more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ridiculous decision

Started by RAY Rock ????, March 21, 2024, 02:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 25, 2024, 08:49:21 AM
Quote from: alfie on March 25, 2024, 08:43:15 AMA question, now please be honest, apart from when the camera focused on it for about 5 seconds, did anyone actually notice it during the game, I certainly didn't.

Nope, me neither to be honest. I get why some have taken offence to it. Grains of sands with this sort of stuff building mountains out of mole hills. I don't think Nike needed to change anything really, doesn't make sense but each to their own I suppose. I won't be building up blood pressure over it.
You are correct they didn't need to change it, but for me the 3 lions on the front is the most important thing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ffcne on March 24, 2024, 04:46:53 PM
Quote from: FreiBird on March 24, 2024, 02:58:46 AMThe fact it's rattled the gammons makes it a great kit.

Can you tell me 10 things that make someone a gammon.
Just want to see how many boxes i tick.
If you dont mind.

Lovely with a bit of apple chutney

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on March 25, 2024, 11:30:49 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on March 25, 2024, 08:49:21 AM
Quote from: alfie on March 25, 2024, 08:43:15 AMA question, now please be honest, apart from when the camera focused on it for about 5 seconds, did anyone actually notice it during the game, I certainly didn't.

Nope, me neither to be honest. I get why some have taken offence to it. Grains of sands with this sort of stuff building mountains out of mole hills. I don't think Nike needed to change anything really, doesn't make sense but each to their own I suppose. I won't be building up blood pressure over it.
You are correct they didn't need to change it, but for me the 3 lions on the front is the most important thing.

Yes, I do agree but I guess I still don't really appreciate why they felt the need to change the image on the black collar. I read their reasons but it didn't really stack up with whats actually happening. The cynic in me does wonder if they included to to try and overshadow the real crime of all this and that's the RRP of the shirt itself. Quite disgraceful.

Stevieboy

Quote from: cmg on March 21, 2024, 05:39:58 PM"Joey Barton, a one-cap wonder whose international career lasted a full 12 minutes, has been leading the dissenting voices, claiming the kit, which the Three Lions will wear at Euro 2024, has been Rainbow-fied."

If Joey doesn't like it, it's a winner for me.

I wonder how many England caps the journo who coined that title has ??
Before autocorrect I had 'journob', so it is intelligent!!

Colton F.C.

It all comes down to a football decision.  Would you as Kobbie Mainoo, or even Kyle Walker, as you look at the back of your shirt hanging on the peg in the Wembley dressing room with your name and number would you prefer to see a:

a)'A playful update on the St George's Cross' or as the manager described, 'not a red cross'.

b)The real flag of St George the national flag of England

Despite their stratospheric wages, playing for England and wearing the shirt does mean a lot to the players and the controversy, with the helpful interventions by politicians of all colours, has probably found a home somewhere in their heads.  Not by much but as we all know it is fine margins that effect matches.

Did it effect the result or performance?  Who knows but England were below par.  Passion and commitment are important parts of the game.

This is a total cock-up by the FA that was entirely foreseeable.  Call them gammon or whatever but a large percentage (maybe most) of people in England have some sort of affinity with the flag of St George and take a dim view of foreign companies messing with it.

Twig

Quote from: Colton F.C. on March 25, 2024, 06:26:10 PMIt all comes down to a football decision.  Would you as Kobbie Mainoo, or even Kyle Walker, as you look at the back of your shirt hanging on the peg in the Wembley dressing room with your name and number would you prefer to see a:

a)'A playful update on the St George's Cross' or as the manager described, 'not a red cross'.

Despite their stratospheric wages, playing for England and wearing the shirt does mean a lot to the players and the controversy, with the helpful interventions by politicians of all colours, has probably found a home somewhere in their heads.  Not by much but as we all know it is fine margins that effect matches.

Did it effect the result or performance?  Who knows but England were below par.  Passion and commitment are important parts of the game.

This is a total cock-up by the FA that was entirely foreseeable.  Call them gammon or whatever but a large percentage (maybe most) of people in England have some sort of affinity with the flag of St George and take a dim view of foreign companies messing with it.

Are you seriously suggesting there is even the remotest possibility that even one single player put in a below par performance or that the result was affected because of a tiny little embellishment on the back of the shirt? 

I get that some English people feel an affinity to the national flag but others couldn't care less. To me it's a minor misstep rather than a "total cock-up".

St Eve

Quote from: Twig on March 25, 2024, 07:48:43 PM
Quote from: Colton F.C. on March 25, 2024, 06:26:10 PMIt all comes down to a football decision.  Would you as Kobbie Mainoo, or even Kyle Walker, as you look at the back of your shirt hanging on the peg in the Wembley dressing room with your name and number would you prefer to see a:

Are you seriously suggesting there is even the remotest possibility that even one single player put in a below par performance or that the result was affected because of a tiny little embellishment on the back of the shirt? 

I get that some English people feel an affinity to the national flag but others couldn't care less. To me it's a minor misstep rather than a "total cock-up".
Absolutely. How else would you explain that performance!

Woolly Mammoth

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿  I agree with you  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 25, 2024, 09:55:07 PM

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿  I agree with you  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I can understand why players do not speak up about these tiresome kit charades, because they do not want to compromise their places in the team. It is up to supporters to do so or we may soon find that the three 'colonialist' lions have been replaced with three pieces of sports footwear ( one male shoe, one female shoe and one diversity shoe). The last few years have been extraordinary for daft football ideas. Expect more.

Yorkie_FFC

A lot of players won't speak out either as they have a sponsorship deal with Nike or another high profile brand for their boots or something and don't want to look like they are "stepping out of line". For me although not an England supporter, I find like all kits they are very overpriced for replicas even when the slightest same change has been made. Bizarrely England men's are in it in general for the "fun" as most of them donate their match fee to charity. Its surprising England do as well as they do, especially with the risk of injury.

RaySmith

cookieg

I wonder if the BNP will start to carry flags with "a playful update on the St George's Cross".

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FreiBird

Quote from: RaySmith on March 26, 2024, 02:27:39 PM'Woke' Guardian, football cartoonist David Squire's cartoon strip about this shirt controversy -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2024/mar/26/david-squires-on-england-flag-furore-kit-collar-woke-things-destroying-football

Can feel the steam coming off peoples heads as they read this, faces more red than any flag.

alfie

Quote from: FreiBird on March 28, 2024, 02:31:07 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on March 26, 2024, 02:27:39 PM'Woke' Guardian, football cartoonist David Squire's cartoon strip about this shirt controversy -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2024/mar/26/david-squires-on-england-flag-furore-kit-collar-woke-things-destroying-football

Can feel the steam coming off peoples heads as they read this, faces more red than any flag.

That was absolutely brilliant
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

Quote from: FreiBird on March 28, 2024, 02:31:07 PM

To the burns unit everyone. This kid toasted ya.

Angus Telford

Expected some excitement when I saw this thread resurrected.
Alas...

perry geyton

Nike currently working on a version of this one for the next World Cup