watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou: Merged

Started by Sammyffc, August 20, 2014, 10:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

mitro isnt right for the championship so says felix who hasnt managed in it before but that 17 year old i'll give him a chance to show me what he can do but not the 12m pound forward i know hes not good enough without playing him, the man is a fruit loop.

Bill2

Quote from: mccscratch on August 20, 2014, 10:29:27 PM
I have said for a long time and people should have taken notice when Holtby said the same thing... Felix holds grudges against players he deems as not willing to run their guts out.... He clearly has something against Burn and Kaca as well...

Although Bodurov has been a welcome surprise.

Mitro and Ruiz need to play... as to Kaca and Burn
Think this is right, what other explanation for the missing experienced players.

@jolslover

Kostas Mitroglou was outside Craven Cottage taking photos with kids tonight. When asked why he's not playing he said: "Ask the manager"
STH H3

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 20, 2014, 10:32:30 PM
pardon me if I'm wrong , but do you think they aren't playing ruiz and Mitro until the deadline is done so they don't get injured ? then if we don't sell play them ...fulham looking after there assets as such ...

His best available assets are his best players, by the time the dealine comes around we could be well off the pace.
The long term 'asset' is achieved by playing your best players and getting promoted
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Sammyffc

this whole situation is just mad !

Julius Geezer

This guy would score 30 goals in a Championship with good service and match fitness!

Can't see him being a Fulham player beyond August!

westcliff white

if he is fit he should play, its that simple. forget protecting him to sell him, he may actually like to play and then choose to stay.
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

If I were the manager and wanted promotion this season I'd have played my best available team every game, with the proviso that any of the players who wanted out would be properly committed. It sounds as if Mitro may be one of them, I've heard no reason why not Ruiz as well but probably not Stek. Not to play them will certainly drive them out and lessen our bargaining position.

To start the season well might have encouraged them to stay with a view to playing in the PL next season. Even if not and they still left, we'd have some points on the board and just slot in a replacement into a team with some confidence.

Too simple?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Neil D

Quote from: Holders on August 21, 2014, 09:33:42 AM
If I were the manager and wanted promotion this season I'd have played my best available team every game, with the proviso that any of the players who wanted out would be properly committed. It sounds as if Mitro may be one of them, I've heard no reason why not Ruiz as well but probably not Stek. Not to play them will certainly drive them out and lessen our bargaining position.

To start the season well might have encouraged them to stay with a view to playing in the PL next season. Even if not and they still left, we'd have some points on the board and just slot in a replacement into a team with some confidence.

Too simple?
Malbranque was in the same position under Coleman.  In hindsight, what you propose makes more sense than Felix's strategy.  It's all very well wanting to build a team around players committed to the club but Mitroglou may have been willing to give it a shot, given more subtle management.  Too late now, I suppose.

Bronaldinho

Mitroglou has said to a few fans he don't know why he ain't playing. I reckon he's fit but McCormack was Felix's big signing and not Mitroglou.

Could be isolating him.

The greek is a good finisher, needs to play whilst on the books.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Putney

Quote from: Neil D on August 21, 2014, 10:17:53 AM

Malbranque was in the same position under Coleman.  In hindsight, what you propose makes more sense than Felix's strategy.  It's all very well wanting to build a team around players committed to the club but Mitroglou may have been willing to give it a shot, given more subtle management.  Too late now, I suppose.

Committed to the club, or committed to Magath? We currently have a bunch of yes man out on the pitch, half of which are just happy to be out there getting first team football after a few years in the academy.

Nick Bateman

Mitroglou would SHINE in this division.  It seems a mixed plan of Ali Mack, asset-stripping the club while lavishing out on the other hand and I believe Ruiz & Mitroglou are being fattened up for sale, so are currently out of Magath's plans (if he has any plans).  This was remarked on by Talksport's Andy Goldstein last night.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Jackali7

Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 21, 2014, 12:27:48 PM
Mitroglou would SHINE in this division.  It seems a mixed plan of Ali Mack, asset-stripping the club while lavishing out on the other hand and I believe Ruiz & Mitroglou are being fattened up for sale, so are currently out of Magath's plans (if he has any plans).  This was remarked on by Talksport's Andy Goldstein last night.

I agree and Mitroglou even said he wants to play (not leave the club) ... I thought he would leave ?!
Now i can't figure out what the story with Ruiz is ?!

SouthIslandWhite

If Felix is the reason Mitro is out, then that is just plain nuts.  Kostusalot in, Felis out!
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Jackali7

Quote from: Bronaldinho on August 21, 2014, 11:06:26 AM
The greek is a good finisher, needs to play whilst on the books.

Very well said  0001.jpeg...that's what Fulham needs Right now...a good Finisher...not players like dogs chasing their tails...but not under Felix...Felix got to go!!

Walsh

I'm actually livid that we never really got to see Mitroglou play for us!

Not going to lie, if Felix carry's on like this I would say get rid and give René Meulensteen another chance, I actually thought he was doing well and the signings he made were very appealing... but I guess everyone has their own opinions and we don't actually know what happened behind the scenes.

Greek

Mitroglou never liked being on the bench. He had many fights in Greece whenever he was put on the bench. He even sarcastically made a sub sign celebration towards one manager hinting that he should have started a game that got him in trouble when he scored a cracker at a young age in the champions league - watch his celebration: http://www.sportwizja.pl/film/4779/pilka-nozna---bordeaux-vs.-olympiakos-gol-mitroglou-na-1-1-/

He will be really pissed off he is not playing. He is emotional, if he felt Magath wanted him there, he would be happier. The fact that Magath said he was a poor buy obviously did not help.

WORTHINGFULHAM

Maybe a chant for mitroglou next home game seems he might not be the bad apple we all thought and if nothing else a morale boost or vote of confidence from the fans. If he stays and is up for our challenge he should play. ..no question.
Is felix being stubborn by not playing him,? Looking at other things felix does and says i am leaning toward this being quite probable, a very dangerous game in my books.

Mokes

a sign that says Felix Out, Mitroglou in would make him feel pretty positive.

the nutflush

Quote from: Greek on August 22, 2014, 12:27:11 AM
Mitroglou never liked being on the bench. He had many fights in Greece whenever he was put on the bench. He even sarcastically made a sub sign celebration towards one manager hinting that he should have started a game that got him in trouble when he scored a cracker at a young age in the champions league - watch his celebration: http://www.sportwizja.pl/film/4779/pilka-nozna---bordeaux-vs.-olympiakos-gol-mitroglou-na-1-1-/

He will be really pissed off he is not playing. He is emotional, if he felt Magath wanted him there, he would be happier. The fact that Magath said he was a poor buy obviously did not help.

Terrible defending that... but a well taken goal.