more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Silly Season - FOF's Summer Transfer Thread 2011

Started by Mr Fulham, May 16, 2011, 12:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

Quote from: elgreenio on July 19, 2011, 09:20:24 AM
Stijn Stijnen has been training with Celtic since being released. He's one of the most hated players in Belgium, maybe sipwell can ellaborate?

Used to be the #1 goalkeeper of Club Brugge. He was out with a serious injury most of last season. He used his time recovering by browsing internet fora about Club Brugge (like FoF for Fulham) to attack the current #1 (he was trying to get his first team spot back at the time) and to endlessly praise himself as the best goalkeeper in the world. He also criticized the manager, the staff and the club as such. He would have whole conversations with himself through different accounts. In the end, his IP gave him away (he sent a mail via his normal account to one of the forum board owners, who couldn't help noticing that the IP was similar to the one of a user they banned previously for swearing at the #1 goalkeeper).
I have never rated Stijnen. He was an arrogant goalkeeper. His only exceptional gift was that in a one on one situation he had a considerably bigger chance than most goalies to actually block the shot. But on all the other fronts, he was average.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

elgreenio

seems he's pulled another one, leaving Celtic as he felt he was/is too good for a friendly game/trial.

He really is special isn't he
touch my camera through the fence

sipwell

Quote from: elgreenio on July 19, 2011, 11:58:10 AM
seems he's pulled another one, leaving Celtic as he felt he was/is too good for a friendly game/trial.

He really is special isn't he

Oh but the world ends and starts in his buttocks. He is the real thing.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

elgreenio

Marco Russ has joined Wolfsburg for €4m.
Pablo Sarabia has joined Getafe from R.Madrid for €3m, and no doubt there'll be a buy-back in there aswell

Lighthouse

More time is neede to raise the money to pay for Tevez, So the sale is delayed.

What happens if he burps and suddenly explodes? Would the insurance cover the loss of such a wonderful footballer. Wait a minute. He is very good, but nobody is that good.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

elgreenio

Porto have signed Santos full back Danilo for €13m.

Rennes have signed Liverpools Chris Mavinga for €1.5m.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 20, 2011, 10:52:38 AM
More time is neede to raise the money to pay for Tevez, So the sale is delayed.

The Brazilian transfer window apparently closes today, so he won't move to Corinthians then...

elgreenio

will be back in for him in January if Citeh cant shift him to Inter

AlFayedsChequebook

Doubt Tevez will ever end up at corinthians - they simply do not have the money

elgreenio

whilst Bazilian clubs are a lot more capable in the transfer market than they used to be, my understanding was that they were looking to play this deal the Real Madrid way, in that they'd buy a marquee player and look for the increase in revenue/sponsorship/interest in the club to offset some of the fee. But, unlike when they bought in Ronaldo, Tevez is more Corinthians oriented than Ronaldo who is a figurehead all throughout Brazil.

At least thats what I gathered from the ramblings of my Brazilian itk

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: elgreenio on July 20, 2011, 02:12:53 PM
whilst Bazilian clubs are a lot more capable in the transfer market than they used to be, my understanding was that they were looking to play this deal the Real Madrid way, in that they'd buy a marquee player and look for the increase in revenue/sponsorship/interest in the club to offset some of the fee. But, unlike when they bought in Ronaldo, Tevez is more Corinthians oriented than Ronaldo who is a figurehead all throughout Brazil.

At least thats what I gathered from the ramblings of my Brazilian itk

That would make sense, and as you say Real Madrid have done this, the difference I think is that Corinthians do not have the money up front, or the ability to get the said money. Add to this that Brazilian football is corrupt and the transfer is on shaky ground.

elgreenio

strong rumours that JP has signed for Leicester

Mr Fulham

Quote from: elgreenio on July 20, 2011, 04:57:23 PM
strong rumours that JP has signed for Leicester

They've got two decent fullbacks now. :59:

http://fcutrecht.nl/nieuws/actueel/3809/fc-utrecht-strikt-alexander-gerndt

Gerndt has joined Utrecht, btw.

elgreenio

Jo has moved to Internacional on a 4 year deal from Citeh.

Jozy Atidore has completed his move to AZ Alkmaar, again a 4 year deal.

elgreenio

Capdevilla has joined Benfica on a 2 year deal.

Steven Defour has rejected Lokomotiv Moscow. Will probably be on his way out soon enough, his armband has been given away. Talk of him possibly joining Porto if Moutinho leaves

Mr Fulham

Kyle Naughton has joined Norwich on loan from Spurs.
David Stockdale set to join either Leeds or Ipswich on loan.

I still hope he signs a new deal beforehand.

elgreenio

Barcelona have signed Alexis Sanchez from Udinese for €37.5m - €26m upfront and €11.5m add-ons - player signs a 5-year deal.

Emerson of Lille has joined Benfica.

Sporting signed Diego Capel from Sevilla for €3,5m.

Fluminense signed River's Manuel Lanzini in a loan deal, let's see if he can live up to the hype.

Ernersto Chevantón has joined Argentine club Colón.

And Kerlon joined Nacional Nova Serrana, a really tiny Minas Gerais club, after "playing" (only played a couple of games actually) recently for Paraná.

Arturo Vidal to Juventus. €10,5m + €2m in bonuses, Vidal arrived in Turin a few hours ago.

AlFayedsChequebook

That Alexis Sanchez deal is a good bit of business for both sides - Udinese get the cash to reinvest and Barca get a top player at the right price

ImperialWhite

Does anyone know what's going on at PSG?

I hear that the new owners want to buy Taarabt, but new boss Leonardo doesn't. Fair enough, I think - Taarabt is good, but a title winning player? I don't think so, not even in France.

elgreenio

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 22, 2011, 11:19:54 AM
That Alexis Sanchez deal is a good bit of business for both sides - Udinese get the cash to reinvest and Barca get a top player at the right price

remember the huge document on here recently about buying to sell etc, Udinese will likely re-invest this money plus what they got for Zapata in alot of South Americans to be sold on in a few years.

Wouldn't be surprised at that PSG talk IW, wouldnt be the first set of owners who want to manage the club