more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ridiculous decision

Started by RAY Rock ????, March 21, 2024, 02:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Quote from: Holders on March 23, 2024, 05:51:21 AM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on March 22, 2024, 08:15:22 PMI think it was a disgrace that England wore red shirts in the 1966 World Cup Final, but I don't recall any fuss. 

Maybe that was because it was all black-and-white on our TV sets  ::smile:: 

Red and white are the national colours and Germany won the toss for choice of kit.

Now Shilton thinks that blue is on the national flag. Idiot.

Does he mean the red, white and blue of the Union Jack?

Grassy Noel

The only thing that I find offensive about the kit is the Nike tick logo.  It will not be long before they incorporate it in the St George flag.

Holders

Quote from: RaySmith on March 23, 2024, 06:05:27 AM
Quote from: Holders on March 23, 2024, 05:51:21 AM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on March 22, 2024, 08:15:22 PMI think it was a disgrace that England wore red shirts in the 1966 World Cup Final, but I don't recall any fuss. 

Maybe that was because it was all black-and-white on our TV sets  ::smile:: 

Red and white are the national colours and Germany won the toss for choice of kit.

Now Shilton thinks that blue is on the national flag. Idiot.

Does he mean the red, white and blue of the Union Jack?

Presumably. The blue represents Scotland. He's known for his ignorance.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 22, 2024, 11:20:31 PM
Quote from: blingo on March 22, 2024, 09:08:44 AM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 22, 2024, 04:13:44 AM
Quote from: Yorkie_FFC on March 21, 2024, 10:06:37 PMMade in Thailand too be interesting to see the profit margin!
I can buy a copy of these shirts for about 15 pound here in Thailand

Should have said 22 plus p&p  ::wink::
...yes and set up a link please... you'll clean up  ::wink::  ::thumb:: 
https://www.facebook.com/somchai.jaidee.77985
this is his facebook page.

fulhamfan

Britain has absolutely gone down the culture wars rabbit hole where nothing stories like this are used to distract from failing governments, rising poverty, the housing crisis and so on. Anything to misdirect anger away from the people really causing havoc in people's lives (the rich, basically).

St Eve

Quote from: fulhamfan on March 23, 2024, 09:56:01 AMBritain has absolutely gone down the culture wars rabbit hole where nothing stories like this are used to distract from failing governments, rising poverty, the housing crisis and so on. Anything to misdirect anger away from the people really causing havoc in people's lives (the rich, basically).
Mmmm! Anyway they should not mess with the English flag

FreiBird

The fact it's rattled the gammons makes it a great kit.

demeant0r

Not English or British but today I learned that being proud of your country and not wanting to see your flag changed means you're a gammon 🙄

Holders

I flew back into Gatwick yesterday and there's a sign saying "you're welcome to the UK". I thought - "yep".

Southcoastffc

Nike PR "See, I told you all publicity is good publicity" $$$$$$$$$$$$
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Holders on March 24, 2024, 11:42:11 AMI flew back into Gatwick yesterday and there's a sign saying "you're welcome to the UK". I thought - "yep".

They let you back in.... I'll be having a quiet word with the authorities

FFC1987

Quote from: FreiBird on March 24, 2024, 02:58:46 AMThe fact it's rattled the gammons makes it a great kit.

Gen Z cringe.

ffcne

Quote from: FreiBird on March 24, 2024, 02:58:46 AMThe fact it's rattled the gammons makes it a great kit.

Can you tell me 10 things that make someone a gammon.
Just want to see how many boxes i tick.
If you dont mind.

Angus Telford

Quote from: ffcne on March 24, 2024, 04:46:53 PM

If you dont mind.

Here's 4: white, working class, middle-aged, male.

The sentiment is as vile as any other gender, class, age or race-based epithet but via some contorted groupthink the people that use it reassure themselves that they're still on the moral high ground.

On the plus side, for exactly that reason it serves as good indicator that someone is intellectually limited and debating with them is a waste of time.

Holders

Quote from: Angus Telford on March 24, 2024, 06:07:37 PM

If you dont mind.

Here's 4: white, working class, middle-aged, male.

The sentiment is as vile as any other gender, class, age or race-based epithet but via some contorted groupthink the people that use it reassure themselves that they're still on the moral high ground.

On the plus side, for exactly that reason it serves as good indicator that someone is intellectually limited and debating with them is a waste of time.

They mind their knuckles on the step when going through doors.

FreiBird

If you dont mind.

• Bright Red Face
  • Offended by Everything
  • Cry about a flag on a shirt that's been altered 100s of times but only now makes them tear up because the colours are sort of near something they're probably repressing
  • Try to equate Gammon to actual slurs
Just a couple.

FFC1987

Quote from: FreiBird on March 25, 2024, 01:33:12 AM

If you dont mind.

• Bright Red Face
  • Offended by Everything
  • Cry about a flag on a shirt that's been altered 100s of times but only now makes them tear up because the colours are sort of near something they're probably repressing
Just a couple.

As much as I love a troll, you're becoming more and more boring in an attempt to be funny. Trying way too hard.

alfie

A question, now please be honest, apart from when the camera focused on it for about 5 seconds, did anyone actually notice it during the game, I certainly didn't.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

demeant0r

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 25, 2024, 07:58:05 AM
Quote from: FreiBird on March 25, 2024, 01:33:12 AM

If you dont mind.

• Bright Red Face
  • Offended by Everything
Just a couple.

As much as I love a troll, you're becoming more and more boring in an attempt to be funny. Trying way too hard.

Going back over Freibird's posts, he likes to quote posts from months or weeks before that he deems were bad and retrospectively troll/insult that poster. Not the nicest person.

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on March 25, 2024, 08:43:15 AMA question, now please be honest, apart from when the camera focused on it for about 5 seconds, did anyone actually notice it during the game, I certainly didn't.

Nope, me neither to be honest. I get why some have taken offence to it. Grains of sands with this sort of stuff building mountains out of mole hills. I don't think Nike needed to change anything really, doesn't make sense but each to their own I suppose. I won't be building up blood pressure over it.