watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Send Burn back, or

Started by Admin, January 14, 2014, 08:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Throw him in against Arsenal? Might as well, what else has he, or we got to lose? We're expected to lose anyway, and if Burn wants to make the step up, then what an opportunity. Even if we came away with a respectable 1-0 or 2-1 lost to the league leaders, it would be a massive defensive improvement. Yes we run the risk of destroying the boys confidence if we get smashed 5-0, but, at least you'd know he wasn't ready, and send him back to Brum.

Robbie

Play him - Hangers, Stek and Burn .... we need more height ...and some young legs

sunburywhite

Have to keep him with Hangers
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

elgreenio

Send him back, Arsenal are a different class to Norwich reserves x 2
touch my camera through the fence

Khan You Dig It

As far as I'm concerned, we should be playing the same team as tonight, with the exception of Parker for Karagounis.

Burt

Schwarzer doing some pitch side half time analysis for BT Sport commented just now that we look a much more solid outfit with Stek in goal and Hangeland and Burn in defence.

Robbie

Agree with Khan ...  Parker is the only one I would bring in from Saturday.  The big call is going to be Berbs, who I think is done. Too many stupid flicks, too much drama and now no goals !

Admin

Quote from: elgreenio on January 14, 2014, 08:36:03 PM
Send him back, Arsenal are a different class to Norwich reserves x 2

They are, but are Hughes, Senderos and Amorebieta a different class to Burn? Based on recent performances, no!

Enter the Frei

Honestly he doesn't too comfortable when in possesion, but he looks very assured in other parts of his game. As you say it's time to test him out in the league, but I wouldn't send him back out on loan no matter what now. He looks like he's at least ready to play a bit part in our squad.

One Martin Thomas

Not into this demoralising rubbish 'cos we conceded 5.  Arsenal got tonked by how many at OldTrafford not that long ago and I bet there were a few youngsters in their team ?!  As a player you have got to experience the highs and the lows to develop.  Why not let Burn do that with us ?

Even if we were middle of the league, ManCity or Arsenal could still put a few past us as they could any team outside the top 6.

All Rene needs to ask is "Is Burn good enough ?"

Enter the Frei

Only other thing I'd add is that when you look at him play he's not the sort of centre back that's suited to playing against Arsenal. Maybe don't chuck him in for his premier league debut against them, but keep him as part of our squad now.

ferndownwhite

We should keep Dan Burn and let him get time in the Premiership  and he will be good cover although I would play him in preference to Amorebieta.  Aaron Hughes also still has a lot to offer.

tslyon

Keep him!  The twin towers of Fullham's defense!!! 

RaySmith

You'd think Rene and the coaching staff must be thinking about playing him at the Arse , or at least not sending him back.

Inferior opposition perhaps, but we looked so much more solid at the back with him and Brede, and Stek in goal. Even Richardson looked  good at full back!

Parkway Drive

With our other options currently only being Senderos, Amorebieta and Hughes I'd definitely have no problem with him staying/starting here.

btings

jeremyfulham

Clean sheet for 1st time in ages he is hungry and dejagah has to play every game surely ????

bobby01

Prepared to shout at his peers and keep them organised, god we need a left back but burn hangers and reither looked good. What a good triangle of reither, Kasami and askan
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Jamie88

:plus one:

Can't agree more. Every time the camera showed him he was barking orders/reminding everyone to do their jobs. Top CB

btings

Surprisingly mobile, very situationally aware.  He and Hangeland worked very well together.