more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norway flag day at Craven Cottage..?

Started by LBNo11, July 24, 2011, 09:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watfordwhite

Quote from: JBH on July 29, 2011, 03:18:18 PM
Just emailed the club with the following, I thought it was worth a try.

Hi

I don't know if it has been discussed by the club but after the tragic occurence in Norway  a few dozen fans will be displaying their support for our Norweign Players and the people of Norway by taking the Flag of Norway to the games v Split and Aston Villa.

Could the club follow suit by issuing clappers with the flag of Norway on them at the 1st premiership home game of the season v Aston Villa so that all of the fans could show their unity and pay their respect?

065.gif good idea  :54:

BB

epsomraver

NorfolkJim

This is such a good thing to be doing - I wont be able to come to the split game as I'm working security on of all things a summer youth camp, but I hope you post plenty of pictures / video on the Web and theres always the Aston Villa game.
Surely the club will agree to the game being a flag day and let people bring in poles for the flags. It's always been OTT in my opinion that the stewards confiscate poles - its not like we are that likely to start belting into each other with them, is it?

kewbridgeffc

My fiance and I will be bringing a large flag and will be sitting in the front row of Johnny Haynes near the half way line so it should be quite visible.

Vinnieffc

Got mine and will be in the Riverside near to the Hammy End near the top..

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

BestOfBrede

Quote from: NorfolkJim on August 01, 2011, 11:55:03 AM
This is such a good thing to be doing - I wont be able to come to the split game as I'm working security on of all things a summer youth camp, but I hope you post plenty of pictures / video on the Web and theres always the Aston Villa game.
Surely the club will agree to the game being a flag day and let people bring in poles for the flags. It's always been OTT in my opinion that the stewards confiscate poles - its not like we are that likely to start belting into each other with them, is it?
Quote from: kewbridgeffc on August 01, 2011, 12:01:09 PM
My fiance and I will be bringing a large flag and will be sitting in the front row of Johnny Haynes near the half way line so it should be quite visible.
Kewbridge - Once married for a few years NorfolkJim may have to revoke that statement! :005:

HatterDon

I don't know if it means anything to you, but I'm very proud of you guys for doing this -- especially Ed who thunk it up. I'm fairly certain my fellahMerikans are also proud of you.

Here's to peace and healing in Norway!!!!  065.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Quote from: HatterDon on August 03, 2011, 10:53:34 PM
I don't know if it means anything to you, but I'm very proud of you guys for doing this -- especially Ed who thunk it up. I'm fairly certain my fellahMerikans are also proud of you.

Here's to peace and healing in Norway!!!!  065.gif

Second that. What is there not to be proud of that?

I can't be at the Cottage, but during match hours a big Norwegian flag will tastefully be flying out of my window in West Harlem.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

bizarrebaz

My girls have made their own Norway flag and will be showing it tonight at cottage a they are away for the Villa game. We' ll be in johnny Haynes upper

epsomraver

Small tasteful flags x 2 JH D block row A

Airfix

Back of H6.  5' x 3'.  I plan to go out at lunch and get some white sticky lettering as I'd like to put "Vi vil huske dem" (We will remember them) on it.

filbertfish

filbertfish

Quote from: bizarrebaz on August 04, 2011, 08:22:32 AM
My girls have made their own Norway flag and will be showing it tonight at cottage a they are away for the Villa game. We' ll be in johnny Haynes upper
Did they put a picture of it on twitter? Looked really good if so.

Scrumpy

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

LBNo11

...well it was good to see some 35 -40 fans made the effort to bring their Norwegian flags - of course counting the low attendance and the many tourists that is close to my original estimation.

Hopefully with a bigger attendance and more regular ticket holders we will see double the turn-out - or more, which would be a nice way to show the fans care...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

WhiteJC

Quote from: bizarrebaz on August 04, 2011, 08:22:32 AM

I believe I was sitting in front of you