more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norway flag day at Craven Cottage..?

Started by LBNo11, July 24, 2011, 09:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bilet

Yarden

Video from Oslo today when 150 000 people came together to remember those who lost their lives.

http://www.vgtv.no/#!id=42472

White Noise

LBNo11's great idea has been very well received by Fulham fans on Twitter, on Cottage Corner and by some on TIFF. Plenty of fans saying they have now bought their flags. It sounds like quite a lot will take them to the Split game at The Cottage on Thursday while others are planning to do so at The Villa game on the 13th.

ImperialWhite

Bought mine - looks like nearly 40 have been sold since I posted my link.

zzamora

this is why fulham fans are the greatest in england, and why i am proud to support such an amazing club.

I salute all of you.

HammyH3

Bought mine for Split at home. Great idea LB

FP

You people are so wonderful.
I'll get a flag tomorrow and it will be with me during the whole week in Montevideo.
Great idea LB, thank you

Vinnieffc

theo

Two norwegian flags and a Norway national team shirt (been meaning to buy one for ages) are making their way to me as we speak, if you see a rather emotional looking blonde guy in a Norway shirt at the split game, with a special one and a giant in tow, come say hi.

WhiteJC

AlFayedsChequebook

I can't make the Split game as I will be in the US, are people still taking them to the Villa game?

theo

On the subject of the Split game, is anyone else not able to pick their own seats for it? I only have Quick Seats available on the site, and they keep trying to put me right at the front on Hammy end, might have to sit in another section if this continues.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: theo on July 26, 2011, 09:58:34 AM
On the subject of the Split game, is anyone else not able to pick their own seats for it? I only have Quick Seats available on the site, and they keep trying to put me right at the front on Hammy end, might have to sit in another section if this continues.

Me too. My guess is that the attendance won't be enormous, so you'll be able to sit where you like.

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 26, 2011, 09:56:37 AM
I can't make the Split game as I will be in the US, are people still taking them to the Villa game?

I think the plan is both. The advantage of the Villa game is that there will be a greater attendance and MOTD exposure (possibly). But the Split game is the first one since the tragedy, so that will be where the main focus is.

LRCN

BB

My Norwegian Flag, has arrived this morning......

Well done Royal Mail!!! 077.gif

Nick the Swede

-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

FFC Me

Whilst I can understand the sentiment in doing this, to me I feel it may come across to others as us saying 'oh arnt we a great bunch' Are those affected in Norway actually going to see any of this or care about it? All these fivers spent on flags could have been better placed in a fund for the victims families, something which could actually make a difference. No matter what we do, thankfully we are unlikely to ever feel thier pain. I hope im wrong but I cant see what good it will achive dispite the best intensions.

CorkedHat

Quote from: FFC Me on July 26, 2011, 12:33:42 PM
Whilst I can understand the sentiment in doing this, to me I feel it may come across to others as us saying 'oh arnt we a great bunch' Are those affected in Norway actually going to see any of this or care about it? All these fivers spent on flags could have been better placed in a fund for the victims families, something which could actually make a difference. No matter what we do, thankfully we are unlikely to ever feel thier pain. I hope im wrong but I cant see what good it will achive dispite the best intensions.

Not only will Hangeland and Riise (if one or both plays) will see them and this is very important. If there are enough flags they will be shown on Norwegian TV News and You Tube. I have posted this on Facebook and many Norwegian students that I had the privilege of teaching at Uni have PM'd me to say how grateful they are that my football team cares enough to do this.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FFC Me on July 26, 2011, 12:33:42 PM

Negative, negative, negative.

It will not bring anyone back, but it could help to heal the pain that many are feeling.

If something terrible happened to you, would you not be happy if someone randomly came up to you on the street and offered you a show of support?

theo

I have had nothing but great respones from my friends back home when I've told them of the plan to show the flags, it is just a chance for people outside of Norway to show solidarity and that they too feel for their losses. It's a message of international love and compassion, totally in tune with the way the Norwegian people have responded to this tragedy.  It will be noticed and appreciated, trust me on that. I've even had more than one friend tell me to take pictures so I could share it with them.