News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?

Started by LBNo11, February 20, 2010, 07:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rj Fulham

hey all! my first post  049:gif

ive been following fulham for about 8 years now, when i first started watching football more seriously! i think my main reason was mark schwarzer was there at the time sho is an aussie like myself, and  i liked looking back at fulhams vast history and how they pulled themselves up from dark days to where they are now! needless to say i fell in love with the club and i would watch any game i could even ones at 5 6am aussie time (fulham night games are a nightmare!)

most of my  mates follow top 4 clubs but i dont care, my support lies at the cottage!!  049:gif 049:gif

Aussie_Fulham

Quote from: Rj Fulham on August 02, 2019, 11:25:25 AM

ive been following fulham for about 8 years now, when i first started watching football more seriously! i think my main reason was mark schwarzer was there at the time sho is an aussie like myself, and  i liked looking back at fulhams vast history and how they pulled themselves up from dark days to where they are now! needless to say i fell in love with the club and i would watch any game i could even ones at 5 6am aussie time (fulham night games are a nightmare!)

most of my  mates follow top 4 clubs but i dont care, my support lies at the cottage!!  049:gif 049:gif
Exact same reason I started following fulham - Mark Schwarzer! Followed him from Boro to Fulham and fell in love with the club and the rest is history. Lived over in London for a bit over a year and was lucky enough to be over there for the entire season we were promoted. Some absolute brilliant memories I'll take to the grave with me - overcoming a 1-0 deficit in our play off against Derby to book ourselves a spot at Wembley and being one of the first ones over the fence to pitch invade at full time and running over to a bewildered Ryan Sessengnon and hugging and celebrating with him. Winning the play off final at Wembley. The day was just absolutely perfect. Pre match at one of our designated pubs who's name escapes me had an amazing vibe about it. Really set the tone for an amazing day for the club.

Fulham supporters are few and far between over here given everyone supports a top 4 club. Refreshing to see another Aussie Fulham supporter!

Rj Fulham

Quote from: Aussie_Fulham on August 03, 2019, 03:30:31 AM
Quote from: Rj Fulham on August 02, 2019, 11:25:25 AM

Exact same reason I started following fulham - Mark Schwarzer! Followed him from Boro to Fulham and fell in love with the club and the rest is history. Lived over in London for a bit over a year and was lucky enough to be over there for the entire season we were promoted. Some absolute brilliant memories I'll take to the grave with me - overcoming a 1-0 deficit in our play off against Derby to book ourselves a spot at Wembley and being one of the first ones over the fence to pitch invade at full time and running over to a bewildered Ryan Sessengnon and hugging and celebrating with him. Winning the play off final at Wembley. The day was just absolutely perfect. Pre match at one of our designated pubs who's name escapes me had an amazing vibe about it. Really set the tone for an amazing day for the club.

Fulham supporters are few and far between over here given everyone supports a top 4 club. Refreshing to see another Aussie Fulham supporter!

likewise mate! though it will be tough this year with my mates all watching prem football , ill be watching as many fulham games as i can, win lose or draw! 

funnily enough ive seen people around town in sunderland tops, sheff wed tops, so not all australians are glory hunters, just not many smart ones like us  049:gif

YankeeJim

Welcome to the two of you. Our Aussie contingent has fallen off since the esteemed Corked Hat past. I've been chasing the Whites since 2004 when Brian McBride (McGod) came aboard and just fell in love with the club. Gentlemen and gentle ladies abound along with a few horse's petutes. You'll figure out who they are the first time your opinion differs. In all in good fun.
RJ, great name BTW!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Litrecola_

From Calgary, Canada
Have always supported Fulham (20 yrs). I lived in Scotland and would fly down on weekends to my friends place in London. He lived in Hammersmith and I would time my weekends to coincide with games at the cottage. I brought my wife there 4 years ago just for her to see it.

AquaSupreme

Hi everyone! I just joined this board today, though I have been supporting Fulham from twitter for a while now (@RSLboi).

I am from St. George, UT, USA (though I am often in SLC watching Real Salt Lake).

Started supporting Fulham back in 16/17. My mom had bought me a Man City jacket when I was a kid, so I always had supported them. In 16/17 ESPN had just started showing some Championship games, so I decided I should pick a Championship team. I picked Fulham because of the Radiohead song Ful Stop (figured the "Ful" might have been related), and because their kits were sweet. Started to read about the history of the club and realized basically every American star had played here. Over the next year of watching Fulham, I realized supporting a team that always wins like City wasn't any fun and my love for Fulham was growing strong. Once the 17/18 season started, I was a full fledged Fulhamaniac, and it's stayed like that ever since.

COYW

YankeeJim

Wise decision lad. I too started with Citi when Claudio Reyna was there but after a bad match the trash came out of the woodwork and bashed Reyna with endless xenophobic slurs. There is very little of that with FFC and none with the long time people. Great bunch here. (Mostly, LOL)
The FFC website has an inexpensive way to watch the majority of the Whites matches so check it out.
Remember, Brian McBride's correct name is McGod. Great captain and a great competitor and roundly loved at FOF.
Welcome! COYW

georgiajohn

I am from Shepherds Bush but live in Powder Springs Georgia US.
Why Fulham, my mothers family used to live just down the road from the cottage and got Bombed out in the war, all her brothers were Fulham fans, so it was only natural they would take me to the games. I think my first game was when I was 5 in 1953, we moved to Vauxhall but always Fulham
I was at first a QPR supporter because I was born just down the road from loftus road and could hear the crowd, but Fulham through and through, used to travel with the lads in the late 60's and early 70's but then married an American girl so my visits to CC are pretty rare these days.

Tanker64

Well, I had never been a huge football fan until I married my wife, who's half English, and met her father, who's a lifetime Fulham fan and introduced me to the sport.
I've since then started following British, French and Russian football as well as the Belgian league, and I've been cheering for Fulham for over a decade now... man, it doesn't help me feel any younger!

YankeeJim

Welcome Tanker. Best place in football is next to the Thames. Things are a bit slow at the moment. Seems there is some sort of virus going round. It'll all get better when the Mighty Whites come out of hibernation.

FanFromJapan

1) What country and city/town are you from?
Montreal, Canada...born & raised. Work has brought me to Japan several times. I started off as 'FanFromJapan' on the old, official message board. I switched to 'HPFlashman' before it shut down.

2) Why do you support The Fulham Football Club?
At first, I was following Paul Peschisolido's career. That was in the spring of 1999. Then, Fulham charmed me. All Canadian fans know Graham Leggat. He was a broadcaster/announcer in Canada. When I found out he is a legend of the club, I was completely sold.  :wow:

3) Did you support another team before Fulham?
The Montreal Manic (Yes, it's a club).

Polecat-Voice of Reason

Hi. My first post after tiring somewhat of the Fulham Independent (TIFF) board.

Lived in Teddington until I was 18 (1983). Dad used to take me one week to Fulham the next to Scum when we were both in the old 2nd Division. Made me choose but suggested Fulham. I didn't need much convincing. As a child going to Fulham you'd be passed down to the front of the terrace so you could see the game. At HT and FT you'd find your dad! Stamford Bridge just a horrible cauldron of neanderthal, NF scum.

Moved to Australia with my Australian mum. Hard to support from Australia in those dark days before the Internet and our rise to the Premier League. Sometimes I'd have to wait until Tuesday to see scores from Saturday games!

For the last 12 years, I've taught in international schools in Vietnam (where I presently am), Germany and Lao and got back to London and the odd game sporadically. Moving to Hong Kong to continue the teaching odyssey in a month (yes, you can get flights now from HCMC to Hong Kong). My 15 year old son has never lived in England but is solid Fulham. Sorry George.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Polecat-Voice of Reason on June 20, 2020, 09:20:08 AM
Hi. My first post after tiring somewhat of the Fulham Independent (TIFF) board.

Lived in Teddington until I was 18 (1983). Dad used to take me one week to Fulham the next to Scum when we were both in the old 2nd Division. Made me choose but suggested Fulham. I didn't need much convincing. As a child going to Fulham you'd be passed down to the front of the terrace so you could see the game. At HT and FT you'd find your dad! Stamford Bridge just a horrible cauldron of neanderthal, NF scum.

Moved to Australia with my Australian mum. Hard to support from Australia in those dark days before the Internet and our rise to the Premier League. Sometimes I'd have to wait until Tuesday to see scores from Saturday games!

For the last 12 years, I've taught in international schools in Vietnam (where I presently am), Germany and Lao and got back to London and the odd game sporadically. Moving to Hong Kong to continue the teaching odyssey in a month (yes, you can get flights now from HCMC to Hong Kong). My 15 year old son has never lived in England but is solid Fulham. Sorry George.

Welcome! My wife has a cousin who's living near Saigon. He served over there, met a girl and over the years decided to go back and stay. Even though I was there at a negative time (1968), I found the country beautiful and the people generally cordial.  Like to go back some day.
I'm always interested when I find a White even further from the Cottage than I am (SoCal). Anyway, post often.

FFC-Belgium

) I come from Belgium, La Louvière.

2) I support Fulham since may 2007 then my first trip at Craven Cottage. 1-0 against Liverpool with a goal of Dempsey. 

3) RAAL (1912-2009)

WhiteJC

Quote from: FFC-Belgium on April 22, 2021, 07:41:33 PM
) I come from Belgium, La Louvière.

2) I support Fulham since may 2007 then my first trip at Craven Cottage. 1-0 against Liverpool with a goal of Dempsey. 

3) RAAL (1912-2009)

Welcome to Friends of Fulham

hopefully one day soon we'll be able to get back to the Cottage

jlhotsauce

I have been a Fulham Fan for over ten years now. I follow them as the letters on their kits FFC stuck with me from early days of watching Premier League football. Early in my football days I supported Chelsea during the John Terry/Didier Drogba period. However I have been solid with my Fulham support since that time. Thanks for letting me on board and good luck lads against Chelsea this Saturday. Relegation? NO!

gralu_AT

Hi guys!

I'm actually a Spurs supporter and have been visiting the Lane multiple times per year from here in Austria until Covid came. Now I'll be there from Oct 15th to 18th for the NFL London games and I just can't leave London without a proper football stadium experience.

As Spurs do not play this weekend unfortunately I have decided that Fulham might be the best option. The Arse, West Ham and Chelski are no option obviously as I hate them as much as you do probably. Always liked Fulham especially because of their cool home ground. So it will be Fulham vs QPR on October 16th.

Now I got some questions regarding the ticketing process, honestly couldn't find anything on their official homepage. Do I need to be a member to gain access to match tickets? What is the area inside the stadium with the best atmosphere? How much are the tickets? Is there any pub around the ground for a pre match beer with good atmosphere?

Would appreciate if some of you could answer my questions. Can't wait to visit the Craven Cottage!

rgrds from Austria
Lukas

RichTrue

I'm from St. Louis, Missouri ( just like Tim Ream).

It's sort of a silly story of how I became a Fulham fan. On my first visit to London, I happened to rent an apartment on Wardo Ave.  While out on a walk around the neighborhood,  I came upon Craven Cottage and was just struck by it's charm. The Johnny Haynes statue was another thing that added to the idea that this team had deep roots, and I was interested in finding out much more about the team. I was a little surprised to find the team is owned by Illinois native, and almost-St. Louis Rams owner Shahid Kahn. (He put an offer in but was outbid by Stan Kroenke,  who quickly moved the team to Los Angeles.)

I'm a recent fan of soccer, and I'm eager to learn more about the sport. I do like American football and baseball, but have found both of those sports have become overburdened with so many rules that the games are becoming tedious. I really don't know much about the team, or the league, but I am learning a lot, and am really excited about watching Fulham this season.

love4ffc

Quote from: RichTrue on August 18, 2021, 03:18:30 AM
I'm from St. Louis, Missouri ( just like Tim Ream).

It's sort of a silly story of how I became a Fulham fan. On my first visit to London, I happened to rent an apartment on Wardo Ave.  While out on a walk around the neighborhood,  I came upon Craven Cottage and was just struck by it's charm. The Johnny Haynes statue was another thing that added to the idea that this team had deep roots, and I was interested in finding out much more about the team. I was a little surprised to find the team is owned by Illinois native, and almost-St. Louis Rams owner Shahid Kahn. (He put an offer in but was outbid by Stan Kroenke,  who quickly moved the team to Los Angeles.)

I'm a recent fan of soccer, and I'm eager to learn more about the sport. I do like American football and baseball, but have found both of those sports have become overburdened with so many rules that the games are becoming tedious. I really don't know much about the team, or the league, but I am learning a lot, and am really excited about watching Fulham this season.

Welcome RichTrue to the boards.  I followed Bryan McBride to FFC back in 2004 and have fully enjoyed the ups and downs of being a Fulham fan.  If you do your research you'll find that there is no other team in Europe that has had or currently has more American players.  Long may that be true  049:gif

Look forward to seeing and hearing more from you on the boards. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

FFC Convict

Born raised in Melbourne Australia
Lived in Hammersmith for 2 years in the mid 90s. Went to QPR and Chelsea games but even though we were almost last in the 3rd tier and the other 2 were in the premier league, I loved standing at the Cottage and have been an avid fan since.
Proud to say after two visits since I lived in London that I've seen us play and win in all 4 divisions.
Never miss a result or game on Bein sport when we play
FTID ⚔️