https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norway flag day at Craven Cottage..?

Started by LBNo11, July 24, 2011, 09:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

Quote from: ImperialWhite on July 24, 2011, 10:58:47 PM
A wee bit cheaper:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NORWAY-NORWEGIAN-FLAG-5FT-X-3FT-/170616095751?pt=UK_Flags&hash=item27b9830407#ht_500wt_1156
I've just bought 2 of these for our little crew, for less than a tenner. Delivered within 3 days so should be here in good time for the split game. Plenty in stock. They're 5ft x 3ft, so can be easily held aloft by 2 people. I don't suppose the quality is great, but they should be lightweight and will get the message across. A great idea.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

LRCN

what a great idea this is, i agree it should be done for the split game

CorkedHat

it's times like this that makes me wish I was there with you guys. It is a great idea and I hope you all support it
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Gozorich

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 25, 2011, 06:11:04 AM
it's times like this that makes me wish I was there with you guys. It is a great idea and I hope you all support it

+1

sipwell

Quote from: nevzter on July 24, 2011, 11:12:43 PM
I'd be happy to buy some for folks attending the match - PM if you're interested.

+1
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Hazey

More than happy to chip in here.

I got a custom made Aussie flag with FFC in the corner (over your Union Jack sorry lads), can try to find the company I used.

Top idea btw!!!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

AlFayedsChequebook

WhiteNoise - have you contacted the club over this? Instead of some tacky free gift on the first game of the season, they could get in some flags to put on seats? Failing that, we could propose a minute's silence.

With Hangeland and the Riise's at the club, I am sure they would be interested.

I like the original idea, however, and will definitely get a flag.

Airfix

WhiteJC

Craven Cottagers
Following the 2007/8, 2008/9, 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons at Craven Cottage - recounted by season ticket holders who aren't actually Fulham fans.

Supporting Norway
There's a thread on Friends of Fulham encouraging people to pick up Norway flags to fly at the home game against Split next week as a way of showing solidarity with the club's three Norweigan players; Brede Hangeland and the Riises. After the absolutely horrendous events in Oslo and Utoeya island last weekend, it's a good way for the support to show the players that the victims in their homeland have our sympathy.
Flags can be picked up for less than £3 here

http://cottagers.blogspot.com/2011/07/supporting-norway.html?

theo

Just bought one, and about to order another one. Will be at the Split game with a couple of Norwegian mates who are coming down to visit, but unfortunately can't make the Villa game. Great idea by LB.

Vinnieffc

Aspen

Flag ordered - will bring to both games - a tragic event one can not comprehend - a friends daughter was ill did not travel to Utoeya a lucky escape 

finnster01

Big Norwegian flag ordered and will fly out my window in NY during the game. I don't care if the police comes and ask me to take it down. They'll have to do it themselves.

COYW and COYNorwegians!!!
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

filbertfish

Just ordered a flag, good to see all the support.

WhiteJC

some of you may know that I'm a web/graphic designer, I've just come across this on dribble (design site)...

AlFayedsChequebook

Just bought mine, look forward to showing my support in a few weeks

theo

Really appreciate the Norwegian flag on the sites banner, cheers guys.

RidgeRider

I think this thread is one of the reasons why this board is such a good place. Great idea from LB and can't wait to see all the Norwegian flags flying at the Cottage at the split game.

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"