News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?

Started by LBNo11, February 20, 2010, 07:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Nice story. Fulham is full of fans that actually have to work at it. Try following a noon match in SoCal. My wife thinks I'm nuts to get up at 4 AM for a football game. I cant imagine how those down under do it  :down_under: Of course it is all worth it. Well, except that the whining of the past 18 months has gotten out of hand. Life is not without its burdens. LOL
Post more often and work on those girls. You could always threaten to abandon them in Chelsea and see if that'll get them in line.
Here's at ya!  :beer:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Staffs White

Cheers YJ

Don't envy you having to get up at 4 in the morning. Both girls know under no circumstances are they ever to support Chelsea, although my eldest daughter is currently making noises about supporting Arsenal. I'm sure her mum is behind it all

YankeeJim

Arsenal is not so bad. At least they play pretty football. On the other hand, if she were pushing Chelsea........well, lets just say  the jury would probably find it justifiable.

larsdogg

Hey Folks!

I am Matt originally from Cincinnati, OH, USA, and have been following Fulham since the 2010-2011 season. Originally turned on to Fulham because of the Deuce and other previous american connections. Had the opportunity to visit the Cottage(2014) for a game when I was studying abroad, and saw them beat Bolton 4-0 :yay:

Looking forward to cheering on the Whites this season and getting to know the FoF community a bit better!

Cheers,
Matt
Wake up early to fish, Wake up early to watch Fulham

love4ffc

Quote from: larsdogg on September 01, 2016, 05:16:17 AM
Hey Folks!

I am Matt originally from Cincinnati, OH, USA, and have been following Fulham since the 2010-2011 season. Originally turned on to Fulham because of the Deuce and other previous american connections. Had the opportunity to visit the Cottage(2014) for a game when I was studying abroad, and saw them beat Bolton 4-0 :yay:

Looking forward to cheering on the Whites this season and getting to know the FoF community a bit better!

Cheers,
Matt

Great to have you Matt and great to see another fellow American on the board starsnstripes  look forward to see you more on the board and reading your post.   049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

derek_wheeler47

derek_wheeler47

Lyle from Hangeland

Howdy! My name is Lyle, and I am a Fulham fan going back to the 2006-2007 season. I live in Brede Hangeland's birthplace of Houston, Texas. I am originally from Louisiana, but have lived in Texas for over a decade now. I used to be a member of the FFC website forum way back when as Crispus Attucks, and I was a forum poster at FulhamUSA when it existed. I even met up with a couple of FulhamUSA folks years ago at a Houston pub to watch Fulham play.

I haven't been following Fulham super closely the last several years, but I am back to paying more attention now. I chose Fulham for its history, Craven Cottage, and the fact that it wasn't a powerhouse club. The character of the club just seems to fit my personality more than some other clubs. It's gentlemanly. The Americans on the team, like McBride and Bocanegra, helped at the time too.

YankeeJim

I remember you as Crispus. I wonder if our hosts ever figured out who the real Crispus was? Welcome back. The overseas board has been almost inactive for some time. A lot of yanks bailed when Deuce did. The horrible football under Jol and the crazy kraut didn't help.

BTW, hope you and yours came out pf the recent hurricane/flooding ok.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 26, 2017, 10:12:14 PM
I remember you as Crispus. I wonder if our hosts ever figured out who the real Crispus was? Welcome back. The overseas board has been almost inactive for some time. A lot of yanks bailed when Deuce did. The horrible football under Jol and the crazy kraut didn't help.

BTW, hope you and yours came out pf the recent hurricane/flooding ok.

What's up? Yeah, I posted quite regularly under Crispus Attucks. Loved it. I remember one person saying something about it, but I think they were American. Good times.

I made out okay during Harvey. Weirdest hurricane I've ever been through. Wasn't all that powerful for Houston, but then the thing took 5-6 days to move past us dropping an insane amount of water. Where I live got standing water of over a foot. I live in a second floor apartment and made out fine. I had to take a neighbor in from the first floor. They got 5-6 inches of water in their place. The water receded very quickly so we weren't in need of rescue. It wasn't a bayou, creek, lake, reservoir, or river flooding. Most people in Houston made out fine, but if you were right up near a body of water, you probably had catastrophic flooding. Some folks within walking distance of me with homes near White Oak bayou got wiped out. The level the water had to get to get inside their houses is amazing. Houston is picking up and moving forward.

I never really stopped following Fulham, but once FulhamUSA had website issues and the Fulham forum went away, I just kept away from Fulham fandom. Got back into baseball following the Astros in some lean years, but recognized they were building up something good, which is happening now.

Fulham looks good though. Bought the TV package. Watched the Boro and Forest games. Likeable team and I admire the owner Khan. Seems like a cool dude.

I have been watching more Bundesliga now too. I was a student in Germany and worked there one summer. I was near Cologne and pay attention to  1. FC Koeln. Great fans, but their team is a mess right now. Historically a big team in Germany, but since the late 90s they've been a yoyo team, going up and down.

Putneydigital

Kia ora all from Auckland NZ. I've been here 16 years. Technology smiles on me now as I can get up n watch at 4am!
55 years old from Putney, first game taken to CC by my brother in '71 v Charlton, won 1-0 and hooked.

Glorious years up until 77 when I got an undeserved kick in that put me off going for many years but always checked scores, drifted back in 90s during Phoenix era!

Loving the way Slav has us sorted. Exciting times and love some of the groups on FB as some great characters!!

Cheers for letting us in. Usually well behaved but like most like caps drop a F occasionally. Looking forward to discussions here. Wish site had update to more accessible on mobiles.

Cheers all. Dave

ramon_rbb

Hi Friends.

My name is Ramón and I am from Two Sisters a city of Seville, in Spain. My fauvorite team is Real Betis Balompié, why Fulham is a good question.
To get started, I love the English league, the charm of its stadiums and when I first saw in photo Craven Cottage, I fell in love, wonderful.
Since that day I follow everything I can to Fulham.
The past November of 2013 I fulfilled a dream, I visited Craven Cottage to see a football match, Fulham vs Swansea. I wouldn´t forget this day, the only bad point, the result, defeat.
But see Craven Cottage, see a football match and when the match ended, appreciate the stadium and watch a dream come true, it's fantastic.
This year I want to come back and watch another game.
I have registred to this forum to talk about Fulham, meet other fans and to get better my level of English, I need to improve it  :003: :003:

Regards

YankeeJim

richnj

Tried registering a few times, but this one finally stuck.  I think it was my username.  But anyway...

- From New Jersey in the States, played soccer as my main sport all growing up.
- Been a Fulham fan since McBride days (though not the main reason why I chose the club).  Working in a global job (and in many cases directly for a Brit or two), I know a lot of folks overseas, and everyone obviously had their club.  I stayed a general fan for a bit, and once I was more familiar with the Premier League, found the history of Fulham as London's oldest club, and the Cottage, as something I could get behind, even if they weren't 17-time League champions, etc etc..
- Visited Craven Cottage in summer of 2013 with my 3 boys in tow (all soccer players).  Was allowed to go out to the pitch, since it was off-season, got some great pictures.  Great time.  One of my sons is a Liverpool fan.  At least he hates Chelsea.

AnOldBrownie

My first post.

Let me start by saying I've only been a real fan of the beautiful sport for the past five years. (I turn 51 next month)

I live in Los Angeles, California...born in a small town in Virginia where I wouldn't have ever heard of the sport of soccer if my mother hadn't moved me to Los Angeles when I was 13. (this was before I learned that UVA actually has a decent soccer program)

Since I was 8 years old I've been a Pittsburgh Steelers fan....my favorite athlete of all time is Dr. Julius Erving (basketball known as Dr. J).  My most recent favorite athlete has been Kobe Bryant.

So my favorite sports to watch use to be American Football and Basketball.

12 years ago I divorced my wife.   At the time my daughter was 2 years old.

10 years ago....the man that ended up spending those last 12 years with my ex...started coaching soccer to my 4 year old daughter.

My daughter now plays club soccer...and she just made the team for her high school squad as well.(9th grade)

I've always loved watching my daughter play soccer...but I didn't start to LOVE the sport until I saw my first EPL match between Manchester United and Arsenal.    NBCSN introduced me to Manchester United and GOOD football (I never liked the Los Angeles Galaxy OR the MLS because I simply thought it didn't look like "good" football)

So yes...I now include Manchester United with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Football Club as the sports franchises that I really like a lot.   The Steelers are the only team that fall into that LOVE catagory because they were my first.

Why Fulham?

Mostly because of the owner.    He's an American success story...he also happens to own an NFL team that I was hoping would come to Los Angeles a few years ago.   I didn't want the RAMS or the CHARGERS back in LA.  I wanted the Jaguars...whose games I'd started watching along with my Steelers.

Clint Dempsey...always respected him as a fighter.   Decent footballer imo.

I've now watched 3 full Fulham matches.

They play better ball than Manchester United.    They actually use their #9 (Mitrovic) the way United DON'T use Romalu Lukaku.  Fulham have an offensive identity that I can see.   United don't.

Fulham is more entertaining to watch than United has been the past 3 seasons.  I hate Jose Mourinho.

The only thing Fulham appears to be missing are two world class defenders.   One to play CB and one to play LB.

Otherwise...the team is an entertaining team to watch.

Last thing I'll say is that over the past 5 years world football has become my clear cut favorite sport to watch.   

I owe that love to Manchester United and my daughter.

Thank you to both.

Edit:   I just joined FulhamTV and I've gone back and watched 5 (90 minute) of the matches that started Fulham's unbeaten streak last season.    Great broadcasts.

I should have at least 20 matches under my belt by the time the international break is over.  :)

YankeeJim

Welcome! I live just north of LA, in the hills west of Palmdale and east of Castaic. A small part of Cali that is still what it used to be. I'm planning on moving out next year. Agree with you about the Galaxy and Mourinho. I too can't get into MLS. Bradley has done a good job at LAFC but the quality of the football to put it bluntly, is poor. I lost interest in the NFL some year ago. The games seem to be more about personalities than the actual game. That and ESPN can't broadcast any sort of sport without making the announcers more important then the actual contest.If you haven't heard a FFC match broadcast by Gentleman Jim, you are in for a treat. He is the original "homer". He is wonderfully partial and his voice just gushes with his love for Fulham.

I think you'll find our British hosts to be quite wonderful. Keep quiet about ManU. On here they're known as Manure and Chelsea is known as the blue poo or the scum. LOL There are a number of Americans on here. I joined when McBride came aboard, 2004 I think. There are many of the locals who were born into Fulham. A number have been fans for 60-70 years. Keep in touch and post often. If you get snipped at, ignore it and phrase all that is Fulham.  082.gif

Bohemian White

Hi everyone, long time guest, registered yesterday because I think I need a place to vent as this season unravels. Born in Hammersmith, grew up in Wandsworth. My uncle, a Chelsea fan, would take me to any local game that was cheap (it seems unbelievable now, but you used to be able to decide on the day what match you would take in). I hated Chelsea, Brentford and QPR barely registered with me, but something about The Cottage, the colours and the walk to the ground made me a Fulham fan. I was a season ticket holder in the Riverside, but in 2011 I moved to the Czech Republic to raise my family with my Czech wife. If any of the guys here are ever in Pilsen and fancy a few of the excellent local beers and a football chat let me know! 

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Bohemian White on February 10, 2019, 04:56:11 PM
Hi everyone, long time guest, registered yesterday because I think I need a place to vent as this season unravels. Born in Hammersmith, grew up in Wandsworth. My uncle, a Chelsea fan, would take me to any local game that was cheap (it seems unbelievable now, but you used to be able to decide on the day what match you would take in). I hated Chelsea, Brentford and QPR barely registered with me, but something about The Cottage, the colours and the walk to the ground made me a Fulham fan. I was a season ticket holder in the Riverside, but in 2011 I moved to the Czech Republic to raise my family with my Czech wife. If any of the guys here are ever in Pilsen and fancy a few of the excellent local beers and a football chat let me know!

How Pilsen doing these days? I rode through their on a train to Prague in 2000. It looked like it had some old charm to it, but also a bit rusted out.