shirt... give it a rest!!

I'm still a fan of the 1982 'Ray Wilkins' top myself  ::thumb::
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Asotosyios

Quote from: Twig on March 22, 2024, 10:52:03 AMNike have explained that during the early history of our national team we used blue and red as part of the design. Apparently they thought it would be fun to reference that early history by combining the two colours to create a purple effect.

So nothing to do with political correctness, gay pride, snowflakery etc. The far right idiots have just shipped up a storm over not a lot.

As to whether we like the kit, that's a quite different and personal opinion. I can't get excited about it either way.

I am not English and even though I support England in the big tournaments when Greece is not playing (which is not very often), the colour of the flag on the new shirt doesn't bother me that much.

However, I haven't seen the Nike explanation you provided (admittedly I haven't really spent much time on it) and only saw what Angus mentioned in an earlier post that Nike said that the "playful update" was meant to "unite and inspire" fans. Let's say the "inspire" part is because of the modern, trendy colours/design. How exactly does it "unite" fans and why would't the traditional red/white flag united fans?

Also, don't you think that you were a bit quick to come to the conclusion that everyone that didn't like the particular colour of the flag is a far-right idiot?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: blingo on March 22, 2024, 09:08:44 AM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 22, 2024, 04:13:44 AM
Quote from: Yorkie_FFC on March 21, 2024, 10:06:37 PMMade in Thailand too be interesting to see the profit margin!
I can buy a copy of these shirts for about 15 pound here in Thailand

Should have said 22 plus p&p  ::wink::
...yes and set up a link please... you'll clean up  ::wink::  ::thumb:: 
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

perry geyton

Nike
Rainbow flag for equality
Made literally by slaves living in poverty

Umbro or Admiral for England always 

Holders

Quote from: Fulham1959 on March 22, 2024, 08:15:22 PMI think it was a disgrace that England wore red shirts in the 1966 World Cup Final, but I don't recall any fuss. 

Maybe that was because it was all black-and-white on our TV sets  ::smile:: 

Red and white are the national colours and Germany won the toss for choice of kit.

Now Shilton thinks that blue is on the national flag. Idiot.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria