https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Salcido On His Way?

Started by White Noise, March 23, 2011, 11:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1258505&s=mex&type=story

Salcido could go to Monterrey

MONTERREY - The English club Fulham defender Carlos Salcido, could become the newest member of the Monterrey Rayados Apertura in 2011, then it would have begun negotiations with the directors of the club Monterrey.

Some media say the national team is interested in the financial offer made ​​by the joint Nuevo Leon and therefore may be inclined to this campus.

Even mentioned that the offer had been made by Rayados is more attractive than they have done the Chivas of Guadalajara, one of the teams interested in the player.

It must be remembered that family issues, Salcido has shown interest in returning to the national football and mentions that even the Monterrey defense contract could be long term.

Is expected to soon have a statement by the directors of Monterrey, then so far have not confirmed or denied the version of rapprochement with the Mexican national team.

Mr Fulham

As I said, I think a return to Mexico is likely or even a done deal. It's Sally's choice now whether he wants to move to Monterrey or Chivas.

clint23

I hope so, worst defender in the Premier League by far

finnster01

And don't let the door hit you in the aris on your way out.

Worst defender we have had in years. He doesn't want to defend and makes Hangeland play 2 positions because he doesn't trust him which leads to him getting caught in the middle which he never did before Salsa came on board. Left back has to be a target in the summer or give Briggsy a go again. I have gone right off the lazy Mexican. Liked him in the beginning but after the first couple of games, he has been consistently poo. He can go  :038:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on March 23, 2011, 11:54:45 AM

Worst defender we have had in years. He doesn't want to defend and makes Hangeland play 2 positions because he doesn't trust him which leads to him getting caught in the middle which he never did before Salsa came on board. Left back has to be a target in the summer or give Briggsy a go again. I have gone right off the lazy Mexican. Liked him in the beginning but after the first couple of games, he has been consistently sh1t. He can go  :038:

Quote from: Bogdan23 on March 23, 2011, 11:53:05 AM

Incredibly one eyed views here lads. He is not the best but certianly not one of the worst defenders we have had in recent years, never mind in the premier league

clint23

Left back has to be a target in the summer or give Briggsy a go again.

Well, if Pants will play again, we have him and Baird as a LB, and if not, Baird and Briggs, with Kelly on the bench. I think what we need in the summer is a young central midfielder. I don't want many transfers, I want to see more youngsters involved in the first team.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on March 23, 2011, 12:01:54 PM

Worst defender we have had in years. He doesn't want to defend and makes Hangeland play 2 positions because he doesn't trust him which leads to him getting caught in the middle which he never did before Salsa came on board. Left back has to be a target in the summer or give Briggsy a go again. I have gone right off the lazy Mexican. Liked him in the beginning but after the first couple of games, he has been consistently sh1t. He can go  :038:

Incredibly one eyed views here lads. He is not the best but certianly not one of the worst defenders we have had in recent years, never mind in the premier league

We've got the leakiest* defence in the league, stands to reason that one of our defenders would be the worst in the league.

*the leakiest defence -with only these teams conceding more goals than us to keep us off the bottom of the goals conceded table:
Blackpool
West Brom
Villa
Blackburn
Wigan
West Ham
Wolves
Newcastle
Birmingham
Bolton
Everton
Stoke
Sunderland
Liverpool
Spurs

Team   P   Goals Conceded
1   Blackpool   30   60
2   WBA     30   56
3   Aston Villa   30   51
4   Blackburn   30   51
5   Wigan   30   51
6   West Ham    30   49
7   Wolves   30   49
8   Newcastle   30   45
9   Birmingham   29   41
10   Bolton   30   41
11   Everton   30   39
12   Stoke City   30   38
13   Sunderland   30   37
14   Liverpool   30   36
15   Tottenham   29   34
16   Fulham   30   33
17   Man Utd   30   30
18   Arsenal   29   29
19   ManCity   30   27
20   Chelsea   29   24

cebu

Damn you, IW - you can prove anything with statistics! Particularly when you're right ...  :005:

Burt

He is a confidence player...

I quite liked the look of him in his first outings with us, but since the trannie issue and a couple of errors his form has dipped.

I hope it works out for him back at home.

Anyone for Paul Konch?

jarv

Definitely not the worst. He is not great defending but remember Konch used to makesome serious mistakes regularly which cost goals.
Fulham need another Fred Callahan, decent defender who can go charging up the wing. :clap_hands:

finnster01

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on March 23, 2011, 12:01:54 PM

Worst defender we have had in years. He doesn't want to defend and makes Hangeland play 2 positions because he doesn't trust him which leads to him getting caught in the middle which he never did before Salsa came on board. Left back has to be a target in the summer or give Briggsy a go again. I have gone right off the lazy Mexican. Liked him in the beginning but after the first couple of games, he has been consistently sh1t. He can go  :038:

Am I wrong?

King_Crud

What about Matthew Briggs? I thought he did alright

finnster01

ToodlesMcToot

This is so over the top and just plain wrong.

Baird was receiving the same types of comments here and on the FFC site when he first started playing RB for us. He was terrible. But I don't believe anyone is saying those things now.

Players need time to adapt; something that's been demonstrated on our team time and again. Yet, many here refuse to learn that lesson.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

finnster01

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on March 23, 2011, 12:56:19 PM

Baird was receiving the same types of comments here and on the FFC site when he first started playing RB for us. He was terrible. But I don't believe anyone is saying those things now.

Players need time to adapt; something that's been demonstrated on our team time and again. Yet, many here refuse to learn that lesson.

I don't disagree with the premise. A defender by definition is supposed to defend. Salcido can't defend but he does look good going forward. Hence worst defender I have seen in a long time and he unsettles our CB's, in particular Hangeland.I don't understand what the fuss is about. He is poo end of story in my book.

clint23

He will be 31 soon (2 April). How long should I wait Salcido to adapt?! He's crap, end of story, and if not the worst, one of the worst.

TonyGilroy

Crap player in solid defence? Not likely given how few we concede.

finnster01

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 23, 2011, 01:29:11 PM
We conceded fewer when he was out

ImperialWhite

Quote from: finnster01 on March 23, 2011, 01:03:01 PM

I don't disagree with the premise. A defender by definition is supposed to defend. Salcido can't defend but he does look good going forward. Hence worst defender I have seen in a long time and he unsettles our CB's, in particular Hangeland.I don't understand what the fuss is about. He is not good end of story in my book.

He's a member of the most solid defence outside the Champions League teams.

He doesn't let the other team score, what else should he be doing?

Incidentally, we hardly ever concede but we don't score very many. Surely a defender who is good at going forwards at the expense of a little (only a little, mind, take another gander at the goals conceded table) defensive solidity is a good thing?

ImperialWhite

Quote from: finnster01 on March 23, 2011, 01:32:00 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 23, 2011, 01:29:11 PM
We conceded fewer when he was out

1.3 goals conceded per game with Salcido starting;
1.1 goals conceded per game average.

EDIT:

If Salcido started every game, you'd predict that we would have conceded 7 more goals, to put us on 40 goals conceded thus far. This moves us up from 16th to 11th.