https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Silly Season - FOF's Summer Transfer Thread 2011

Started by Mr Fulham, May 16, 2011, 12:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 24, 2011, 11:32:39 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 24, 2011, 11:30:44 PM
He is going cheap and can score goals. I just hope he turns down Blackburn and comes to us instead.....along with Papiss Cisse.
Papiss Cisse, Now you're talking  098.gif He looks the dogs.

he does look good. please sign him.

FulhamMic

I'm pretty certain it'll be one or the other, not both.

Personally, I'd throw the money towards Cisse. His record is outstanding!

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 25, 2011, 09:59:49 AM
I'm pretty certain it'll be one or the other, not both.

Personally, I'd throw the money towards Cisse. His record is outstanding!

7 goals in 8 games at international level too. Looks like this guy can cut some serious mustard. Get your reddies out Jol
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

FulhamMic

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on August 25, 2011, 10:49:40 AM7 goals in 8 games at international level too. Looks like this guy can cut some serious mustard. Get your reddies out Jol

If Hodgson could convince Fayed to spend 10mil+ on AJ based on his record, Jol should have absolutely no problem convincing Fayed to spend 15mil on Cisse based on his.

Lighthouse

Ipswich Town ready to sign James Bullard of no fixed abode on a two year, one game a season contract. The clubs just keep getting bigger.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 25, 2011, 10:54:48 AM
Quote from: ClarksOriginal on August 25, 2011, 10:49:40 AM7 goals in 8 games at international level too. Looks like this guy can cut some serious mustard. Get your reddies out Jol

If Hodgson could convince Fayed to spend 10mil+ on AJ based on his record, Jol should have absolutely no problem convincing Fayed to spend 15mil on Cisse based on his.

Let's hope so, Cisse is quality and can still progress too. MAF might baulk at the price though
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

FulhamMic

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on August 25, 2011, 11:25:14 AM
Let's hope so, Cisse is quality and can still progress too. MAF might baulk at the price though

He seems to have a lot more faith, respect and trust for Jol though. Remember this was the third time we'd approached him (pre-Sanchez, post-Hodgson and his actual appointment), and it's not like Mo to chase someone so relentlessly.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 25, 2011, 11:36:06 AM
Quote from: ClarksOriginal on August 25, 2011, 11:25:14 AM

He seems to have a lot more faith, respect and trust for Jol though. Remember this was the third time we'd approached him (pre-Sanchez, post-Hodgson and his actual appointment), and it's not like Mo to chase someone so relentlessly.

Yeah definitely I remember, but to an extent MAF has short arms and long pockets. And I'm not having a go at MAF either because I think hes great.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

FulhamMic

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on August 25, 2011, 11:42:51 AM
Yeah definitely I remember, but to an extent MAF has short arms and long pockets. And I'm not having a go at MAF either because I think hes great.

I think the length of MAF's arms are in direct proportion to his trust in his manager. He basically told Hodgson he could have anything he wanted before he left (hence MAF being so bitter about it) but seemed reluctant to back Hughes as he never seemed too keen and was clearly not his first choice.

Jol is a different proposition altogether and I honestly believe if he asks he will get.

Mr Fulham

Barton to QPR - 80k/week

QPR are also to lodge a new-and-improved bid for Scott Parker and are in for Onuoha and SWP

Freiburg have rejected Fulham's bid for Cisse
El Hamdaoui and Ibisevic to join Rovers

MJG

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 25, 2011, 03:46:33 PM
Barton to QPR - 80k/week

QPR are also to lodge a new-and-improved bid for Scott Parker and are in for Onuoha and SWP

Always quite liked Nedum Onuoha but like a lot at city he seems to have got stuck counting his money.

AlFayedsChequebook

Barton to QPR - 80k/week

£80k a week! They are the new West Ham!

FulhamMic

Quote from: MJG on August 25, 2011, 03:49:36 PM
Always quite liked Nedum Onuoha but like a lot at city he seems to have got stuck counting his money.

It makes sense; can you guess who his agent is?

FulhamMic

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 25, 2011, 03:53:48 PM
Barton to QPR - 80k/week
£80k a week! They are the new West Ham!

Warnock's already dismissed what the Daily Mirror were reporting and that was only at 60k so I very much doubt they'll be paying him 80k.

Senior Supporter

I couldn't believe a comment from Warnock in an interview played on 5 live. It was something along the lines of "people say Barton has got personality problems but, let's face it, he wouldn't be joining QPR if he hadn't". Not the most tactful comment from your prospective manager.  fp.gif

Mitch

Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 25, 2011, 05:23:16 PM
I couldn't believe a comment from Warnock in an interview played on 5 live. It was something along the lines of "people say Barton has got personality problems but, let's face it, he wouldn't be joining QPR if he hadn't". Not the most tactful comment from your prospective manager.  fp.gif
That's brilliant. In a way a fan I'd find that mildy endearing, because every club likes to think they are different.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 25, 2011, 05:23:16 PM
HAHAHAHA! 064.gif 064.gif

Lighthouse

Barton has finalised his deal for a 4 year contract at QPR.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

elgreenio

Boyata to Bolton on loan has also gone through.

QPR linked with Luke Young and SWP now as well
touch my camera through the fence

malcbridger

Now Davies is out for 5 months and Riise brothers injured, we should pull out all the stops to sign Gradel from Leeds (and in an ideal world, a big striker and a right back). I know Gradel is pretty much untested at this level but he has looked a cut above in every game i have watched. Fast, tricky, hard working, eye for goal, and definitely worth a punt at the 3.5/4m supposedly quoted.